Will you manage to compensate your archery nerf ?

Started 26 Mar 2021
by Babajaga
in Ask the Team
When there is a climb, there is also a slope.
We still waiting for a balance.

/lookfar
Fri 26 Mar 2021 12:35 PM by Nunki
Babajaga wrote:
Fri 26 Mar 2021 10:44 AM
When there is a climb, there is also a slope.
We still waiting for a balance.

/lookfar
Could at least state what exactly you don't like and probably even provide proper solutions to your problem?

Otherwise threads like this belong to "Tavern". I see no basis for a constructive discussion at this point.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 2:29 PM by Astaa
Short answer.

No, no they won't.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 3:50 PM by Babajaga
just quoting myself from a forgotten topic.

Babajaga wrote:
Sun 28 Feb 2021 10:11 PM
Let me clarify some stuffs there for rangers. since no one take me seriously ingame or even in phoenix discord.

Besides empty heads trolling me everyday that ranger is alrdy op and they dont need any changes, obviously none played one since daoc started.

Lets talk first about snipers specs. Since they get nerfed, they literally can not kill any melee class, i'v seen a bunch of snipe rangers gettin rekt by so many 10% left health chars (THEY ADDED IT OFC, theres no sniper that can hit 90% before someone can reach melee them, even for 11l one, like 50% is alrdy a miracle because of many rupts class or dd charge lol). I don't even count shields spec class that can block 1/2 arrows.
What class is left for a solo sniper ? admit casters. You can remove from the list any casters with pets, snipers can't handle it.
So only wizard or RM (i doubt with bt) is a matchup that a random sniper can win against. A good one can eat rangers anyway. (and i don't even add MOC in the equation)

People are mean to ask why so much rangers zerging, adding or 4+ rangers group up.
That is the sniper aspect.

Melee one, thats my spec. since snipe or hybrid is a pure struggle. I decided to melee a "good sneak hunter" (from my experience of lives and others shards), melee ranger always was a tough one.
Here, its just too soft. We are far that melee ranger is really suppose to be. Squishy, bad defense, bad damage.
Playing hybrid is disgusting because of, once again range nerf, its cool for dot setup into rapid fire, killing casters faster or rupting better a kiting scout. but still not totally worth, admit for hit and run, you can not kite and arrow properly only with selfpeeling. (rupts, shield, dd charge, disease, snare poisons, rear/side snares everywhere, everyday everynight, no thx)

So melee imo was the best way if i wanted to solo. I just have one question : is there another class on phoenix which starting to be efficient if and only if its 9rr+ and purge/ip/em up ?
i'm 7rr and sometimes even with purge/ip and no ra use from the opponent, i can lose so far. and the most frustrating thing is that 80% are just so random players, i mean they just doing damage, blocks, evades and thats it..
The thing is : our melee rangers matchups depending a lot of RNG, good wep procs, abla/heal, damage variance and crits on our favor.
Maaan the fact that melee ranger matchup fates are all about dices is not fun.

Please, i know daoc, my class, and how i should a minimum play against any class or situation, avoid your future comments like : "-if...so...- your not doing well, maybe if you, better that, i'll do that in your place" thank you.

Something has to be done with Rangers, you did nerf range, but you must make a compensation, balance it on melee at least coz we are fuckn nails.

scouts has 45root once, which helps for kite on a sniper aspect. hunters and rangers has candy crush while IP up again.
I know only one ranger doing well with sniper spec with his well kite gameplay. he's struggling a lot btw. and he's the only one afaik.
You can't consider the fact because of one is pretty good, the rest are aswell.

rng is stupid. i've got footages killing a 10rr inf and almost 11r sb without any ra used from me. (all poisons up)
and happened many times to be killed by randoms rr3 sin without any ra again. and it was not even close.
please, could you explain that for me ?

I know that variance and rng affecting everyone, and i spend a lot of good times and fun playing my ranger, even if i complain sometimes, but hey, we are a lot of solo'ers expecting something boosting our melee defense and squishiness, the dodging RA for example. i know i will die from a cancer before getting PD so i dont expect for that one anymore.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 5:11 PM by Irkeno
Archers are already pretty much a scourge on this server as it is. If anything they need a nerf, at least to arrow damage.

Melee, sure boost em up a bit, but the state of archers everywhere just being so strong at adding fights and ruining the fun for others is an issue draining a lot of fun out of the game atm.

That coupled with the fact that 95%+ of people who play archers are complete trash tier who design their gameplay specifically around adding fights just makes it worse.

Couple of notable exceptions, but unfortunately the prevalence of 8man scout/ranger grps kinda demonstrates how broken/op/annoying it is
Fri 26 Mar 2021 5:35 PM by Babajaga
Irkeno wrote:
Fri 26 Mar 2021 5:11 PM
If anything they need a nerf, at least to arrow damage.
They did it alrdy.

That coupled with the fact that 95%+ of people who play archers are complete trash tier who design their gameplay specifically around adding fights just makes it worse.
if they melee boost : they will be less adding and less archers group because they will at least starting doing some stuff alone.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 6:16 PM by Symptomettes
Irkeno wrote:
Archers are already pretty much a scourge on this server as it is. If anything they need a nerf, at least to arrow damage.

Melee, sure boost em up a bit, but the state of archers everywhere just being so strong at adding fights and ruining the fun for others is an issue draining a lot of fun out of the game atm.

Couple of notable exceptions, but unfortunately the prevalence of 8man scout/ranger grps kinda demonstrates how broken/op/annoying it is

8 Man rolling on every small man / solo that fights are not a scourge for you then ? A sin that finish someone with just one swing and running away doing 600+ damage with one dot is nothing to blame then ? Everybody add on his own way, just deal with it.

A nuker in a tree spamming 350/400 damages every second deals 3 times what an archer can do with arrows... Resist rate blablabla. Try to hit someone that can block / evade. It's two / three times less dps.

Litteraly you make no sense at all. Archers are in a fucking bad position cause everyone hate being add on this server... But saying that arrow damages need a nerf when it's not even close to afraid a decent grp or even a small man is totaly dumb ( when most of them run at least two sup classes ). On the contrary most people are happy cause it's super easy to counter and to kill. The only real thing that was important to nerf was Volley and it has been done.

Now with the numerous nerf of archery, most unsuccessful archers need to play as a duo/trio to gain some rps. And that's where the problem is, but since the priority now is the new pve instances, we will need to wait for a change that will probably never happen.... The entire archery haters community are the one to do zerg/keep or hypocrit that wants archers to be a freekill and an easy matchup to fight against it. Let's be honest here, a solo archer is like the easiest kill you can get here or solo battle warden (something that you will never see)... The numbers of decent solo archers can be count on one hand (three realms include ofc).
Fri 26 Mar 2021 6:42 PM by Astaa
Irkeno wrote:

Or any random caster in their 3 plat temp doing crazy damage, chucking out the debuffs, CCs etc, from range adding on a fight? That's fine, is it?

lol

And honestly, screw 8v8, it's a minority sport that for some unknown reason appears to be important. Add on all 8v8 fights you see, you might die but who cares. Every single 8man will run over everything they see, ruthlessly, half of them go out of their way to do it in task zones etc.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics