Re: Scout Root. Why no immunity?

Siouxsie wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 6:05 PM
Gruneschaf - not true. Conquer hammer style, if you try it on a target that has snare immunity, you get a big pink message saying: "That target cannot have that effect again yet". Conquer IS a melee snare style and yet it cannot be chained. I think you need to check the game's code again.

Melee styles don’t cause immunity, however, they typically don’t root either

Anyways he is not off, that is how the game works except for this one style since it is a root and not a snare. If the target gets a casted snare/root, they then get immunity to snare/roots for a time. If you spam conqueror or any melee style with a snare; they don’t get immunity which is why melee is regulated to peel bots.

Siouxsie wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 2 Jul 2020 9:07 PM
Taniquetil wrote:
Thu 2 Jul 2020 3:24 PM
I think a good scout can already make the single anytime root viable when combined with shield styles (not slam...) and snares. That's why I didnt ask for it to be removed entirely.

Lack of any immunity is a similar issue to animist tanglers early days before the patch.

Unless i'm going mad, and perma CCing someone to run away and shoot them is 'fine'

A root is nothing more than a 99% snare and hence this is a melee snare and just like any other melee snare it doesn't cause immunity.

Does it need to be a melee root? No, but the problem with the scout is that without it, once in melee it's a one trick pony and that trick is hard countered with purge which literally everyone has and unlike for casters it's pretty much a given that a scout will end up in melee unless the target is afk. Scout needs something to make it viable once in melee and some escape mechanism seemed more fitting than some kind of melee damage increase or damage taken decrease.

Gruneschaf - not true. Conquer hammer style, if you try it on a target that has snare immunity, you get a big pink message saying: "That target cannot have that effect again yet". Conquer IS a melee snare style and yet it cannot be chained. I think you need to check the game's code again.

That's why peelers are not happy when you root tanks, because the spell gives them immunity. But you can chain the style without one.

Siouxsie wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:
A root is nothing more than a 99% snare and hence this is a melee snare and just like any other melee snare it doesn't cause immunity.

Again to repeat it, melee snares do not cause root immunity, however, just like the pet stuns that do not cause stun immunity, they are affected by existing immunity.

gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 6 Jul 2020 2:02 PM
Siouxsie wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

Again to repeat it, melee snares do not cause root immunity, however, just like the pet stuns that do not cause stun immunity, they are affected by existing immunity.

Then please remove the lvl 45 shield style from the game. It's often abused and it's too powerful as a CC measure. Scouts already have shield slam for this.

gruenesschaf wrote:

Not arguing over mechanics. Melee snares and pet stuns, understand and accept that those are chainable and dont give immunity, but the issue is that this is for al intents and purposes a root that doesnt provide immunity. The only difference being it's a root that comes from a melee style and is therefore called a 99% snare (a root by any other name). A snare can be counterplayed, this anytime reusable root cant be.

Options

1. Give it immunity. This doesnt completely butcher the Scout, it gives them 2 methods of putting distance between them and their opponent (only 1 of which can be purged0 rather than UNLIMITED free re-use. The opponent could purge one but then be weak to the other, and therefore have the distance built up again. A scout can then kite and wait out some timers, or use the 2x opportunities to land 700x damage critshots on the opponent to hope that's enough to give them the upper hand.

2. Make it a snare, like other styles, that way a counter play can be to counter snare the scout and then some skill/luck/positioning comes in to it, and that can be done infinitely. The scout has infinite chances to put distance between them, but at a cost if they misplay, or with the potential to be countered.

Tani - NS- RR10
Mezzmerelda - Bard - RR6
Bellelle- Lowbie Infil

AGAINST ALL ODDS - Nightshade/Infil Montage NEW JULY2020

BLADE - Tani - Nightshade/Infil Montage

Tani - REAPER

2 Versus Tani

Loki/Undacover - Special Edition Videos

even though i think this shield style is really lame, scouts do not have much more in their tool kit.

vs assassins its the only way to at least have a tiny chance
vs tanks its easymode but also would be with some kiting and restealthing
vs casters useless
vs any ranged useless

changing it to a 60% snare will result in it being completely useless vs anyone, especially vs assassins with their also anytime snare.
Horg solo rr9 Hunter Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

I don't care if the shield style was changed, but don't mention what the nerf should be without following it up with a buff to some other aspect of the Scout. Scouts DO NOT need a NERF, they need something to balance it out. Otherwise just don't even touch Scout.

gruenesschaf wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

So why doesn't anyone else get a 99% melee snare? We don't get charge, we already insta lose to anything with disease and half a brain, melee is already reduced to being a peel bot on the server... I'll call it fair when all melee snares go from 60% to 99%. It's not like many stealth even runs solo...

jhaerik wrote:
Wed 8 Jul 2020 3:01 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

So why doesn't anyone else get a 99% melee snare? We don't get charge, we already insta lose to anything with disease and half a brain, melee is already reduced to being a peel bot on the server... I'll call it fair when all melee snares go from 60% to 99%. It's not like many stealth even runs solo...

Especially the realm that gets the 99% snare, also has the anytime stun, insta stun, single/aoe mez, abs absorb

The other realms have....