Necromancer snare

Started 12 Apr 2021
by Fisico
in Suggestions
I think this could be a good change without making the class op but just giving better group utility.
So my suggestion is making the Painwork baseline snare (lvl 49 spell is called Dispiriting Pain) a snare with no immunity maybe 60% value with lesser duration (atm is more then a minute) or making it a root so 100% value with immunity and same duration. At the moment i think is just a useless spell halfway between a snare or a root.
Mon 12 Apr 2021 10:13 PM by ExcretusMaximus
If you think that a 73 second (before reductions) 50% snare is a "useless spell" then you're not thinking in the right direction.
Mon 12 Apr 2021 11:54 PM by easytoremember
For catching targets at full hp it's been pretty worthless following CLHP and 2nd pet range check. You cannot stop an enemy bent on running from escaping.

a) You snare a fleeing enemy and bring your pet to right on top of him to squeeze in the most spells you can cast. He lives and makes it out of 1500, fight over.
b) You snare a fleeing enemy and sick your pet on him. Your pet only stays in melee range if you do not command pet to cast spells. This means you're going to be dragged into enemies or a keep/tower, or both before the target dies/hp dips low enough to surely finish off with taps.

Any risk of hitting <30% is remedied with a heal potion or legion heal.

The snare is useful for thinning out inc, closing distance to partially dead targets, harassing healers, and some stuff related to guards. If you're using the Painworking snare on single targets then this base snare is usually mandatory in setting up for it.
Tue 13 Apr 2021 5:35 AM by gotwqqd
easytoremember wrote:
Mon 12 Apr 2021 11:54 PM
For catching targets at full hp it's been pretty worthless following CLHP and 2nd pet range check. You cannot stop an enemy bent on running from escaping.

a) You snare a fleeing enemy and bring your pet to right on top of him to squeeze in the most spells you can cast. He lives and makes it out of 1500, fight over.
b) You snare a fleeing enemy and sick your pet on him. Your pet only stays in melee range if you do not command pet to cast spells. This means you're going to be dragged into enemies or a keep/tower, or both before the target dies/hp dips low enough to surely finish off with taps.

Any risk of hitting <30% is remedied with a heal potion or legion heal.

The snare is useful for thinning out inc, closing distance to partially dead targets, harassing healers, and some stuff related to guards. If you're using the Painworking snare on single targets then this base snare is usually mandatory in setting up for it.
So your issue is that enemies can run away and you can’t finish them off?
Maybe you should look at all the other classes that fit that context
Tue 13 Apr 2021 7:44 AM by Fisico
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 12 Apr 2021 10:13 PM
If you think that a 73 second (before reductions) 50% snare is a "useless spell" then you're not thinking in the right direction.
So please show me, because i see no point in a 50% snare compared to a out of immunity 60% snare from melee or a root from casters. i can only see that is worst then the others two options.
Tue 13 Apr 2021 10:28 AM by DJ2000
If a Melee and a Caster are around: Use the melee snare, don't use the caster root and don't use the Necro Baseline snare.
If no Melee, but a Caster is around: Use the caster root and don't use the Necro Baseline snare.
If no Melee and no Caster are around: Use the Necro Baseline snare.

Whats next: SM/Eld/Theu complaining that their Mezz is shorter than others?
Sun 25 Apr 2021 10:38 AM by Siouxsie
No. Necromancers need nerfs not buffs.
Sun 25 Apr 2021 10:46 AM by keen
Siouxsie wrote:
Sun 25 Apr 2021 10:38 AM
No. Necromancers need nerfs not buffs.
Who hasn't seen all those necros grps in 8v8 cause necros are such baller.
Sun 25 Apr 2021 8:28 PM by Ceen
Lets not forget about the aoe snare.
Make AoE snare have no immunity timer like eld snare aoe for some utility and single snare to root.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics