Re: Style Changes

labra wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 2:19 PM
Strikejk wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 2:04 PM
labra wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:30 AM
Reaver
best dps style have been tuned down but isn't dead.

Yes, yes it is. There is a reason in the german daoc wiki there is an EXTRA note on specs for the reaver, that with 1.91 people do not go 50 flex anymore cause levi sucks way to hard to justify those points. The style literally died.

Furthermore the lifetap got almost twice as powerful (and reaver has 2 of them), which is completely neglected here. Those lifetaps are there to counterbalance the massive damage reduction done by the levi nerf. Imagine ANY OTHER style being nerfed by over 30% in damage, how on earth can you call that "fine"?

If they nerf levi, ok, give me what the reaver got instead. Give me the more powerful lifetaps, give me RR5, give me the ML8 abilities. Give me Overcaps and ToA bonus for a way easier time achieving cap swing speed and increased levi damage. Give me celerity combo with Paladin. Where are those?
Reaver get a nerf from the future that was based on abilities we don't have on this server.

A class should not rely on a single style .
Leviathan still remain quite powerfull. Less than before, I agree but this style revamp brings back the level 44 wich is better

Please tell me how a 2 style side chain is ‘better’? Levi is still going to be the best way to pump out dps once a target is stunned or they present their back to you. Just face it, reducing the delve to 113 from 153 is a big big nerf for dps.

Reavers became over the top on live due to being able to template magic dmg/resist pierce, being able to debuff levi damage with legendary weapons and having access to one of the most powerful ML lines. None of this is available in Phoenix so the change is completely unwarranted. You can’t implement current ‘live’ styles without looking at the bigger picture as to why they were altered in the first place.

Re: Style Changes

great changes. for albs especially

maybe make reaver leviathan back combo and friar evade little less proc dmg(that evade dmg is crazy )

Overall slightly alb advance on dmg and styles in combnation with the ras.

classes with dd proc:
friar(op evade dmg/static)/pala(static/anger of god/wrath champion)/reaver(easymode backspam/twf)
vw(ichor/bedazzling)/champ(static/wrath of champ)
thane (static/wrath of champ)

i feel like daoc was made to favor albs ))

and if gms decide to bring rr5...i will lvl easymode sorc and play 4sorc/1cab setup ))...why make life hard

Re: Style Changes

ision wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 1:04 PM
@gruenesschaf

this damage reflect/reduce/Crit buff style: how does it react to spells/ ae spells (pbae+gtaoe)/ dots? does the reflected damage interrupt the casters?
some writing melee reflect but neither in your entry post nor the char planner is mentioned if its melee only

ty in advance
its melee reflect

Re: Style Changes

Bradekes wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 2:25 PM
I'm thinking they went with this idea because coming up with and manually adjusting 1300 potential styles was too much for them...

Maybe y'all need to calm down and give them a break

please dont give us give them a break... we voted on things that we thought were one thing but instead something completely different which breaks the final straw for this server being anything like classic tbh. and bringing in new styles for hybrids without the hybrid spell lines being changend also just craps on the hybrids.

Re: Style Changes

kpax wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 3:11 PM
great changes.

But u still keep reaver too strong. Its way too op to have still that kind of style on backstyle without any follow up. first advance is that reaver has way better chance to spam it casue in reality ppll run away so their back free. Vw needs stand front or side and its a follow up, which means he only can do it in stun only. Thane has is as follow up back style.

solution = make leviathan for reaver a follow up backstyle and its balanced out imo.

Great change for thane, which is a great balancing idea imo. Makes him now more interesting for grp rvr.

Ofc there will be always flames casue noone like give up advance, but overall its a good decision.

a 30% dmg nerf is way to OP still lol? your mental.... i assume you have been killed by Kamikaze way to much lately lol

Re: Style Changes

DJ2000 wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 1:52 PM
34 Blunt - 45 Nurture - 33 Regrowth for the OP "Heal Eff. Debuff" (which will be nerfed, 100% sure on this)

Nahh, thast debuff applies to the HEALER, so you have to get back line on them and its only on one and it costs 125 end to use so you may get 2 of them off and if the fight last a long time and extra 1-2 of them.

Re: Style Changes

Tubby wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 3:40 PM
Bradekes wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 2:25 PM
I'm thinking they went with this idea because coming up with and manually adjusting 1300 potential styles was too much for them...

Maybe y'all need to calm down and give them a break

please dont give us give them a break... we voted on things that we thought were one thing but instead something completely different which breaks the final straw for this server being anything like classic tbh. and bringing in new styles for hybrids without the hybrid spell lines being changend also just craps on the hybrids.

Just ignore those people.

If someone took down their pants, squatted over your dinner plate, and started pushing.. those would be the people saying "how do you know you won't like it? It isn't even out yet!"

Re: Style Changes

tommccartney wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:32 AM
Imagine Runemaster got the Underpowered vote.

Phoenix Team be like;
Hmmm we have options here.

1) Add a couple of spells to up its utility

2) MAKE IT A GOD DAMN WARLOCK !!!!!
Exactly , bring a god damn warlock already and Valkyrie to the game.

Re: Style Changes

Sepplord wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 2:02 PM
Amarath wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 12:30 PM
I doubt they try the warden thing (to any degree) ... maybe probably not. Reason being after skalds style in only caster groups have a fair chance. 25% crit and 25% melee damage reflect makes mids the only viable melee realm.
One thing to keep in mind is that those proccs have a 5second duration, while being applied by the third style in a chain.
Hitting a 3-chain is unlikely on phoenix due to the way streakprotection and RNG is coded. When the style overhaul was mentioned the plan was to reduce all stylechains from 4or3 chains to have maximum 2-chains.
After thinking more about this, i don't think these new proccs (all of the ones that are 3chain) will be viable as they aren't reliably performable.
It is a change that goes against the initial goal completely
No its a 2 chain, Frost hammer (side) -> Grand finale (this skill).
Therefore, i guess you think these are an issue now as the reason for you thinking they were not was only because their were a 3 chain... do you stand by your argument or were you just rationalizing your OPness?