Changes December 2020

ETA next couple days.

General:
- Delve of all resist debuffs reduced by 20% (50 -> 40, 30 -> 24, 15 -> 12)
- Lifedrain spells no longer gain 10% of their lifedrain return % as extra damage
- Spiritmaster darkness lifedrain spec nuke had its delve raised to end at 200, this is to offset the extra damage removal
- Cabalist body lifedrain spec nuke had its delve raised to end at 200, this is a buff and to offset the extra damage removal
- Bonedancer suppression instant lifedrain spec nuke had its delve raised to end at 136, this is to offset the extra damage removal
- The concept of dual effect spells for resist purposes and their associated extra resist chance has been removed

Class Changes:
- Shaman gets access to nearsight heal at 20 and 40 mending
- Bard receives a single target root
- Delve of Thane energy resist debuff has been about doubled (after the 20% nerf): 6 -> 10, 12 -> 20, 18 -> 30, 24 -> 40

Realm Abilities:
- Divine Intervention had its values restored to its original value (from 750, 1125, 1500, 1875, 2250 to 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000)
- Vehement Renewal had its values restored to its original value (from 375, 650, 950, 1300, 1700 to 500, 875, 1250, 1750, 2250)

Effects of the 20% debuff delve reduction:
Example against 26% item resists and 24% resist buff with previously 50 delve resist debuff:
Before / now:
50 * 1.25 = 62.5 = 62
62 - 24 = 38
38 / 2 = 19
26 - 19 = 7
Enemy has 7% resist after the debuff

After:
40 * 1.25 = 50
50 - 24 = 26
26 / 2 = 13
26 - 13 = 13
Enemy has 13% resist after the debuff

Example against 26% item resists and no resist buff with previously 50 delve resist debuff:
Before / now:
50 * 1.25 = 62.5 = 62
62 / 2 = 31
26 - 31 = -5
Enemy has -5% resist after the debuff

After:
40 * 1.25 = 50
50 / 2 = 25
26 - 25 = 1
Enemy has 1% resist after the debuff

Effects on the alb body train:
Affected by the 20% debuff reduction like all caster groups plus the removal of lifedrain extra damage (6% for the baseline nuke), however, the latter is largely offset by the removal of the 2.5% extra resist chance (lifedrain counts as dual effect spell).

Re: Changes December 2020

I'm getting tired of having to write how awful your planned changes are. Who are you consulting on these? Is it just internal GM discussion? Do you guys ever bring in people who actually play these classes regularly in competitive environments or are you just like f**k it what will make the enormous pilzpower vs polemo fights more interesting?

We didnt expect everyone to be happy with that changes and everyone is allowed to say "yeah" or "boo" in here. Not a problem at all. But if you cant word your critique in reasonable words, your post will be deleted. Easy as that.
Building your world since 2017

Hector wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 1:28 PM
I'm getting tired of having to write how awful your planned changes are. Who are you consulting on these? Is it just internal GM discussion? Do you guys ever bring in people who actually play these classes regularly in competitive environments or are you just like f**k it what will make the enormous pilzpower vs polemo fights more interesting?

Sorry Mister Hector,

the community didn't wait for your validation to make these changes...how could you pretend to be 'the voice" of the players ?

I'm not playing with Polemo/pilzpower and i'm okay with these change.

Stop complaning without any argument you just a part of these ppl blaming other and doing nothing...

Kurdy wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 1:49 PM
Hector wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 1:28 PM

Sorry Mister Hector,

the community didn't wait for your validation to make these changes...how could you pretend to be 'the voice" of the players ?

I'm not playing with Polemo/pilzpower and i'm okay with these change.

Stop complaning without any argument you just a part of these ppl blaming other and doing nothing...

Argument:
-Tanks with 3000 hp do not need to take LESS damage
-There is already changes on Phoenix designed to decrease burst from casters: cast lock, tank hp buff, AOM/2* resist changes, now plans for resist nerf and more healing RA powers
-Caster damage can be stopped by interrupting them, tank dps can never be stopped by rupts
-The idea that hib caster groups are underplayed and need some help so you propose giving bard root but at the same time nerfing their debuff is LOL

Should I keep going

Leet wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 1:55 PM
Good Changes. Alb Castergroups got ridiculous lately.

there were nothing but nervs to caster/alb/alb caster lately ... but alb caster groups got ridiculous lately? kinda doesnt add up
or is it because theres nothing else but alb caster thats viable for alb since the last mins nerv so every single alb grp you engange is running a caster setup?

General idea is to nerf alb body trains, which makes sense. Not normal that groups run 5 casters and still do very well. Will definitely spark the need for more hybrids comp.

With the nerf to alb body train, it would be interesting to look at the alb tanker. Redoing some of the styles of the merc (giving them a back snare chain) and potentially adding a DD proc to the paladin lvl 50 2H backchain follow-up could make it interesting to play.

Giving bard root makes that class even stronger, not sure it was required. Hib is already the king of smallman because of the bard. Nerfing lifetaps will affect alb smallman. I was already going to smallman on hib because of the low pop/bonuses, so that's great

Sham cure NS is good, as they'll probably only have access to the 6 sec one, so keeps it balanced.

It would be interesting on seeing how you plan to make hib caster groups more interesting to play. Energy baseline nuke in mana and giving mentalism a 209 delve energy spec nuke would be great, could make a nice energy/body 3 caster train with the animist. A short range NS (2k instead of 2300) in the mentalist mana line would also be good.

But to Hector's point, hib tanker just got a pretty good buff with these changes.

Personally I would have nerfed the lifetaps, not the debuffs.

hyshash wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 2:01 PM
Leet wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 1:55 PM
Good Changes. Alb Castergroups got ridiculous lately.

there were nothing but nervs to caster/alb/alb caster lately ... but alb caster groups got ridiculous lately? kinda doesnt add up
or is it because theres nothing else but alb caster thats viable for alb since the last mins nerv so every single alb grp you engange is running a caster setup?

True, there were a lot of changes regarding castergrps lately. Maybe my wording was a bit wrong: Let's phrase it like that: "Good changes. Alb Castergroups are ridiculous"
But still, every albgroup runs the Bodytrain. I don't think it's because there are no other viable options, I thinks it's because it is still the easiest setup around.