Re: Personal Mounts

Koros wrote:
Wed 20 May 2020 7:11 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 20 May 2020 8:49 AM
Koros wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 10:18 PM
I didn't join a classic server to have a handful of people want to change it to a mix of classic and other expansions, there are multiple freeshards and live where you can have this experience.

There'S quite a bit of irony in there, considering there was a pure classic server that died before Phoenix opened its gates.
You claim to talk for the majority but i believe you are suffering from an echochamber if you really believe that the majority wants a pure classic freeshard, yet they all didn't want to play Uthgard

Quote the whole post, but nice try. I said I play here for the CLASSIC FEEL. I never said I wanted a strict classic server. The only one in an echo chamber is you. You are trying to claim because YOU want horses you speak for the majority? Doubt it, considering almost every single person I play with does not want horses. But hey, I mean I was dropped off my boat 3-4 times today only to be warped into a full group of campers at the drop spot, which I wasn't even wanting to be at to begin with... the market search is horrible and archaic, housing is a mess, but at least we are going to get HORSES!!! WOOOOOOO!!!

Why not play a game that fits what you want instead of always joining a game and trying to force it to cater to change? Is server population a problem? Do you think horses is going to bring hundreds more people here? No. If anything it will lose people... so why exactly would we want time wasted on this? Oh right, because YOU and 25 other people on the forum want it? /laugh. The fact you had to selectively quote my post to try and make your point sound more valid says a lot about the lack of what you have to say.

/shrug I don't care. I'm old, ill find a different hobby.

The irony of that victimplaying and the accusations while i don't even care about horses myself *lol*
So much rage and emotions, but then trying to play it down as if you don't even care and will just switch the game...
Bye then

Lollie wrote:
Sun 24 May 2020 3:22 PM
phixion wrote:
Sat 23 May 2020 10:52 PM
So now everyone has what speed?

Have you thought about how this will negatively affect classes like assassins who rely on positionals?

It's OK, only level 50s can use horses so won't affect assassins and thier prey much

The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Centenario wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 8:48 AM
Just a question about personal mounts:
I use only classic skins, so am I doomed to seeing only the basic horses forever?
People have told me there were some special horses skins, but I can't see them right?

Could there also be some classic version of custom skins?

You can set some models to classic and some to new models. You can have everything classic except for horses.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

HI,

following would help me to favor "horses".

- Option to turn off "roaring" sound - totally annoys me
- Option to turn off Horses Graphics (or make it a buff in rvr). Some are here for the visual classic experience. This option would give both parties what they want.

Besides that, as a speed caster class I still see the advantage of more non-speed classes roaming, like that.

Thanks Pzy

Centenario wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 8:48 AM
Just a question about personal mounts:
I use only classic skins, so am I doomed to seeing only the basic horses forever?
People have told me there were some special horses skins, but I can't see them right?

Could there also be some classic version of custom skins?

This is actually one of the things that's making horses more palatable to me. Do you really wanna see all the rainbow unicorns and cyborg horses in RvR? *shudder* That's not even an exaggeration. Those models exist.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chassis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD

Pzynom wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 4:32 PM
HI,

following would help me to favor "horses".

- Option to turn off "roaring" sound - totally annoys me
- Option to turn off Horses Graphics (or make it a buff in rvr). Some are here for the visual classic experience. This option would give both parties what they want.

Besides that, as a speed caster class I still see the advantage of more non-speed classes roaming, like that.

Thanks Pzy

I've yet to see a single non-speed class roaming on a horse. It's still just docks and minstrels for solos as far as I can tell.

I would much rather it be a buff in RvR, too, if it has to stay, though.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chassis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD

Can dev's please turn off the dumb NEIGH noise that everyone spams? If not, can we just have speed of the realm potions instead? Make it a 1-2 min recast when not in combat similar to buff potions.... DONE.. and no dumb horses in the game spamming noise. Not sure why this is such a big deal to everyone.

Solo benefits of speed of the realm potion: I can get around better on my solo valewalker or other non-speed character. This allows me to get to where I am going. Most fights are going to be after I jump off a boat while having speed of the realm from a hastener anyway.

I really enjoy the horses and as i suspected after a couple days, literally nothing has changed. I think after people have tested it and the vote is done again, the vote will be much more lopsided in favor of horses.

necrolove1 wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 9:06 PM
I really enjoy the horses and as i suspected after a couple days, literally nothing has changed. I think after people have tested it and the vote is done again, the vote will be much more lopsided in favor of horses.

Maybe, but the only places I see horses is in town, I haven't even seen horses in RvR to any degree, so I'm not sure as many people love them as they thought they would.

Guidies used them for a few hours and now I don't even here people talking about them now.
It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!

necrolove1 wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 9:06 PM

Nothing changed because there was no reason to add hideous horses to RvR. We already had hasteners, which are more strategic and already exist in practically every spot where you might go without a speed class other than the solo zones. I've seen no one soloing on any classes that people weren't already soloing on; it's still 95% stealthers and minstrels. I've found the action to be no better away from docks because, naturally, random-location-in-NF is not a meaningful destination for anyone.

The only thing these horses are good for is taking money out of circulation. Otherwise, all they've done is make the game look uglier and make it more practical to farm XPers.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll
*Past Lives*