Re: Friar's abusing Reflex Attack 5.

I don’t think it’s a priority to nerf a situationally very good but often useless ability that requires massive RA investment (offers nothing to 8v8) to a class that is already underperforming...

There are bigger fish to fry. But to suspend the previous part and answer the OP:

1.This has always been a cornerstone of friars abilities since OF

2.If you are a DWer, you will struggle the most Vs this... so use ur shield or 2hnd, or slam/snare & run.

3.this doesn’t make friars solo pve as well as Cabas and necros.

Zzang wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:02 am
teiloh wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:11 am
Zzang wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:33 am
As usual the replies are so constructive and really helps bring out the essence of the community.

I played some small man with a merc who used DR 5 and just about any melee who stayed on him for a longer period of time was doomed to a fast death, I can only imagine it being even worse with a friar.

My suggestion is to put an internal cooldown equal to that of the speed of the users weapon so that you can not proc hits more often than the delve of your equipped weapon. This would bring Friars to a point where they cant abuse it for PvE but it would still be viable for duels since a few extra hits during a fight still might tip it in your favor.
This is the way it is on live. Does Alb need yet another PvE nerf after charmed mobs, spec AF on pets, focus nerf?
There are better ways of making PvE good than having a melee-hybrid class that can solo farm a ton of mobs and also make them unstoppable in solo/small man fights vs melee. Alb PvE is still very strong, it's just not as broken as it once was.
Let's be real, if it gets nerfed, no replacement is coming for it. Alb is not overpowered in PvE, Mid AE Stun and Celerity groups kill far faster. We don't need more Alb nerfs, and we don't need more Mids, that much is clear.

Reflex Attack 5 is fine. It's fine on the Friar, on the Zerk, and on the BM and it's generally only ever taken for soloing.

Sounds like you need to respec to reflex attack 5 with 2 slow blunt weapons out on your BM thanatos if you want to be 1v1ing Friars. Or just don't engage them if you aren't willing to sink the same amount of realm points into fighting them as they are into fighting you.

Foofmonger wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:07 pm
Reflex Attack 5 is fine. It's fine on the Friar, on the Zerk, and on the BM and it's generally only ever taken for soloing.

Sounds like you need to respec to reflex attack 5 with 2 slow blunt weapons out on your BM thanatos if you want to be 1v1ing Friars. Or just don't engage them if you aren't willing to sink the same amount of realm points into fighting them as they are into fighting you.
Agree 100%
Ampradium - Level 50 Mercenary
Legendary Master Weapon Crafter
Legendary Grand Master Armor Crafter
GM - Resident Evil