Re: 2021 Balance Changes #3

byron wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 5:16 PM
I think that trying to balance the mages will be quite hard, there will be always happy and whining people on every change. Imho the caster setup is too strong vs tank setup but it is not only for one aspect but for a lot of many little things (debuff for high damage, perma sprint for kiting thanks to the potions, a lot of mana thanks to potions, items and RAs, one peeler that can chainsnare the enemies, a lot of pets for interrupts, etc..) but balance all this aspects will be hard if not impossible.
Devs entered in this tunnel so I want to wish them good luck
Maybe casting endo cost should get a significant bump

opossum12 wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 2:05 PM
You can deal with a theurgist by playing well. You can shut him down and kill his pets quick. If you look at the theurgist alone, ok he's manageable.

The issue is when you misplay a little bit and let a theurgist free, you are completely overwhelmed in a matter of seconds and it's a huge uphill battle following that. Alb never really has these uphill battles to fight through. You see an animist putting out tanglers? Just pull out of range. You see a BD, just drop the commander in 3 nukes. You get overwhelmed by tanks on inc? Sorry but you need to pan and/or run 2 peelers.

The next alb change should 100% be aimed at the theurg.

1. Pet cast time is a fixed 3 sec cast time (animist, hib's pet spam class, has a 5 sec fixed cast time, seems a reasonable nerf)
2. Pet cast range is 1750, from 2000 (need to bring the theurg in somewhat of a danger zone to csdt his pets, even more since the bard amnesia range nerf)

It's all Alb grouos now, and fighting theurg alb groups as a hib caster is just tiresome, not even fun.

This says it very well. It's not fun to be a in a fight where if one class is free to cast for 10 sec it overwhelms the entire fight. AE CC can be purged, you can pull back if getting nuked. Pet spam on all your support at same time is not a fun fight.

Rather than shuffle values of debuffs around it would be great to see the, for a lack of a better word, braindead-ness of caster trains tackled rather than their performance when played well. If caster trains could get punished for picking a poor target, similar to tank trains getting punished for mistakingly collapsing on a luri hero, the overall frustration towards debuff trains would be a lot less, but re-nerfing AoM seems to go in the exact opposite direction.

Johny Rousquille wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 5:48 PM
Why is the range of endurance regen on Midgard not the same as on the other royomes? If we have 1500 range for cele why we dont have 1500 for Endo buff ?! it doesn't make sense ...

Shaman endurance buff works in 1500 range.
1000 range is when you try to "buff" the person and once you get the buff, it operates within 1500 range.
It is still less compared to 2000 range of bard/paladin though.

Cymosxl wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 9:59 AM
Where is the second Ns caster in Midgard?

Same place the classes capable of quad hits can be found in Alb and Hib, or the classes that have a 100% offhand swing rate can be found in Alb and Mid.

Despite what you say, you dont really want all realms to be a mirror match.
Tani - NS- RR11 - 62% Solokills
Bellelle- RR8 Infil- 75% Solokills
Tanii- RR4 Shadowblade- Forged in the Proving Grounds. Work in progress

WELCOME BACK - 2 Day's of Infil fights - NEW NOV 2020

AGAINST ALL ODDS - Nightshade/Infil Montage

BLADE - Tani - Nightshade/Infil Montage

Tani - REAPER

2 Versus Tani

Loki/Undacover - Special Edition Videos

Theres a difference between classes that were designed a certain way and ones that have gotten extra stuff because the devs of a server deemed so.
Gildar wrote:
Thu 19 Mar 2020 9:17 AM
[
So take care of most of your ppl on (great part of them never write in forum) ... and not to gankers, that are a little (and louder) part of your players.

Johny Rousquille wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 5:48 PM
Why is the range of endurance regen on Midgard not the same as on the other royomes? If we have 1500 range for cele why we dont have 1500 for Endo buff ?! it doesn't make sense ...
Did you read this?
gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 1:17 PM
Some explanation:
Celerity range has been increased as the 1k range is in conflict with the expected positioning of the aug healer making it rarely usable in even fights.
If you tell me that the positioning of a Paladin is comparable to the positioning of an AUG Healer your argument might be right, but I doubt that.

gruenesschaf&Nunki wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 1:17 PM
Some explanation:
Celerity range has been increased as the 1k range is in conflict with the expected positioning of the aug healer making it rarely usable in even fights.

If you tell me that the positioning of a Paladin is comparable to the positioning of an AUG Healer your argument might be right, but I doubt that.
Paladin is endo regen and it has to reach back line.
Aug Healer is Celerity and it has to reach front line.

=> aug healer Celerity range should be the same as paladin endo range.

The paladin is more prone to overextend than the aug healer, since overextending means from the back line.
Which I think explains the difference of 500units range.
Never (except when you care) explain, never complain, never pander.