Re: NF thread

Word wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:38 pm
inky2019 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:55 pm
NF is not suitable for the current population maybe at the beginning yes but not now. I was drawn to this server because it did not have NF that was its appeal not the other leveling and rvr perks.

Either way alot of players will quit no matter which frontiers design prevails. I for one will leave if NF stays.
Totally agree. It was great right after clustering when you had 3K plus playing but with 1200ish max on, the action is too spread out. NF = No Fun.
Am sorry what do you mean by that? You do realize that DaoC is old as it is, and even 150 vs 150 is a slug fest with effects turned off, no cloaks, no player names. If you get 500 vs 500 in an area, it will most likely crash the server.

Anelyn77 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:00 pm
Word wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:38 pm
inky2019 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:55 pm
NF is not suitable for the current population maybe at the beginning yes but not now. I was drawn to this server because it did not have NF that was its appeal not the other leveling and rvr perks.

Either way alot of players will quit no matter which frontiers design prevails. I for one will leave if NF stays.
Totally agree. It was great right after clustering when you had 3K plus playing but with 1200ish max on, the action is too spread out. NF = No Fun.
Am sorry what do you mean by that? You do realize that DaoC is old as it is, and even 150 vs 150 is a slug fest with effects turned off, no cloaks, no player names. If you get 500 vs 500 in an area, it will most likely crash the server.
I mean that NF was super fun just after the original clustering of the servers. At that time there was population to support the massive area that is NF. I do not mean there were 500 v 500 but there was literally action everywhere. It didn't last long but it was glorious. The current population of Phoenix is not large enough to support NF IMHO. Sorry if offended somehow.

My 2c

Keep OF with NF like features:

- Keep porting
- /rw map with hotspots
- system wide message when a keep is being attacked (actual dmg to the door) thus people can react to defend.
- keeps level up and each level the rp reward increases and have a defender tick too.
- keeps should not be takeable by 8 man, make it 16-24 minimum for a lv1 keep.
- Each realm should have 1 permanent keep to port into (Briefine, Pennine and Jamtland) this prevents milegate blockade also helps hibs.
- Milegates - can you add stairs to both sides?
- Task System is good but people will still flock to emain. To help rotate the realms maybe institute a penalty to rps in a non active realm, rps should yield normal rps in an active task realm however if you pvp in a non active zone then is 20 or 25% less rps.

It would look like this :

-Participate in RvR (invade Albion)
-Take a keep in Albion ( keep xxxx)

And with a permanent port keep in a central zone with insta kill guards to protect the players , the defenders of that realm can get to the action and attempt to defend their realm.
Last edited by alusnova415 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

How can anyone support the old keep system after playing NF is beyond me. OF keeps are just garbage. There is no changing them, no adding this or that, just stuck with what they are. Can implement porting to them yes...but a turd is still a turd
Ceremone - 50 Celt Animist Farmer
Cerebeblades - 50 Shar Ranger

Who gives the fuck about keeps when they literally mean nothing on this server?? Relics are worthless therefore keeps are worthless. The keep task multipler is just abusable as demonstrated by Stunbot. People want to pvp not pvdoor. Pvdoor could spur pvp if relics were threatened but that doesn't matter here. Incentivizing pvdoor with tasks and multipliers was a mistake.

NF vs OF doesn't change that fact. One thing that is clear this server does not have the population to support spread out action in NF. It'll kill NA action and then the server will be empty after 8EST and it'll be a repeat of Uthgard1 back when I played. Even emain was empty after a certain hour back then. I also dealt with the same shit on RoR for years.

It's. Not. Fun.

Mavella wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:01 pm
Who gives the fuck about keeps when they literally mean nothing on this server?? Relics are worthless therefore keeps are worthless. The keep task multipler is just abusable as demonstrated by Stunbot. People want to pvp not pvdoor. Pvdoor could spur pvp if relics were threatened but that doesn't matter here. Incentivizing pvdoor with tasks and multipliers was a mistake.

NF vs OF doesn't change that fact. One thing that is clear this server does not have the population to support spread out action in NF. It'll kill NA action and then the server will be empty after 8EST and it'll be a repeat of Uthgard1 back when I played. Even emain was empty after a certain hour back then. I also dealt with the same shit on RoR for years.

It's. Not. Fun.
Some kind of quest or obelisk like live has to direct action to certains zones maybe will help a bit.

Phoenix now pays the bill for the original OF choice, 65% of the initial population is gone now and for the most of them won't come back. Great choice, great vote during beta (100% not biaised by a few guilds calling their mates to vote OF, and even so they couldn't go further than 50% for OF), great result.

So what are we doing now ? Back to the Old Crap thing which will acheive Phoenix in 9 months or stay with NF which is much better but lacks population now most of it is gone ?

The original sin, Daoc version, deal with choices from the past and their actual consequences, good luck.

PS : at this point, i'd say yes for permanent Molvik Event, OF is uber trash and there's no point in coming back to that useless map, if we can't sustain enough players for NF, there's no point coming back to OF, give us a real arena and be it, Phoenix allready missed its own point, there won't be any come back.

Leandrys wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:34 pm
Phoenix now pays the bill for the original OF choice, 65% of the initial population is gone now and for the most of them won't come back. Great choice, great vote during beta (100% not biaised by a few guilds calling their mates to vote OF, and even so they couldn't go further than 50% for OF), great result.

So what are we doing now ? Back to the Old Crap thing which will acheive Phoenix in 9 months or stay with NF which is much better but lacks population now most of it is gone ?

The original sin, Daoc version, deal with choices from the past and their actual consequences, good luck.

PS : at this point, i'd say yes for permanent Molvik Event, OF is uber trash and there's no point in coming back to that useless map, if we can't sustain enough players for NF, there's no point coming back to OF, give us a real arena and be it, Phoenix allready missed its own point, there won't be any come back.
Molvik will arrive soon enough, when the pop is so low its the only thing people can do.

This NF test also didn't prompt some mass exodus back to the server. If you people think that 3000-4000 pop was going to sustain I'll have some of what you're smoking. I'm sure for most it was fun to try for nostalgia/old times sake again and they were going to move on either way. A core of 1000-1500 is what I expected the server to settle in and that's what it's been at for weeks. Sticking to NF is only going to alienate more people that came back for the classic experience and shrink the pop further. Making more massive changes that no one asked for post launch is going continue to eat away at that core(how many people started playing again after charge nerf vs quit??) . When it's totally dead during NA we can call this pig uthgard with a different shade of lipstick.

Fix some of the flaws of OF to make it more approachable. (This was being worked ok before this Ill advised "test") . Make note that a some of the more vocal proponents of NF weren't even playing here the past few weeks/months. They aren't your core and they will be gone again before long no matter the outcome of this debate. Stop making keeps into RP dispensers whether they are occupied or not. Give RvR some actual meaning besides wacking on each other to make RPs fall out (relics and worthwhile bonuses to strive for/defend).