Warrior Suggestion After Style Change

Started 9 Jul 2021
by Bradekes
in Suggestions
I noticed while browsing the style changes that Midgard got the short stick on a couple of elements that I think would be important for a melee based realm.

Firstly, they have no high delve anytime/frontal styles with good to-hit bonus with any defensive bonuses. Only thane got a good anytime style in swords/hammers with max dmg being about 222 on their level 34ish anytime style with no +defense. The rest of the Midgard melee is about 160ish. Sword has a decent frontal chain but it has pretty low to-hit bonus comparatively to the other realm options with absolutely no defense.

My guess, the reason it turned out this way is that Midgard melee classes have the ability to use 1h & 2h and the delves of the styles fall pretty much in-line with all 2h style lines from the other realms.

My suggested fix for this is to make use of some of the anytime "fodder styles" that won't really get used often in axe & hammer lines require a shield to use and have higher base delves so midgard can have some decent sword/board styles like the other two realms. Maybe add in some defense as well so they don't feel left out.

This is just a suggestion that I think will add some flavor to give some cool options. I know only war/thane get shield spec but warrior seem kinda subpar now in the sword/board area after new styles changes.
Sat 10 Jul 2021 2:16 AM by ExcretusMaximus
They are not. a. melee. based. realm.

You people need to get this idea out of your head, because it's not true and never has been. Celerity does not make an entire realm.
Sat 10 Jul 2021 2:35 AM by Nephamael
I noticed while browsing the style changes that Midgard got the short stick on a couple of elements that I think would be important for a melee based realm.

Firstly, they have no high delve anytime/frontal styles with good to-hit bonus with any defensive bonuses. Only thane got a good anytime style in swords/hammers with max dmg being about 222 on their level 34ish anytime style with no +defense. The rest of the Midgard melee is about 160ish. Sword has a decent frontal chain but it has pretty low to-hit bonus comparatively to the other realm options with absolutely no defense.

My guess, the reason it turned out this way is that Midgard melee classes have the ability to use 1h & 2h and the delves of the styles fall pretty much in-line with all 2h style lines from the other realms.

My suggested fix for this is to make use of some of the anytime "fodder styles" that won't really get used often in axe & hammer lines require a shield to use and have higher base delves so midgard can have some decent sword/board styles like the other two realms. Maybe add in some defense as well so they don't feel left out.

This is just a suggestion that I think will add some flavor to give some cool options. I know only war/thane get shield spec but warrior seem kinda subpar now in the sword/board area after new styles changes.

I agree with adding flavor and getting rid of all those useless anytimers in not just mid but also:

-slash:
Uppercut (6) + Opal Slash (15) /+ Cleave (25)
Saphire Slash (44)

-thrust:
Puncture (6) + Bloody Dance (12)
Tranquilize (18) + Wyvern Fang (44) -once a class theme, now completely useless (no dmg, 2 hard to land to try vs sidestyle with same effect)

-pole:
Defender's Faith (8) + Defender's Courage (15) (make the asr 1 anytimer or better: frontal)
also get rid of 1 or 2 sidechains, pole has 3!

-blade:
Fire Blade (18) + Spectrum Blade (39) -both could also just be buffed, to get viable

-blunt:
Force of Might (18)

sidenote: Hammer warrior does rly well.
Sat 10 Jul 2021 10:20 AM by Bradekes
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 2:16 AM
They are not. a. melee. based. realm.

You people need to get this idea out of your head, because it's not true and never has been. Celerity does not make an entire realm.

Midgard is a melee based realm. Warrior is on the highest damage table of any melee. Hunter also on higher melee damage table than the other two archers and gets a melee pet.

Midgard has only secondary caster pets no primary caster pets on non-SI classes like the other two realms, their pbaoe class has a pet that intercepts melee hits for them. As you mentioned they have celerity, which by itself wouldn't give the impression that Midgard was a melee based realm.

Midgard has the fewest caster classes. Their speed 5 class is melee based and has no real ranged utility like bard and minstrel. Their melee classes get 1h & 2h in same spec tree unlike the other realms who have to spec in both. Midgard is melee oriented and it's pretty obvious.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics