Re: Merc build?

k3mra wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:57 pm
Why does it lower dmg? I thought the max dmg is caped or the benefits are heavily reduced above 61... if so then 44+11+6(rr7) would be enough to reach that
I have to admit, I only tested with Armsman Pole split spec which might be a different mechanic. So hitting a doll 400 times with each Merc spec might be the only clear answer.

Cami wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:18 pm
k3mra wrote:
Why does it lower dmg? I thought the max dmg is caped or the benefits are heavily reduced above 61... if so then 44+11+6(rr7) would be enough to reach that
I have to admit, I only tested with Armsman Pole split spec which might be a different mechanic. So hitting a doll 400 times with each Merc spec might be the only clear answer.
xD .. ok i will try to remember if i hit rr7 with my Merc some far away day ;)

Reviving a dead post....

I have leveled up with crush, and rely on the 6 sec stun for positionals. What about going 15 crush for bludgeon 6 sec stun...freeing up alot of slam spec points, maybe:

50 DW
44 Thrust
15 Crush
36 Parry

Or would the 15 spec in crush make it hard to hit the target?

If 15 crush is too low, would you need 50 (or 51) composite to maximize chance to hit?

If i can add my 2 cents:

- if you wanna run with groups 42 shield is a must,your role will be mainly peeleing and dmg.
- if you plan to solo most of the time,this is just my opinion, 50/50/28 works pretty fine,in 9/10 cases your enemies will purge stun + Dual Shadows is really nice style and easy to land.

- Debeli

k3mra wrote:

Total Phoenix noob here and it's been a while since I played live so I might be very wrong here. I remember from my time on a rr9+ nightshade that secondary weapon skills (Dw, Cs, CD, Two-hand) did not really ever cap on damage. Even at high RR, 50 + x CD or CS always provided more damage as well as more chance to avoid avoidance (hidden weapon skill that's not shown on the character sheet) than 44 or 39 specs. This was proven by independent testers at various points in live and I conducted my own limited tests that agree.

Whether or not there was diminishing returns after 61, I dont recall but if it was there, it wasnt a particularly strong effect.

Edit: This also depends on targets. Most of the testing I looked at and conducted was stealther vs stealther when high evade was an issue.