New Scout

So, since I just donate rp's on my archers mostly anyhow. I figure atleast if I get someone to use purge I have accomplished something....therefore; I am making a scout.
Now I played on live and had some really good success with scout utilizing engage to reset immunity timers etc.
My question is, is it broken here? Or does it work quite well even vs sin's etc?
Do many fall for bash?

Second question is, better to start a necro to 50 then work on scout with buff pots etc? Since no PF/BC line for Pve?
Ceremon - 50 Luri Ranger - Shelved
Cerebeboned - 50 BD Farm
Cereberunnin - Skald - On hold
Cerebeblades - 50 Shar Ranger
Cerebeblind - Scout - made you use purge! HA!

Re: New Scout

Too many responses. Not feeling good about this realm thus far.
Cerebeboned - 50 BD Farm

cere2 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:02 pm
So, since I just donate rp's on my archers mostly anyhow. I figure atleast if I get someone to use purge I have accomplished something....therefore; I am making a scout.
Now I played on live and had some really good success with scout utilizing engage to reset immunity timers etc.
My question is, is it broken here? Or does it work quite well even vs sin's etc?
Do many fall for bash?

Second question is, better to start a necro to 50 then work on scout with buff pots etc? Since no PF/BC line for Pve?
Online gaming communities don't tend to go past the smoke a bowl level of thinking these days. Sounds harsh but it's arguably true. Not going to see a lot of answers unless the topic is controversial enough to stir sleeping bears into thought.

Engage is not like live was. I could re-engage a target after contact, no matter how much dps had been done. This meant that my celt shield hero, for example, could be a force to be reckoned with due to balancing out blunt reactionaries and popping engage over and over again to get block reactionaries as well.

That strategy does not exist here. As far as purging a bash - that's absolutely doable. People will fall for that. I've seen an RR8 merc dueling a certain badass berserker who forgot to land dirty tricks after forcing the zerk to purge his stun. WE are all human, after all, and a lot of realm rank comes from (a) ton of free time (b) having enough personality to get into consisten rvr groups (c) riding the dps train. So, anything's possible.
Vauz Necromancer

I have no idea how good Scout is here but There are enough archer posts where you can get a Feeling that they not going well.

But in game i still see many of them fireing from the hills down on the dmg.

For leveling you dont realy need buff pots. Its very easy by just farming leveling items and task the last bit of every level.
On the other side its always good to have a necro pro Cabba to get some money

Honestly, don't bother.

You seem to have so many complaints about archers as it is, I wouldn't roll one because you are in for exactly the same thing you get on your Ranger.

As a SB, Scouts just die as long as Purge is up... and that's 99% of the time.
Norse SB

Forum surfing time, @cere2, u have 2 rangers, you dont play either of them, and u want to make a scout..... why, just go out and rvr already, dont like stealthers, play visi, u have that aswell... if its just about alts, then why not, just pve. You could just make stealth grps on hib u know... like some ppl do. I am starting to think you dont want to actually play daoc for what it is, and just want to jump from one thing to another.
Pop pop Lollipop <3 :lol:

qq6 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:25 am
Forum surfing time, @cere2, u have 2 rangers, you dont play either of them, and u want to make a scout..... why, just go out and rvr already, dont like stealthers, play visi, u have that aswell... if its just about alts, then why not, just pve. You could just make stealth grps on hib u know... like some ppl do. I am starting to think you dont want to actually play daoc for what it is, and just want to jump from one thing to another.
Lolli,
I'm happy you find it fun in the current stealth atmosphere. Yes, I have 2 rangers because I wanted to see how melee spec does with blades. It's certainly the best chance I have had vs assassin's so far, but still lackluster imo. Yeah I can keep going and get IP3/purge3/aug str and do well. But I didn't feel like a ranger so I bagged it for the time.
I know this also might sound nuts to someone on this server, but I played all 3 realms on live, and enjoyed the different aspects of archers on each realm.
So yeah I play different servers, if you have "realm pride" well...grats man, happy you like just one realm.

Honestly though you might be right. I might not want to play Daoc for what it is, at least what is has become on this server. My only hope is that they fix the detection range. I already notice I am finding other things to keep me busy, so perhaps soon you won't need to hear me bitch about stealth detection for much longer.

If they don't do anything about it, so be it. I hear soon live will be going f2p, so maybe we will get some more population back there and I can say my final adieu to this place. I play daoc for archer class, always have. And to me archer is crap-tastic on this server at the moment.
Cerebeboned - 50 BD Farm

I've played archers a lot during my time in DAoC and to me, archers are just as good/bad as they were in classic DAoC.

Rangers are still the strongest IMO, they can compete in melee with assassins at higher RR.

You are not going to get on with Scout if you think that has a better chance than a Ranger, they are utterly gimp in melee no matter how many points you spend in it.
Norse SB