this thread contains known issues & solutions to various scenarios Phoenix players encountered recently.
Do not hesitate to contact us if the issue persists.
Phoenix Game Installation
Important: Windows XP and Vista are not supported OS'; they are also deprecated by Microsoft and now longer receive any kind of updates.
While Phoenix is capable of being played on Linux/Ubuntu gaming VMs/emulations or special configurations, it's not officially support either.
The minimum OS for full support is Windows 7 with SP1.
1. Download and install the latest live client
2. Run the camelot.exe once and let it patch
3. Download the Phoenix launcher and extract the files into your DAoC root folder
4. Run the phoenix.exe
If you want a custom UI, checkout this thread.
Phoenix requires additional apps on your computer; for 99% those should be installed and working already.
Some people might miss one or parts got damaged - especially for Windows 7 users.
As mentioned above, Windows XP and Vista clients are no longer supported with the latest updates.
Please check / install / repair the following runtimes:
.NET Framework 3.5: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=21
MS Visual C++ 2015: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145
C runtime: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... in-windows
Patcher & Startup Issues
- Error: Your account does not have access to this game.
- Error: Something interesting happened... Error 500
- Error: Some files have to be manually updated
- Issue: Launcher not appearing / Infinite patcher loop / Error starting phoenix.exe
- Error: Patcher unavailable. Shutting down.
- Error: Missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
- Error: Two factor authentication required. Please check your email (and spam folder).
- Error: User folder was not initialized
- Issue: Game client stuck on loading screen / "Hit ESC to exit game"
- Issue: Black screen when starting game
- Configure your antivirus software for Phoenix