phixion wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:45 pm
Sepplord wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:36 am
phixion wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:27 pm
I'm sorry bro, I didn't know it was you. The race change threw me... :(

I feel bad.
i am wondering which situation happened where you would feel sorry afterwards because of not recognizing someone ;)
He was about to kill a SB and I jumped in to save the SB, once I saw it was Gotmagi I felt guilty because I know he solos :P
wouldn't the approach to not-adding-solos mean that you only jump/add people that you identify as adders, instead of the otherway around?
Don't get me wrong, i think adding is part of the game...it's just weird to hear that you add people unless you know them, while i thought you were against adding/adders

Re: @Gotmagi

Sepplord wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:00 am
wouldn't the approach to not-adding-solos mean that you only jump/add people that you identify as adders, instead of the otherway around?
Don't get me wrong, i think adding is part of the game...it's just weird to hear that you add people unless you know them, while i thought you were against adding/adders
It was a clutch moment where i needed to save a buddy :)

And no, the majority of the server adds, at this point i tend to remember those who don't as apposed to those who do.

Who is your main?
Norse SB

phixion wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:33 pm
Sepplord wrote:

And no, the majority of the server adds, at this point i tend to remember those who don't as apposed to those who do.

Who is your main?
So you add on anyone, too (unless you know them) which is exactly what you hate?

phixion wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:33 pm
Sepplord wrote:

Who is your main?
No need to really justify it...as i said, i also add and am added. Especially when helping someone. (though i also have a few "no-ad names on my list")
The grouping of 4-8 is much more annoying and imo not understandable...but to each their own. I guess you wouldn't know my main, i am quite low-RR and mostly play SB a few minutes every day 90% in DF. We chatted for a few minutes back when you were still RR5or6 or something and i needed SB-tips.
I am more a little fanboi instead of hating on you :)

(Additonally sent you PM)

kiectred wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:41 pm
So you add on anyone, too (unless you know them) which is exactly what you hate?
I don't know anyone in this game, I take a mental note of names of people who haven't added on me before. There's very few people on this list and I rarely add new names, because quite frankly almost everyone on the server does it.

My time spent in RvR (currently 10L2) tells me that the majority of people add here without hesitation--even diverting an entire zerg or grp to the other side of the map to do so.

I don't tend to add without checking who I'm adding on, on this occasion I added to save a friend without checking the name of the guy, because he was on such low HP.

Hope that makes sense.
Norse SB

phixion wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:25 pm
kiectred wrote:
I don't know anyone in this game, I take a mental note of names of people who haven't added on me before. There's very few people on this list and I rarely add new names, because quite frankly almost everyone on the server does it.

My time spent in RvR (currently 10L2) tells me that the majority of people add here without hesitation--even diverting an entire zerg or grp to the other side of the map to do so.

I don't tend to add without checking who I'm adding on, on this occasion I added to save a friend without checking the name of the guy, because he was on such low HP.

Hope that makes sense.
I guess so. So if it wasn't a friend, and you didn't know who the enemy was, you wouldn't add?

Quick follow-up if you don't mind: Lets say you kill someone between amg and apk. To you it was a solo kill, to me you killed my bait and this is going according to plan: to get you out of the way for my realmmates. I kill you before you restealth. In your mind, I've "added"? Because honestly, in my opinion, you're doing your job by taking out reinforcements from apk trying to get to their group or BG (considering that assassins don't really have much role in keep takes or zerging or 8mans). Anyone who tries to kill you is doing their job as well though, by clearing the way for those reinforcements. If what you think is a clean 1v1 is actually a trap, possibly set by more than 2 people even, you have no way of knowing and assume it's a filthy adder? I mean in most situations if you're found killing someone between apk and amg you really only have yourself to blame for an ill-chosen target, right? Not talking about situations when an entire zerg crosses a map (how would they do that to a stealther outside their clip range anyhow?) ... although considering your usual placement not far outside portal keeps, I'd argue a zerg or fg coming up over a hill by surprise and killing you is also justifiable considering that they will want stragglers to be able to reach them later.

kiectred wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:47 am
phixion wrote:
kiectred wrote:

Hope that makes sense.
I guess so. So if it wasn't a friend, and you didn't know who the enemy was, you wouldn't add?

Quick follow-up if you don't mind: Lets say you kill someone between amg and apk. To you it was a solo kill, to me you killed my bait and this is going according to plan: to get you out of the way for my realmmates. I kill you before you restealth. In your mind, I've "added"? Because honestly, in my opinion, you're doing your job by taking out reinforcements from apk trying to get to their group or BG (considering that assassins don't really have much role in keep takes or zerging or 8mans). Anyone who tries to kill you is doing their job as well though, by clearing the way for those reinforcements. If what you think is a clean 1v1 is actually a trap, possibly set by more than 2 people even, you have no way of knowing and assume it's a filthy adder? I mean in most situations if you're found killing someone between apk and amg you really only have yourself to blame for an ill-chosen target, right? Not talking about situations when an entire zerg crosses a map (how would they do that to a stealther outside their clip range anyhow?) ... although considering your usual placement not far outside portal keeps, I'd argue a zerg or fg coming up over a hill by surprise and killing you is also justifiable considering that they will want stragglers to be able to reach them later.
You're onto something here:

Looking to hire bait between apk and amg - 100g per successful kill, pst Ampradium
Ampradium - Level 50 Mercenary
Legendary Master Weapon Crafter
Legendary Grand Master Armor Crafter
GM - Resident Evil

Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:16 pm
kiectred wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:47 am
phixion wrote:

Hope that makes sense.

You're onto something here:

Looking to hire bait between apk and amg - 100g per successful kill, pst Ampradium
I mentioned that as a hypothetical but I've actually asked a couple people to do that.. lowbies who would still con yellow usually don't care. Or you can be your own bait. I won't divulge my secrets on that publicly, though I'm sure you can figure it out :D

When answering all of these hypothetical question I wonder who is actually asking... Is it someone who is extremely butthurt because I killed them a few times and they didn't like it, or are you really curious as to my thinking patterns?

As a soloer it is extremely frustrating walking in to stealth groups all day, then there's the standing around waiting for 1 person who's far enough away from the rest of the zerg to attack and stand a chance of getting away once killed. Then there's groups and zergs who clip in just as you jump someone and zerg over as if their life depends on it.

It ain't hard to see where I'm coming from, and if it is then you've never played solo before.

The herald says it all.
Norse SB