Re: Balance Changes #4

lampstandTDP wrote:
Sun 14 Feb 2021 12:35 PM
L35 (gray) - 1%
L36 (green) - 9%
L39 (green) - 15%
L43 (blue) - 33%
L46 (blue) - 38%
maybe not 100% accurate, as i dont find my notes, but with 10+17/18 Light (24 Mana, 47 Mentalism)

L41 (blue) - 17% (never broke speed in 2h)
L44 (blue) - 29% (did break Speed once in 1h)
L50 (yell) - 62% (uncontrollable)
L52 (oj) - 77% (yikes)

My ment is currently 17 Light / 24 Mana / 45 Mentalism. Would have to test on the same NPCs again to check for differences/variations.

I tested it in between, a Mana/Menta Mentalist with single-digit Light could not hold the lowest NF curmudgeons (humanoids).

The introduction of the low levels pets (nicely fitting humanoid and animal types) coupled with the 2nd change to the formula suggest that they want every of those FOTM Mentalists to have a way to CC purge themselves. They are easy to pick up at either Emain or EV, cost no power worth speaking and would die easily if used for interrupts. They also don´t hurt when they remove mezz or root like a barguest or frost stallion would do.

DJ2000 wrote:
Sun 14 Feb 2021 7:50 PM
lampstandTDP wrote:
Sun 14 Feb 2021 12:35 PM
L35 (gray) - 1%
L36 (green) - 9%
L39 (green) - 15%
L43 (blue) - 33%
L46 (blue) - 38%
maybe not 100% accurate, as i dont find my notes, but with 10+17/18 Light (24 Mana, 47 Mentalism)

L41 (blue) - 17% (never broke speed in 2h)
L44 (blue) - 29% (did break Speed once in 1h)
L50 (yell) - 62% (uncontrollable)
L52 (oj) - 77% (yikes)

My ment is currently 17 Light / 24 Mana / 45 Mentalism. Would have to test on the same NPCs again to check for differences/variations.

The numbers are good, I probably could have made the test spec used clearer :]
Cheers for the numbers from Menta-Menta spec i.e. with a bit more in light [(10+17) vs (4+16)].

lampstandTDP wrote:
daytonchambers wrote:
Sun 14 Feb 2021 5:24 AM
At RR6 (4L/46M/28M) I start to see resists rates of pulses ramping up above L35 mobs

0.66.(46) + 0.33.(4+16) = 35

Tyrlaan wrote: I tested it in between, a Mana/Menta Mentalist with single-digit Light could not hold the lowest NF curmudgeons (humanoids).

The introduction of the low levels pets (nicely fitting humanoid and animal types) coupled with the 2nd change to the formula suggest that they want every of those FOTM Mentalists to have a way to CC purge themselves. They are easy to pick up at either Emain or EV, cost no power worth speaking and would die easily if used for interrupts. They also don´t hurt when they remove mezz or root like a barguest or frost stallion would do.

100%, I probably did not make my point point clearly before, I'll try again...

I was musing the fact that really low level pets just die to fast and charming higher level ones that might survive a few stray hits are too much of a liability with all the chram drops. If the class is going to be balanced around having one a pet to function in this way, then being able to charm ones which are a bit higher (blue cons) that won't fall over when someone sneezes on them, would be very welcome: i.e. reverting back to the simple 2/3 x level + 1/3 x composite Light formula; balance permitting once the changes have been tried a while.

... that was what the logic in my head.

AFAIK, and what i figured out with my testing, there are basically "soft"-breakpoints for the Pet charm.
The moment i find my actual notes i can write down the resist rates per NPC level, but this is all i have rn.

At certain Modified Light Spec. Values, the resist rates will be always the same within the "bracket" regardless of the Lvl-NPC
11 - 18 mod. Light spec
19 - 22 mod. Light spec
23 - 27 mod. Light spec.
28 - 31 mod. Light spec.
32+ mod. Light spec.
(i simply can't go below 11 due to RR)
(i did not go above 32 mod. Light spec, as this is supposed to be for low light spec Mentalists, because high light spec are above 50 anyway, so they dont care.)

example 1: LVL49 (yellow)
from 11 till 18 the resist rate is always 72%
from 19 till 22 the resist rate is always 63%
from 23 till 27 the resist rate is always 55%
from 28 till 31 the resist rate is always 48%
at 32 the resist rate is always 42%

example 2: LVL45 (blue)
from 11 till 18 the resist rate is always 44%
from 19 till 22 the resist rate is always 38%
from 23 till 27 the resist rate is always 33%
from 28 till 31 the resist rate is always 28%
at 32 the resist rate is always 24%

example 3: LVL39 (green)
from 11 till 18 the resist rate is always 18%
from 19 till 22 the resist rate is always 15%
from 23 till 27 the resist rate is always 12%
from 28 till 31 the resist rate is always 9%
at 32 the resist rate is always 7%

i: Pets with resist rates above 25% are not recommended.

Trying balance a game for 8v8 when the game was made for realm vs realm and pve does not work.
It's just that players decide to change adapt the game to 8v8 4v4 2v2 1v1 to what ever they want.

But what ever changes you make your upset one group or brake one type of play.

I would try and please the majority of players and improve what the game was made for realm vs realm

But seems small amount players scream and bang there legs if they don't get what they want.

I don't give my 1 year old baby what he wants when he does that or should you.

I would rather see keep walls added that can be destroyed to spice up the realm war.

But its the devs server they can do what they want and I feel sorry for them trying please so many groups players who try play game in different ways styles to what game was originally designed.

Noashakra wrote:
Sun 31 Jan 2021 10:22 PM
So mentalist is limited to lvl 50 pets now? I would be fine with that if ministrel had the same.

So Minstrel is limited to 80 DPS now? I would be fine with that if mentalist had the same.

Morloth wrote:
Sun 31 Jan 2021 11:30 PM
Minstrels are a chain wearing stealther that can climb walls, insta-stun, cast mez on the run, insta-charm and recharm red pets that can be used as a second purge, and SoS away when things go south. Certainly you can see why some people want a minstrel nerf and not a skald nerf?

I actually think not allowing a minstrel a red pet fixes the class. And if it really wasn't a big deal you wouldn't care so much about it.

lol. Laundry lists aren't arguments.

ulf wrote:
Sat 13 Mar 2021 4:51 PM
remove triple debuff resist

Nah they should add triple resist buffs too. And put the red tier triple resist buff at level 43 (the level where Shamans and Druids get the red heat resist buff) so that 1.0x classes can actually get them with a 44/30 spec (there has never been a point to the higher spells except for buffbots or people who would AE shear for RPs on live). That would finally allow Alb and Mid to run with red Body/Spirit/Energy too, much needed with them being the primary damage type in all 3 realms now (Alb Body, Hib Energy/Body, Mid Spirit/Energy) and also almost all CC off these (debuffed) resists. (One could also question if it´s good design to see elemental damage types, debuffs and buffs take such a backseat).

Oh and make all resist debuffs delve for the same value again. It makes no sense to grant Hib an extra advantage where they absolutely need none.