Re: Assassin need some kind of nerf

Noashakra wrote:
Sun 29 Nov 2020 5:25 PM
I kill rr11 with my rr5 warrior 1vs1.
And champion/thane have a hard time? We don't play the same game :p
Yep. Lost a close fight to Wutan on my 3L8 solo-specced zerker this morning after he landed PA.

I don't like namecalling.

Referring to Wutan high RR is very different from high RR and high skill because he does not reapply his dots.
For example, to kill Brainstorm / TheRabbin / Yukina / Noa easily is not going to happen consistently. (with one-off advantageous RNG maybe)

Anyway, I have laid down my arguments based on months of observations. If you wish to say "I did that one duel vs 15L and won on my 1L3 char so there is no issue" please knock yourself out.

Sat/Faturday.
Saturday - Reaver / Faturday - Thane

My observation is that a lot of players don't play good and/or have the wrong spec to solo.
Again, if a melee ranger can kill assassins, with no parry, no block, no direct stun, less WS, less HP, worst damage table, any tank should be able to do it.

Noashakra wrote:
Mon 30 Nov 2020 8:49 AM
My observation is that a lot of players don't play good and/or have the wrong spec to solo.
Again, if a melee ranger can kill assassins, with no parry, no block, no direct stun, less WS, less HP, worst damage table, any tank should be able to do it.

Sorry if it was confusing, but I was referring to assassin / ns / infi mainly. Not melee scout/ranger/hunt.
90% of the time, the 1st category kills the 2nd at equal skill/rr.

As a tank, I have 0 problem against the 2nd category.

Sat/Faturday.

what i often see here in the forums is thanes that spec 50/42/39/6 which is a bad spec for soloing..... try 34 or even 29 weapon and 20+ parry
i do not often run solo with my thane since visible soloing is a pain in the ass but when i do i regularly smash assassins.
here is how to do:

get d/q debuff hammer
use ASR style
spec moparry / moblock
win
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer ~42,8% solo kills
Eik solo Shadowblade Flammen Fru ~50% solo kills

keen wrote:
Mon 30 Nov 2020 4:40 PM
Noashakra wrote:
If you camp the CK for 15mins, sure call it fun.

Drunkstain killed me without ip and purge
Yarna has a 100% wingate against me since he is 6L

Noashakra wrote:
Mon 30 Nov 2020 8:52 PM
keen wrote:
Mon 30 Nov 2020 4:40 PM
Noashakra wrote:
If you camp the CK for 15mins, sure call it fun.

Drunkstain killed me without ip and purge
Yarna has a 100% wingate against me since he is 6L
You pull out these anomalies of enemies that kill you as some sort of proof.

It doesn’t mean the assassin classes are not overpowered in the whole.

Hedien wrote:
Mon 30 Nov 2020 2:08 AM
I don't like namecalling.

Referring to Wutan high RR is very different from high RR and high skill because he does not reapply his dots.
For example, to kill Brainstorm / TheRabbin / Yukina / Noa easily is not going to happen consistently. (with one-off advantageous RNG maybe)

Anyway, I have laid down my arguments based on months of observations. If you wish to say "I did that one duel vs 15L and won on my 1L3 char so there is no issue" please knock yourself out.

Sat/Faturday.

Well, I'm not very skilled on my zerker so we can call it even

inoeth wrote:
Mon 30 Nov 2020 5:20 PM
what i often see here in the forums is thanes that spec 50/42/39/6 which is a bad spec for soloing..... try 34 or even 29 weapon and 20+ parry
i do not often run solo with my thane since visible soloing is a pain in the ass but when i do i regularly smash assassins.
here is how to do:

get d/q debuff hammer
use ASR style
spec moparry / moblock
win

get d/q debuff hammer - Check.
use ASR style - Check.
spec moparry / moblock - Check.
win - Not without active, so not check.

Spec wise :
Looking at the charplan, you want hammer to conquer back style for st optimization. (I don't want exploit side snare human tornado gameplay)
Dropping below 39 means losing the lambast really good after parry style, to be replaced by a follow-up chain starting with a 2sec stun chain messing up stun timers, because you want to use numb/slam and in-between block/parry reactives. Increasing your parry without parry reactive is pointless to me.
You would also increase fight duration, meaning more poison ticks without avoidance. Lower weapon spec meaning less ws and more avoidance/reactive on enemy side.
I don't see this as an obvious win to be honest.

Sat/Faturday