Re: RvR (Task) Changes

After getting rolled by 8man in every Zone since the last changes i realized you killed all my playstyles now.
Trading, Crafting and Duo.
Thanks and GL.
No you cannot have my stuff.

NoExit wrote:
Sun 2 Jun 2019 11:54 PM
After getting rolled by 8man in every Zone since the last changes i realized you killed all my playstyles now.
Trading, Crafting and Duo.
Thanks and GL.
No you cannot have my stuff.

Did they change trading and crafting?
Not really sure why the task changes would put an 8man in every zone, but maybe I missed something there.

My experience over the past few days RvRing, typically in a group of 2-3 has been very good. Notably, action has been spread throughout the frontiers along many different, relatively predictable paths. While the keep task is active, my party has had good experiences either participating in fights around the keep itself, or patrolling routes we expect the other two realms to take. The ever changing status of ports from keeps encourages a changing landscape and some strategizing on how to tackle the beast of whatever unknown foes we might run in to.

During all of this, Emain has continued to be a hotbed of action that we avoid, but there is also consistently enemies to fight in typically fewer numbers at the milegates in Albion/Midgard. And, at least in Hibernia, there has also consistently been enemies in our border zones. Some of my best fights were fighting off waves of soloes, duos , and trios while trying to PvE /farm in frontiers.

Overall, I commented several times to my comrades how healthy the RvR environment felt this weekend. Despite a low overall server pop during NA primetime, there were far more enemies to fight, and in manageable numbers, than I've observed over the past month. Now, I did speculate that we could be seeing a lot of people returning to the server to test the water after the changes, so we'll see if this level is maintained. But, if they are as satisfied as I have been with all of this, I'm optimistic that this will continue and this server will only improve by making these changes which can never meet everyone's expectations, but will hopefully try to continue to keep everyone's playstyles in mind.

I like the changes for the most part. I am still trying to figure out the mechanics for winning a keep task though. If nobody shows up to attack do the defenders automatically win? If I show up to defend a keep that does not get attacked do I still win? Is the next keep task randomly chosen? Friday night the tasks seemed to get stuck for most of the night between Bolg and Crim which was tons of fun but really seemed like a loop. Then it seems like on Sunday the loop was in Alb frontier. How do we push tasks along and get them out of these loops?

Monkies/Dogbyte

I've found solo visi fighting to be far less easy to find, because instead of sticking to the task zone like previously, groups that like to hunt solos and duos (or duos that seek solos, etc.) are now spread through all zones, instead of being mostly concentrated in one zone.

I don't have a solution in mind, but I would like to see some changes that make solo visi life a little more easy - to find the fights we want and to know how to avoid the ones we don't want (3v1, 4v1, 8v1, etc.).
Willoughby - Hero.
Wallaby - Retired NS.

tweedledumb99 wrote:
Mon 3 Jun 2019 11:36 PM
I've found solo visi fighting to be far less easy to find, because instead of sticking to the task zone like previously, groups that like to hunt solos and duos (or duos that seek solos, etc.) are now spread through all zones, instead of being mostly concentrated in one zone.

I don't have a solution in mind, but I would like to see some changes that make solo visi life a little more easy - to find the fights we want and to know how to avoid the ones we don't want (3v1, 4v1, 8v1, etc.).

Simple solution: Group up and duo?

tweedledumb99 wrote:

One day people will realize this game isn't designed to cater to your solo play style......

If you want to solo its going to be a rough road deal with it.

The task changes just made it so you don't have to stand around 15 minutes between fights.

tweedledumb99 wrote:

I was on the winning end of a 16 on 1 last night. It wasn't even close and we all assisted perfectly.
Seriously though,I think box speed would help solo visi's