Re: Seasons - DAoC regular resets

I am not sure about the solution, but would never pretend any mechanism that force flattening all players or penalising the most faithful ones.

Just agreeing with the spirit of the topic to try to accommodate also different style of playing.

It could might be a sort of battleground/ permanent tournament open for people below RR5, with tested event autogroup and group cap 5 (no additional rp bonuses than fz)

Warjon wrote:
Thu 15 Oct 2020 9:26 PM
The solution is what we are starting to see. A PvE game. Craft, Vend, Farm, start a new alt, change realms, repeat...

Exactly, IMHO that’s because the only alternative atm is sticking afk the train and even if you get rp doing anything, pve can be more entertaining (is speaking someone playing a merc in molvik where each solo kill gives 6rp but is fun!)

What I mean usually in pve the effort-rewards correlation gives a better sense of progression and sadisfaction than just have the ass in fz

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 2:19 AM
DAoC is about getting small increments of power over long period of times which greatly increases your strength the longer you play....

THAT is pretty much what DESTROYED DAoC.

Originally it was about realm vs. realm combat, and as long as you were 50, you were pretty much on even terms with everybody else in the frontier. As the game veered away from that simple concept and adopted the overpowering RA's, items, artifacts and master levels ad nauseum approach, the players began to veer away from DAoC.

IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:43 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 2:19 AM
DAoC is about getting small increments of power over long period of times which greatly increases your strength the longer you play....

THAT is pretty much what DESTROYED DAoC.

Originally it was about realm vs. realm combat, and as long as you were 50, you were pretty much on even terms with everybody else in the frontier. As the game veered away from that simple concept and adopted the overpowering RA's, items, artifacts and master levels ad nauseum approach, the players began to veer away from DAoC.

Personally, I think not having new content would loose more players. Did I like everything live did? Nah. But I think if they didn't add ANY new things the game would have died a whole hell of a lot sooner.
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier

What if players say under rr4 or rr5 could port instance like event we had few weeks ago "level a playinground". Forced groups up to 5 players. Maybe some adjustments could be done to autogroup so that is not like it was on event.

Also make it so that you can play only with your realm mates. So can have that realm pride thing aswell if it will be implemented.

Then casuals can enjoy playing on partys with their limited playing time...

WiLLiL wrote:
Sun 18 Oct 2020 12:01 PM
What if players say under rr4 or rr5 could port instance like event we had few weeks ago "level a playinground". Forced groups up to 5 players. Maybe some adjustments could be done to autogroup so that is not like it was on event.

Also make it so that you can play only with your realm mates. So can have that realm pride thing aswell if it will be implemented.

Then casuals can enjoy playing on partys with their limited playing time...

Anything that separates level 50 players from the frontiers is usually detrimental to the server as a whole, just my opinion though. Gaining rr here is really easy, even if you only have a few hours a week to play you can just join a bg to get the realm ranks you need to be more competitive in other forms of rvr.
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier

Not saying faster RRs would solve the issue...and while it is not "hard" aka difficult, it really isn't feasible at all to switch to a new char unless you play A LOT
Reaching RR5 requires ~50hours of "sticking the zerg", RR6 ~100hours.

I dont have a solution to this age old issue, since free RRs have historically just decreased player attachment to their characters (if overdone) or not had much influence at all (if too small)

maybe a 'floating buff' to help low RR's.

If you are in frontiers and below say RR7 and the average RR of those around you is RR9 you get a buff directly increasing your primary damage if DPS or heals to the equivilent of a high RR. Go outr of ranger and it goes.

High RR isnt really a reflection of 'skill' just a function of hours played.