Gemcrafting Idea

Started 6 Jul 2020
by Sagz
in Suggestions
So with the change to gem crafting it has been terribly hard to craft multiple gems for templates.

Before if I had 5 low utility cloaks, i could endlessly re salvage those cloaks until I get the ROG i need. Yes it cost money and feathers etc, no big deal. Not to mention addicting and fun to try to get an MP anything...even rough or flawed MP jewelry still was pretty good. Now in order to get 1, that's right 1, MP or 99 quality polished or imperfect piece of jewelry, you would need probably 200 pieces of jewelry if not more. Seeing as each salvaged cloak is 5-11 dust and you need 50 (imperfect) or 60 (polished) dust for 1 cloak after about 20 tries on the low end to get a 99 or MP (which is what it takes sometimes and it takes way more to get an MP)

200 pieces of jewelry at say 8 dust (avg) is 1600 dust. Do all polished that is 26 tries...... that's 200 pieces of jewelry.......... And I have noticed the MP and 99 qual, at least for me has been low on the RNG chance scale. I salvaged all the junk I had and I went though about 3000 dust and got 1 99 qual, all this while spending more feathers/gold.

Now the idea behind the change they made is cool, my only issue to change is let us salvage ALL jewelry. I noticed that in leveling in demons breach I received a TON of jewelry that i cannot salvage, even at 1 dust a piece it would be nice. So this way if you are leveling a character you can salvage everything you do not need and use it for when you hit 50 to help with the template.

My Idea

How about make all jewelry salvageable depending on level
LVL
1-19 = 1 dust
20-29 = 2 dust
30-39 = 3 dust
40-49 = 4 dust
50 and 51 = you get the 5-11 dust depending on quality

If I am missing something please let me know, but to farm 200 pieces of jewelry (mind you, you cannot farm until at least level 45 on the low side because you cant salvage that junk cause it isn't level 50+, unless your getting PLed) your chances of getting a better item in that 200 is better than trying to gem craft one.

Just my thoughts......

Tue 7 Jul 2020 7:15 AM by Centenario
I thought so too, but then you have the usual arbitrage farmers, the people who will just make a lvl 18 char, for aoe dot green packs of mobs with xp off...
They will farm huge dust per hour, with almost no competition.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics