2 hand paladin

Started 2 Jan 2021
by CowwoC
in Albion
Anyone who is playing a 2 hand pally in rvr(solo or in group i don't mind) or has played it recently, is it fun to play with? Any spec suggestions would be cool as well, maybe even starting class and stats.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:54 PM by ExcretusMaximus
50 2-hand
48 Chants
42 Shield
31 Slash
5 Parry

It's a blast, loved mine before I was forced off it to play something with Dashing Defense.

If you want better variance, stop your 2-hand spec at 44 and raise your Slash appropriately.
Sun 3 Jan 2021 12:08 AM by CowwoC
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:54 PM
50 2-hand
48 Chants
42 Shield
31 Slash
5 Parry

It's a blast, loved mine before I was forced off it to play something with Dashing Defense.

If you want better variance, stop your 2-hand spec at 44 and raise your Slash appropriately.

Have you played friar as well? Is the survivability similar? I know they have different jobs in a group, so this question aims for solo runs only. Depending how easy it is to bait a 2 hand back stun, maybe it's possible to drop shield and put more into parry?

Any suggestions for starting stats?
Sun 3 Jan 2021 1:14 AM by Neso
Mainly ran solo at rr7+ before jumping to hib. Had the most fun with:

44 2h
48 chants
42 shield
29 slash
26 parry

Idea was to s/s (block>ame as backup) until you get a parry, then straight into the 2h parry chain for the 30% debuff.
Was high mastery of parry to help. Starting stats choices are 10 str, dex, qui or str, con, dex. Think mine went str, dex, qui to help with the 2h 6.0sec swing speed with combo pots.

My friar was grp spec only at rr8+ so can't say for solo, but at least get good at self peeling when low hp to heal. Starting stats all into dex, which is cast speed and staff dps.
Wed 6 Jan 2021 6:20 PM by CowwoC
Do you guys prefer any particular chant order and resi order? For now my chant order is AF>DMG>HEAL but i have no clue which resi order could bring the most benefit tbh.

Also which styles do you use the most? It seems the bone chain isn't worth it, at least not the last in that chain, since it almost never get's through, even on mobs. Question is if you cancel/ overwrite your own attack speed debuff with bone bruiser, if you are able to get the after parry attack speed debuff out. I guess not.
Fri 8 Jan 2021 12:18 PM by opossum12
CowwoC wrote:
Wed 6 Jan 2021 6:20 PM
Do you guys prefer any particular chant order and resi order? For now my chant order is AF>DMG>HEAL but i have no clue which resi order could bring the most benefit tbh.

Also which styles do you use the most? It seems the bone chain isn't worth it, at least not the last in that chain, since it almost never get's through, even on mobs. Question is if you cancel/ overwrite your own attack speed debuff with bone bruiser, if you are able to get the after parry attack speed debuff out. I guess not.

I always do AF last, main reason is that the chants last 6 seconds, but the reuse timer is 8 seconds, so the last two seconds before you call your chants will be the last chant you used.

Paladin main contribution through chants is the AF buff. By using it last in the sequence, you make sure it's up 24/7.

I have my resists macroed to another key, so if we figgt casters I'll make sure my resists are up last
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics