Druid - Where to locate during keep defenses?

Started 11 Jun 2020
by VonSchneider
in Hibernia
Im quite new to the druid class, but im having soo much fun and learning smt new everyday.
However, one thing Im still trying to find out is how to position yourself during keep defenses.
What I am realising is that most times all of your casters a spread all over the keep wall if first gate is still intact or all over the main tower(oil level, roof etc.) if you are deffing the main tower. Not to forget the flood of GTAOE which is always rupting you everywhere.
So what I am trying to do most times is using greater heal and spread heal as "follow up" (deactivated casting queue) so that if I cant keep LoS to every1 at least spread heal fires and heals.
But often thats either too slow or not enough heals for a caster that is focused and it really frustrates me.
Ik its REALLY situational but is there any concensus on where to position yourself best to get a good chance to heal everyone while not getting targeted by GTAOEs as I cant babysit every caster by standing right next to them?
Thu 11 Jun 2020 10:33 PM by Gildar
As warden / bard i can tell that there is no answer at your question.

Every siege is different ... and ofc it is impossible to heal a caster grp spread on walls / inner tower ... sadly
Fri 12 Jun 2020 7:44 AM by Sepplord
A caster getting focussed and cannot move out of LOS will not be kept alive by a reactionary spreadheal. When you are in discord and they scream for heals before the damage hits you might have a chance depending on how many are focussing him

Best chance you have in a random without coordination is to tell them where you are, and to stay near those locations. Or tell them that they need to stick together and tell you where they are going.
Aka when gate is still up, your groups casters should be either left wall or right wall primarily. It is impossible for you to keep everyone alive when you can't even see them to notice someone getting stunned (for example)
Fri 12 Jun 2020 9:39 AM by Gildar
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 12 Jun 2020 7:44 AM
A caster getting focussed and cannot move out of LOS will not be kept alive by a reactionary spreadheal. When you are in discord and they scream for heals before the damage hits you might have a chance depending on how many are focussing him

Best chance you have in a random without coordination is to tell them where you are, and to stay near those locations. Or tell them that they need to stick together and tell you where they are going.
Aka when gate is still up, your groups casters should be either left wall or right wall primarily. It is impossible for you to keep everyone alive when you can't even see them to notice someone getting stunned (for example)

Pure truth man
Fri 12 Jun 2020 11:26 AM by Lollie
Also, try and stay keep a roof over your head, volley shouldnt be able to hit you, think the same with catas. Just remeber you can't always save everyone.
Fri 12 Jun 2020 1:16 PM by VonSchneider
Wow! Thanks for all your helpful answers! Rly appreciate it, as I wasnt expecting to even get one good answer because I thought my question was too specific
Tue 16 Jun 2020 2:11 PM by DQ78
Generally I stay around the gate on defense and only go up when someone is nearsighted. Too much AOE up there and trebbins. On offense, best place is up on the wall, hug the wall. I only generally move when the GTAOE nonsense is going on. Group heal is useless. I only use it when people are slightly damaged or I'm tryin to locate people in distance. Spread uses a lot of power, but it will keep your people alive. If the other druid hopefully or the other healers are helping, it should be pretty good on power. Use your pots. Instant power pots, 1 minute timer, should be downing them constantly. Chunk of legion in those longer fights. Etheral Bond atleast 4 will help your power pool and help the MCl regain power too. And as a healer be vocal. Find out the main assist and be within range of them. Everyone should be doing that, it will make things easier. Keeps are large and crazy things happen in them, it can be frustrating.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics