Buff Changes Take #2

After the friendly feedback in the last thread we're going to do some changes to the announced changes.

Please keep in mind that this change effectively removes all long lasting stat buffs from charges and in order to do this while not taking a buff away entirely, spec AF has to be made available to the other realms. Before this everyone already has access to the 75 delve charge, therefore this is not suddenly giving another realm access to an albion only buff.

Anyways, the two major changes to the last post are:
1) we abandon the 3rd goal, not devaluing existing sc/dq charge items, and make them have the buff potion value thereby effectively removing them
2) all self buffs that aren't already at normal buff level are increased to that level, that means any spec self buff given at 50 spec will be 75 delve for example

The two main goals were and still are:
1) If you are grouped with a buffer you are buffed by the buffer and don't need to use any charges / potions except for maybe useless things like str on caster
2) If you are solo / small man without a buffer, you use the combined buff potion and are done

The entire change list:

To achieve the first goal:
1) Increase the available conc by 25%
2) Remove 20 buff cap
3) Small delve increase to the acuity buff
4) Add spec AF to bards and healer

To achieve the second goal:
1) 30% buff of buff potion delve. This means from 65 (base + spec from current buff potion) or 101 (buff potion base + spec charge) to 83 (33 base, 50 spec)
2) haste potion and combo potion use the same haste
3) add appropriate spec AF to combo buff potion

All self buffs that aren't already at buff level are increased to that level, that means any spec self buff given at 50 spec will be 75 delve for example, some already are at that level some are not.

Spec AF charges will be set to the same value as the combined forces potion, thereby effectively removing them.
Acuity charges will be set to the same value as the combined forces potion, thereby effectively removing them.
Dex/Quick charges will be set to the same value as the combined forces potion, thereby effectively removing them.
Strength/Con charges will be set to the same value as the combined forces potion, thereby effectively removing them.

The existing potions / charges will be automatically changed.

And to address some alternative suggestions:
1) Just increase the charge timer
This would alleviate the juggling problem but you still have the 2 - 3x charge timer preparation time until you are ready

2) Remove the charge timer
Would remove juggling, make everyone always have all charges up and be rather expensive

3) Reduce charge cost
Alone it doesn't address much, combined with 2 makes that more bearable but also makes it even more likely everyone uses those 2 to 3 items when starting a run.

2 and 3 together is effectively what this change does except in a nerfed variant (stat wise) and without having to use multiple items while keeping the charge cost for in combat use charges like mana or heal things.

Re: Buff Changes Take #2

gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 7 May 2019 10:58 AM
2) Remove the charge timer
Would remove juggling, make everyone always have all charges up and be rather expensive

This would also go back to the beta stage when grps stopped running shamans/nurt druids. Kudos for not falling for that.

not my favorite way to solve this, but i like it a lot more than #1
i could even see this going live.

btw. lots of crying inc about "i payed so many feathers for this and that". well this isn't a static server, it should be obvious for all now.
i still like a free respec (spec&RA) if this goes live as it changes quite some things.

gruenesschaf wrote:

Why bard and healer? Give it to the primary buffers druid and shaman.

And where is conc based haste buff for albion?

CarniX wrote:
Tue 7 May 2019 11:16 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Why bard and healer? Give it to the primary buffers druid and shaman.

And where is conc based haste buff for albion?

I'm assume because shamans and druids have enough to buff and healers/bards have conc left over
Gildar wrote:
Thu 19 Mar 2020 9:17 AM
[
So take care of most of your ppl on (great part of them never write in forum) ... and not to gankers, that are a little (and louder) part of your players.

I understand buff charges are not meant to be as strong as a primary buffer - but could the stats be increased a little bit (from 30% to say 35 or 40%)?

Potion buffed players get stomped really hard by player buffed players. IMO the changes highlight a need for Alb to have a more viable 2nd buffer, and for Smite to be a better line. Enhance has heal proc as an advantage, but Smite being weak compared to the closest class equivalent (Druid) is a huge disadvantage.

Sorry...but why?

Melee-Dmg for Soloplayers gets crippled twice -> every player now runs with a free AF-Spec Buff (no, not everyone was running AF-Spec!) and the Soloplayer does less Dmg against them (due to lower stats because of missing 75 delve items). Longer fights -> more adds...not to mention that if I want to join a Zerg/Groupfight I do less Dmg as well.

You just take out such a strategic and interesting feature with this change that I really don't know if I will enjoy this server as much as I did before. You just make it more simple and fill the cap between the player who wants to get everything out of his char (and invested time, gold and feathers for that) and the casual player (same goes for the haste pot btw). I consider myself to be somewhere in between since I'm not using 3 Charges, but 2 Charges most of the time.

Now I should just /use my Pot who gives me everything (but less of it) and /use one item infight...boring.

It was never the case that a player who only run the combined buff pot was totally gimp and couldn't kill anything. But there was always the small but noticeable cap between charges and combined buffs and if you wanted them you had to invest into them (strategic- and gold-wise).

I like the regular Buff Changes for Groups (although I do not really get your argument -> everybody uses AF-Charge in Group so lets just give it to Bard/Healer for free) but your second "goal" regarding Charges is just a totally unnecessary change. Furthermore you take out a crucial part of spending ingame gold (no, more gold for everybody is not always better...see Hibernia).

I know it's not a democracy and I really appreciate your work for this server (it's like a second youth for me regarding PC-Games) but a poll would probably just be the right way to do it in this case (for both Goals separately).
Tamy // Yarna

gruenesschaf wrote:
All self buffs that aren't already at buff level are increased to that level, that means any spec self buff given at 50 spec will be 75 delve for example, some already are at that level some are not.

need clarification on this point (meaning which buff for example goes on 75 delve that are currently not)
i can see only champion getting it increased but i may be missing something here

edit : guess also it is for hunter/ranger but will then all spec levels selfbuffs based on a 75 delve on level 50 ? meaning a spec level 49 will be delve 73 if it wasnt before and so on ?
Seal - Uth2
Kaze - Phoenix

Tamy wrote:
Tue 7 May 2019 11:45 AM
Melee-Dmg for Soloplayers gets crippled twice -> every player now runs with a free AF-Spec Buff (no, not everyone was running AF-Spec!) and the Soloplayer does less Dmg against them (due to lower stats because of missing 75 delve items). Longer fights -> more adds...not to mention that if I want to join a Zerg/Groupfight I do less Dmg as well.

Spec AF was available on live at 1.65 so to try and stay true to that patch level they did it this way.. He already said they were not giving something that wasn't already available.. They want to remove stat charges because that is what a lot of players are requesting...

Also to give buffers a place over the stat pots they have to give every realms buffers spec AF so they feel compensated for their diminished class skills...

Server population would continue to decline and the ones left would all be running the spec AF charge anyways so you'd have to get used to it anyways...

How about you take into consideration that these people actually took the time to listen to the population of their server which has actually made this change a lot better than it was going to be...