Re: Style Overhaul Attempt 2

Centenario wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 10:10 AM
Please study warden case, where you can go 48-49 buff and 40-42 heal and still get a side snare of 15 seconds with 10 in blade.
The Friar can go 48 buff 41 heal and 18 staff to get the 19sec snare. But why would the friar be in 1500 range, when he cannot cast offensive/control spell and he has no bubble.

A friar would go into melee because they get evade 5 which is greater mitigation to purple bubble. In this case warden/friar would be equally warranted to be in melee range.

DJ2000 wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 11:08 AM
Centenario wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 10:20 AM
Please advise when you will get rid of baseline stun for hib casters, it has implication in the balance of styles.
Example, its normal than BM/arms/champ are more trouble with physical stun or lower growth rate if magic stun is available on 4/8 group members and castable on the assist.

I just went to google search and typed in "hib caster stun".

I clicked on the 4th entry: https://www.ignboards.com/threads/hibernia-baseline-stun-end-the-insanity.452392731/

From 2002. Different time, different patch, same complaint. There are others from roughly the same time, but i just randomly clicked this one for no particular reason.

In all honesty. No need to get personal or anything.
What makes you think, that a "fruitless complaint" since 2002, would be considered 2021?

If the PM function wouldn't be broken I would have sent this as a PM, but no can do.
Here is my advice to you, with no ill intentions:
Take a break.
dunno you people seem to love taking fruitless complaints of yesteryear and making them ripe with nothing more than "it's currentyear this change is long past due" and wahlah

Bradekes wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 12:44 PM
Centenario wrote:
Please study warden case, where you can go 48-49 buff and 40-42 heal and still get a side snare of 15 seconds with 10 in blade.
The Friar can go 48 buff 41 heal and 18 staff to get the 19sec snare. But why would the friar be in 1500 range, when he cannot cast offensive/control spell and he has no bubble.

A friar would go into melee because they get evade 5 which is greater mitigation to purple bubble. In this case warden/friar would be equally warranted to be in melee range.

We are talking about a main healer role. Your job is to cast spells. The snare is only if you or your teamates didnt manage to replace correctly.
I would accept my warden to be closer to tanks than a friar, cause at least a warden is running bubble (1250 range).
I wouldnt accept my friar to be close to tanks, he should be between 2k and 1500 maximum, closer to 2krange, while sorc/cabalist should be 1500-2k closer to 1500 range, cause the friar is casting heals at 2k range.
1% contribute 90%

easytoremember wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 1:48 PM
dunno you people seem to love taking fruitless complaints of yesteryear and making them ripe with nothing more than "it's currentyear this change is long past due" and wahlah
? ? ?

Centenario wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 1:53 PM
Bradekes wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 12:44 PM
Centenario wrote:

We are talking about a main healer role. Your job is to cast spells. The snare is only if you or your teamates didnt manage to replace correctly.
I would accept my warden to be closer to tanks than a friar, cause at least a warden is running bubble (1250 range).
I wouldnt accept my friar to be close to tanks, he should be between 2k and 1500 maximum, closer to 2krange, while sorc/cabalist should be 1500-2k closer to 1500 range, cause the friar is casting heals at 2k range.
I’d expect a warden to be closer to a “tank” than a friar, but I expect a friar to be in close combat more than the warden.

Astaa wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 6:49 PM
The world warden literally means guard. A warden should have defensive abilities, such as shield spec.

I wouldn't mind if wardens got shield spec, provided friars got their melee capabilities they had at release back. The devolution of the friar into nothing more than a 2nd rate healing class is sad.

Return to “Planned Changes”