Is Salvaging items the standard after farming?

Started 14 Aug 2020
by DinoTriz
in Crafting
In general, when people farm, are they doing it for the sole purpose of Salvaging everything?

I'd imagine they Salvage all the poor quality item drops and sell the high Util items in their homes, correct?

I've created a farming character to fund my other characters so I'm new to farming.
Mon 31 Aug 2020 11:00 AM by Laron
Generally, if lvl 50/51 armor or weapon drops have a life tap or heal proc, I assume that somebody will want them for leveling. Usually I sell them on my merchant for 30g or more.
Thu 3 Sep 2020 8:48 AM by Centenario
Here are the 7 types of rewards from farming:

1) Coins
These coins make up a large amount, and are reduced by your guild tax rate. The more mobs your kill the more coins drop, proportionally. This makes big aoe puller classes better.

2) Junk
These should stack, at lvl 50 they have a high value, thats what you should sell to your summoned merchant every time your bags are full.

3) Uniques
These are items with capital letters in their name, they are the sought after items for salvage, some can give up to 60 metal bars. Mobs who drop unique metal or wood items are better. They usually have low drop chance under 5%

4) ROG jewelry lvl 50-51
ROG jewelry main purpose is to farm dust, dust is used to create class-specific high utility jewelry. You should salvage any ROG jewelry under 50utility, keep items above 60 utility to sell in the market, and keep/salvage items in 50-60 utility depending on the stats (power/hits/basestats>Resists>Skills>SIquestnecklaceResists)

5) ROG Weapons lvl 50-51
- ROG weapons drops are influenced by your character's class: a cloth caster will loot a lot more cloth armor and wood staves than metal weapons.
- Lvl 50 ROGs are easier to farm, but you won't get the occasional jackpot items.
- Lvl 51 ROGs are only looted on orange or higher mobs for a lvl 50.
- ROG weapons salvage for 15g each, you can safely salvage any weapon with quality below 98%, their might be a few exceptions but they are not worth the trouble.
- You can safely salvage all lvl 50 (16.2 dps) weapons
- Non-LT 99% & 100% 16.5 could have some value 50g-50p. They have more value when they cannot be crafted. Check motog's crafting guide for a list of all weapons and speed, select the highest lvl version (arcanium or arcanite) and if its not available in 16.5 then the item has more value has an ROG, even when not LT, since it cannot be crafted. However, you'd have to understand which class needs which weapon and which speed to know the real price of the item. A 3.2 whip on ALB cannot be crafted as a 16.5, so it has a higher value, the quickest speed of whips is 3.0, but a reaver would hit the attack speed cap with that in DS, so a 3.2 whip is better than 3.0 for DS, in DS the sorc uses cold debuff, leviathan is cold proc, and thauma use cold pbaoe, this makes 3.2/16.5/coldproc the most sought after whip for low RR reavers for DS dps.
- LT 99% & 100% 16.5 weapons are either trash or best in slots. They can have the highest value of any item. Since LT procs cannot be crafted they can most of the time only be obtained from ROG drops, only some exception from the merchant in the capital. Usually if the weapon is slowest or quickest speed available for that weapon type, they will have a high value.
- For example, here are the market prices on Alb for those rare LT MP 51 weapons:
100% LT 16.5 3.0 whip is 50-150p
100% LT 16.5 5.5 bow is 35-70p
100% LT 16.5 4.2 1h hammer is 5-15p
100% LT 16.5 5.7 thrust pole is 30-200p
100% LT 16.5 4.4 thrust pole is 30-200p
100% LT 16.5 3.9 1h thrust is 50-200p
100% LT 16.5 3.7 1h thrust is 15-50p
100% LT 16.5 2.2 1h Lefty thrust is 50-200p
100% LT 16.5 3.6 2h thrust is 10-50p

6) ROG Armor
ROG armor drops are influenced by your character's class: a cloth caster will loot a lot more cloth armor and wood staves than metal armor.
100% quality and utility above 55 can have value, usually only if they have either a heal proc or a LT proc.
They can range from 1p to 5p depending on the armor slot and the armor type.
95%+ of the time ROG armor is just salvage.

7) Task Items
Task items are limited to 1 per 2minutes for your character, so switching mob camps, will not mean you can get more than 1 every 2 minutes.
They usually cost 25g-40g each depending on the level range, the turn-in location and supply of those.

To conclude:
When farming for 1 hour you'd have to analyze all the reward you get from those 7 things, then remove your pot cost, your repair cost, your charge cost; your salvage time spent has to be included in the 1 hour. If you farm 1 hour and spend 1 hour salvaging and trinketing and organizing, you actually spent 2 hours to get your rewards.
You have to compare your income to other activities Boss farm, instance farm.
Instance farming gets you around 2p-4p per hour in feathers depending on your group and some chance at jackpot ROGs. 8ppl activity
Boss farm gets you around 850g per hour in feathers and some chance at jackpot ROGs jewelry. 4ppl activity
Farming should net you around 1p per hour but I heard some spots give you a lot more. 1ppl activity

When farming you can also sell PL, which is within the rules as long as the people being PLed are not AFK.
Usually its up to 2p for lvl 1-24 the faster the more expensive. You have to make sure that the people being PLed have their bags full, and you have to request the 1)coins back from those people on top of the PL fee.
Thu 3 Sep 2020 12:07 PM by DinoTriz
This is awesome, thanks @Centenario
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Crafting or the latest topics