Valewalkers - 44 or 50 Scythe?

This seems to be a big debate among Valewalkers.

My current VW is 44 Scythe / 48 Arb / 10 Parry but I see that 50/38/20 is pretty popular too.

Defense penetration doesn't seem to be much of an increase from 44 to 50 and neither does damage variance.

But I haven't looked into style damage. Is the style damage much better at 50?

Re: Valewalkers - 44 or 50 Scythe?

imo the lvl 50 style is not useable (4 part chain lol) and also does not offer a good effect anyway (95 delve dd lol)
on the other hand attack speed is king
so my suggestion is 44/48/10
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

inoeth wrote:
Wed 23 Sep 2020 4:22 PM
imo the lvl 50 style is not useable (4 part chain lol) and also does not offer a good effect anyway (95 delve dd lol)
If they ever complete the style changes 50 scythe will be worth it

The thing is for the 4 style chain, you want to hit with a fast scythe for the 3 first styles, and switch with the slowest for the DD, because the damage is influence by the weapon speed. You can crit on it too, if you invest 1 point at least in WP. It's an AE too, and it makes huge damage, which is great to surprise healers.
You want to use positionals anyway because the anytimes suck on VW and have crap to hit bonus... So yeah in group go for the 50 scythe.

inoeth wrote:
Wed 23 Sep 2020 4:22 PM

I also took 44 scythe but went slightly lower with 46arb for more parry.

I like this thought. I'll have to try it out. Is worth 6+ parry for the higher root and speed boost?