Re: New PvE Content and changes to existing instanced PvE Content

wrote: I would argue a dps decrease for the outlier that lengthens the encounter for the cheese setups to still be within 1 mana bar is better than forcing every setup to somehow reg 2 or 3 mana bars in a fight.

Erm ... Maschunga example: right now it is a 1 Manabar encounter - with a roughly 52% dps reduction for a pbaoe grp it would become a 2 Manabar encounter.

Maschunga is tho for a non 75% pp on everyone group already now a 1.5 or 2 Manabar encounter, so it would become literally impossible to group more than even just 1 new player without a massive disadvantage for the entire group.

Wipes should not be forced by overgrind, but by not doing the mechanics right - if you make a 2 minute encounter a 4 minute encounter, the chance the mechanics are understood and played right, but a slight slip of someone leads to a wipe gets doubled + long grindy encounters are super boring to actually annoying - if anything encounters should be shortened but with a way to ensure the mechanic is followed instead of bypassed.

Mother of Ice: Same story, its a 1+x Manabar encounter right now. If the encounter gets prolonged by just 25% that is 25% power not even a 75% powerpool player will have. The impact this has on someone starting with just a handfull of runs will be dramatic - making this a 3 Manabar encounter.
Imagine the frustration of playing this encounter right for 2 and a half Manabars and then get blown up, because the aoemezzer was interrupted in a unlucky moment or was too close to the Mother for just one second.

Zregoo will be literally unkillable for a full noob group.

Ogoga will be a complete torture as soon as you group a single new person.
----------------

I actually like that you want to make people follow the intended Zorsch/Rorsch mechanics.
I hope what you intend to do is not Zorsch+Rorsch HP for killing Zorsch.

How about simply making Zorsch Immune to damage by everyone his mark is applied to? Decrease the overall HP so the fastest groups have to switch the bosses once and once back and the average group has to switch the bosses twice and back. So the fast fight ends after 3-4 marks and the average fight after 5-7.
I think no group should be forced to switch more than twice, else it becomes grindy and annoying and the setback if things go wrong late into the encounter is too big.
-------------------

If you want to shut down HoH completely for Mid and make it an elitist only thing for Hib and Alb you are on the right way.

DS will see a less extreme impact than HoH but the direction will be the same.

I can only strongly urge you to not go forward with this. Think about other ways to enforce mechanics, like i suggested it for Zorsch/Rorsch.
Xpovoc, Jukaron, Nephamael, Mauril, Lareya, Aideen, Njoro

I think it would be great to let str/c and basecon debuff and resist debuffs stack for the full ammount. (raising the cap dmg)

This would open up new spec and class combinations to be viable.

With the short debuff duration of just 8s now it would not be completely op to let it have the full effect.

--------------------------------

Why give not just a feather/rog bonus per unique class grouped, but also a 25% dps bonus to every class that is unique in the group.
Xpovoc, Jukaron, Nephamael, Mauril, Lareya, Aideen, Njoro

1. DS and HoH is not for noobs
Its for endgame high rr and templated chars

2. The state of the art, player dont go galla dragon, SH because they can make more feathers in ds, need to get ended. So im fine with the planned changes.

3. I like competition in gaming, sport and work, so its perfectly for me!

4. Staff need to be carefull not make players quit with too much changes. Phoenix is hot topic, do not kill the bird we all love.

Thy
Erzählen kann ich viel, zu sagen hab ich nix

gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 13 Feb 2021 1:09 AM
This is fine in a game that went through number tuning already and we're talking about +-15% damage between the dps classes, especially the class based feather bonus is something we've talked about internally. The problem is, we're right now pretty much in the wow classic + world buffs + warrior stacking state.

I never played WoW, so i can't really relate to what you are trying to describe.
But what i do seem to understand is, when reading your first sentence, that these changes are basically just "Part1" of several adjusting steps. If so, then make it more clear that this is not just a gun-and-done change.
When there is a bigger picture behind it to even things out in the end, then its a little bit easier to approach this with an eased mind.

If it isn't broke, do not fix it is the old saying.

What this is going to lead to is people charging more for feathers, been a few already asking for double of the normal feather price already this morning.

Where as 4-5 plat, on whatever of the 3 realms, seems fair and easily farmable if your casual, no matter what class. Because if you are a casual, you probabaly do not want to do DS runs, you probabaly are going to want to spend majority of your time doing rvr, not grinding out DS.

So, those casuals are going to want to farm more cash to pay for feathers, which means less people in rvr zones, which means less numbers in BG's,r less fodder for the task zones.

I just can't understand why the devs want to change stuff that isnt broken and basically break the economy which has pretty much been the same since launch(ie 20k feathers for 4 plat).

Especially as they want to run the xp event every 3 weeks, meaning more people wanting feathers, especially all the potential new people who choose to stay after the event.

Its a daft idea, but then again, a lot over the past few months have just been head scratching.

Wakefield wrote:
Sat 13 Feb 2021 12:43 PM
I just can't understand why the devs want to change stuff that isnt broken and basically break the economy which has pretty much been the same since launch(ie 20k feathers for 4 plat).

Simply because someone figured out a way how to do it in like 10min by pulling everything and nuking it down... and we cant have that here!

Running a few Hoh and DS my current feedback is that the world of casters is probably adequate where it is.

What I could see as an improvement for more variety in the different setups without giving us the easymode back is allow the damage reduce from bosses to be calculated to shield OR parry, whichever is higher. This would allow for example a Berserker to be included in HoH as the second tank. Or a Skald even, making mid able to catch up to hib/alb completion times on HoH.

- Haemo

Update on the new instance:

The latest test of the new mobs was great and those who witnessed it surely had some fun too (if you find joy in players dieing).

The mobs we tested only need some minor tweaks and then should be ready to challenge players. Currently we are working on two more new bosses which will have another new mechanic. This will probably take 1-2 days which means we will not be able to release the instance before the Playing Field event. The plan for now is that it will be released very shortly after the event has ended.

There will be more infos coming as soon as we are sure about the exact ETA. But as I already told yesterday during the test, I will also let you know here: Each of the new bosses will have a 1% chance to drop a vanity pet version of themselfes. Those vanity pets will only be obtainable via killing the bosses and not via gambling.

Stay tuned for more infos.
Building your world since 2017