Re: How to save Pheonix after the recent population dive

#91
bigne88 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:35 am
Just entirely remove stealth classes. They are useless and all the self-buff changes (witch are ok) incentivate bad players to play one. (I know its a stupid and impossibile request, but still)

A teleport to the keep in odin's, hadrians and emain, if you own it and is not under attack.

Enlight on map sieged keeps.

Minor celerity to wardens and paladins .

Put back the old "drop sistem". Less farm more pvp.
Major class changes like that should have been done from launch, and wont ever be done anyway.
You have a large group that likes stealthers, and just because (like me) that you dislike them, does not mean you necessarily are correct :)
My problem is that people migrate to them because they get zerged on visible, but all they do is increase the problem.
We need more and better stealth detection, and especially scale stealth detection when many stealthers are in close proximity.
Reward solo stealthers, punish stealth zergs.

Teleport should be enabled if you own any of the 4 central keeps in a realm.
That would also move action away from Emain, and into Jamt, Breifine and Pennine (lol, unlikely), and make it impossible to control choke points like MG's, but still make it easy to find action.

Send spam when a keep is under attack, maybe with a small delay.

No celerity, I am Midgard, biased and like our toys.
Serious though I am reserved about celerity to wardens, paladins are fine, but Hib groups are pretty strong.... I think... but really no clue right now, could do it as a testing period :)

Don't mind the low droprate, but I have all the plats I need anyway...

Re: How to save Pheonix after the recent population dive

#93
Kadorna wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:35 am
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:14 am
The ratio of stealthers to visibles is too high in stealther's favor for the health of the game.
Why is this a problem??
1-Build your grp and join 1 stealther class with high stealth skill to uncover enemy stealthers
2-Go frontier and farm stealthers.
doesn't really work like that though, since stealth detection seems a little bit slow or too much impacted by speed. Even with the stealthlore pot i don't always find other assassins even knowing approximately where they are.

Re: How to save Pheonix after the recent population dive

#94
Sepplord wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:38 am
Kadorna wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:35 am
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:14 am
The ratio of stealthers to visibles is too high in stealther's favor for the health of the game.
Why is this a problem??
1-Build your grp and join 1 stealther class with high stealth skill to uncover enemy stealthers
2-Go frontier and farm stealthers.
doesn't really work like that though, since stealth detection seems a little bit slow or too much impacted by speed. Even with the stealthlore pot i don't always find other assassins even knowing approximately where they are.
Run with the grp and use stealh when u arrive to "hot zones" while grp keep running around near you. Add a reaver/thane/any pbaoe or gtaoe class to help with the search....there are options to farm stealthers. If his population is really too high as ppl say cant be too hard to find them...

Re: How to save Pheonix after the recent population dive

#95
Druth wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:02 pm
Loki wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:30 pm
You have a big problem understanding equity and equality. Also , a strawman ? Your every argument begins with strawman arguments, when you're talking about "SBs are crying" as if the class you play makes your opinion invalid. Again, don't talk to me about "I'm sorry that you feel this way" , you really aren't intelligent enough and bring nothing to the table to be condescending. The sad part is devs look to people like you for validation, when you have no clue what you're talking about.

Just ...be ...quiet...
You sure you mean equity...?
Look up strawman argument.

You don't understand, or don't use either in the correct context.
Yes, equity. You think because "muh numbaz" aren't all flat out the same over all stealther classes, no one is allowed to point any obvious differences that a blind child would agree on and only changes that help even the field are allowed. You value outcome over fairness or opportunity. Ofcourse you're gonna back pedal and claim you never said that, but even though you "100% agree, numbers does NOT give you the answer" it's also the only argument you have. You certainly don't have experience and you hide behind straw men argument accusations when someone mentions it, like a hypocrite . You have no idea how stealth works on Phoenix but you are vocal about in threads about Vanish. You yell about logical fallacies while you throw ad hominems left and right, with your snarky tone and your condescending passive aggressive bullshit.

You can't figure out why friars, even when considered on top of the soloer food chain, don't rule the charts ? Because no one would fight one, jesus why do I have to explain that. Yes, assassins have the advantage of picking their targets.

And recently again, you talk about how biased you are with mids having celerity even though you play this game from the housing area.

I mean I get it, you're bored at work and no one takes you seriously, so you're confrontational on the forums. But troll on someone else's expense, not mine.

I'd add a lot more examples from your multi-faced arguments, but frankly you make me barf.
_____________________________________
Excalibur->Glastonbury->Salisbury

Re: How to save Pheonix after the recent population dive

#96
Loki wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:16 pm
Yes, equity. You think because "muh numbaz" aren't all flat out the same over all stealther classes, no one is allowed to point any obvious differences that a blind child would agree on and only changes that help even the field are allowed.
Oh... so when you say "equity" as in the term used in economy, vs. equality, what you mean is that numbers wont translate to balance?
And I agree, but please don't pretend that SB's are doing worse than hunters for example, or thanes.
The top position might not translate to King, but it certainly doesn't mean beggar either.
Loki wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:16 pm
You value outcome over fairness or opportunity. Ofcourse you're gonna back pedal and claim you never said that, but even though you "100% agree, numbers does NOT give you the answer" it's also the only argument you have. You certainly don't have experience and you hide behind straw men argument accusations when someone mentions it, like a hypocrite . You have no idea how stealth works on Phoenix but you are vocal about in threads about Vanish. You yell about logical fallacies while you throw ad hominems left and right, with your snarky tone and your condescending passive aggressive bullshit.
Yes, I do regard outcome over biased opinions. You can call things fair, balanced, and whatever adverb you want to attach to your opinion, it doesn't magically transform into fair by saying the word.

How messed up is to to suggest only people who play a class knows if it needs a buff???
Do we let the classes decide what buffs they need? What kind of system blindly accepts the conclusions made by the people benefiting from the change???
Especially when the statistical data doesn't support their claims?
I play RM, and I want to move cold debuff to darkness line. And anyone who doesn't play RM can't tell me it's a bad idea.

And go play a friar, and until you RvR on one, you don't get a voice in nerfing them.


And yes, I am condescending, because your language shows a person that has run out of arguments and are slowly moving towards throwing abuse instead.
Classic, if I'm not smart enough, I can try bullying instead.
Loki wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:16 pm
You can't figure out why friars, even when considered on top of the soloer food chain, don't rule the charts ? Because no one would fight one, jesus why do I have to explain that. Yes, assassins have the advantage of picking their targets.
lol, what the F is the problem then?
You want to hunt the Abominable Snowman even though you know it doesn't exist.

Loki wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:16 pm
And recently again, you talk about how biased you are with mids having celerity even though you play this game from the housing area.
Swoooosh sarcasm drove right past you.
Even wrote that I was joking...

You don't know my main, only my crafter.
I stopped playing BD when I realized how OP it was.
Loki wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:16 pm
I mean I get it, you're bored at work and no one takes you seriously, so you're confrontational on the forums. But troll on someone else's expense, not mine.

I'd add a lot more examples from your multi-faced arguments, but frankly you make me barf.
The bad man is hurting my feelings...

How often do you find it works to throw verbal abuse when arguing on the internet?
Does it ever work out for you?

Re: How to save Pheonix after the recent population dive

#99
where are you guys having trouble with stealth zergs ?

I have 300 solo kills on my animist in the last 1-2 months, and ive maybe been jumped by a grp of stealthers 2-3x ?

usualy always 1 or 2 but I just go to odins or hadrians, but as far as phoenix goes I haven't seen much for stealth zergs, atlesast nothing compared to the atrocities they commit on live
Slopywiggles rr6 Shaman

Re: How to save Pheonix after the recent population dive

#100
t4coops wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:12 pm
where are you guys having trouble with stealth zergs ?

I have 300 solo kills on my animist in the last 1-2 months, and ive maybe been jumped by a grp of stealthers 2-3x ?

usualy always 1 or 2 but I just go to odins or hadrians, but as far as phoenix goes I haven't seen much for stealth zergs, atlesast nothing compared to the atrocities they commit on live
avoiding emain, is just like avoiding EV.

grats on your 300 solo kills, i bet my level 23 shaman was one of them - pro tier solo'r right there.