Re: Is there ever going to be this unicorn horn mythical 45 spec bow ability?

Horus wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 8:24 PM
imweasel wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 3:10 PM
daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 6:36 PM
It came in the form of crit shot no longer having an increased chance to uncover you when shooting, and pen arrow 2 punching bladeturn.

And speaking as a player of multiple archer classes.... that alone plus the damage boost is more than enough

Still think it's enough with the damage boost now?

I certainly don't think so...

Not many archers in the game have higher bow dmg than me. 50(+19) bow, 48 PF, Full aug dex, MoA to max the PF buffs. 5.5 speed MP bow. With that I have zero melee...no chance at all if it gets to melee range. It is the ultimate all or nothing. If I lose the interrupt initiative, I'm dead, if someone gets into melee range, I'm dead. I have no tools to counter that.

I can say the dmg seems a bit sub par for the points spent An ellyll sage can out heal my bow dmg. That is frustrating. The penetrating arrow thing is OK I guess. For me I still use rapid fire to clr the bubble then use a crit shot. I hate having my crit shot dmg cut in half...and with the 15 sec delay...that is forever before you can do another.

It was great when they 1st made the change ....maybe a bit too much when you factored in 3 str relics. But now they have pushed it back too far.

And now it just encourages the behavior they didn't want...archer groups. You almost have to grp to get kills. When the dmg was better I was roaming around solo because at least I knew I had a solo chance. Now it is back to running with a bg or hanging around a group of archers camping walls, docks etc.

Based on what you were saying, the damage of going as high bow as you have+the ridiculous amount of PF is not worth it. Why not just respec to something more reasonable?
-Imadoctor 8l2 druid

Forlornhope wrote:
Sun 28 Jun 2020 3:47 AM
Horus wrote:
imweasel wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 3:10 PM
Still think it's enough with the damage boost now?

I certainly don't think so...

Not many archers in the game have higher bow dmg than me. 50(+19) bow, 48 PF, Full aug dex, MoA to max the PF buffs. 5.5 speed MP bow. With that I have zero melee...no chance at all if it gets to melee range. It is the ultimate all or nothing. If I lose the interrupt initiative, I'm dead, if someone gets into melee range, I'm dead. I have no tools to counter that.

I can say the dmg seems a bit sub par for the points spent An ellyll sage can out heal my bow dmg. That is frustrating. The penetrating arrow thing is OK I guess. For me I still use rapid fire to clr the bubble then use a crit shot. I hate having my crit shot dmg cut in half...and with the 15 sec delay...that is forever before you can do another.

It was great when they 1st made the change ....maybe a bit too much when you factored in 3 str relics. But now they have pushed it back too far.

And now it just encourages the behavior they didn't want...archer groups. You almost have to grp to get kills. When the dmg was better I was roaming around solo because at least I knew I had a solo chance. Now it is back to running with a bg or hanging around a group of archers camping walls, docks etc.

Based on what you were saying, the damage of going as high bow as you have+the ridiculous amount of PF is not worth it. Why not just respec to something more reasonable?

You would think but as I keen ranger who has tried every spec imaginable there just really isn't another option. I don't believe in the hybrid spec. I tried it for a while, Bow damage is even more frustrating and still can't win melee fights vs full melee spec 'sins or any other tankish or pet class. I think you are really kind of stuck, Either full melee shar or celt, or full bow keen Ranger. Just my opinion...

Horus wrote:
Sun 28 Jun 2020 4:08 AM
Forlornhope wrote:
Horus wrote:

You would think but as I keen ranger who has tried every spec imaginable there just really isn't another option. I don't believe in the hybrid spec. I tried it for a while, Bow damage is even more frustrating and still can't win melee fights vs full melee spec 'sins or any other tankish or pet class. I think you are really kind of stuck, Either full melee shar or celt, or full bow keen Ranger. Just my opinion...

Basically yes to this, and even then a full melee spec Ranger is still pretty weak toe-to-toe vs anything with poison or anything on a Tank table. My Merc hits as hard with a Shortbow as a 12 Archery Ranger does with their bow.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Horus wrote:
Sun 28 Jun 2020 4:08 AM
Forlornhope wrote:
Horus wrote:

This is pretty accurate. Though I am currently hybrid spec with 35 bow, and 39 blades (Celt). I do okay most of the time, and can kill assassins around my rank and lower in melee when RAs are up, and sometimes when I just get lucky on the RNG without purge/IP. Every once in a while I will get super lucky and kill a high rank one, but it is rare. Good assassins, or high rank ones still destroy me though. Ranger will basically always lose to any tank that has a shield 1v1 regardless of how you spec. I do miss being full melee, but I have a NS so it seems largely pointless to go back to melee on the ranger. Might switch to Elf, and go full bow.
Anberlin, Reigel, Automata, Saturnalia, Strata, Selesnya, Devola, Alyvia, Avacyn
Crossbreed
Amery, Tymna, Iristellia, Azorius, Countess