Re: Any chance of Hunters getting some love?

Amp_Phetamine wrote: Whole lot of QQ going on and paper DAoC theories.

You wanna know why 95% of the "suggestions" get ignored? Because it's a cesspool of "My class needs to be able to kill every type of opponent out there. If I cannot, you need to buff my class so it has the capability to do so". That's why nearly everything is ignored.
pets were nerfed only yesterday. of course this means, hunters pets are even worse than before.

still: realistically the only thing that seems possible for hunters is upping the dex/qui buff values to these:
http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/hunter.html

the low buff values and the weak pet lead to the state the hunter is in:
archery is great, but only to about 35 to 40 spec.
stealth is great, but only to about 34 to 37 spec.
BC is more or less worthless if you run dex/qui charges & AF charges & pots (the pet interrupts at low levels just fine and the run speed can be green).
leads to whole lot of spear (actually you would have points to go over 50 :p ), but in reality you never want to melee as an archer. if you do, better make a SB.

Lev wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

You wanna know why 95% of the "suggestions" get ignored? Because it's a cesspool of "My class needs to be able to kill every type of opponent out there. If I cannot, you need to buff my class so it has the capability to do so". That's why nearly everything is ignored.
pets were nerfed only yesterday. of course this means, hunters pets are even worse than before.

still: realistically the only thing that seems possible for hunters is upping the dex/qui buff values to these:

BC is more or less worthless if you run dex/qui charges & AF charges & pots (the pet interrupts at low levels just fine and the run speed can be green).
leads to whole lot of spear (actually you would have points to go over 50 :p ), but in reality you never want to melee as an archer. if you do, better make a SB.
Yeah, I was saddened to hear about the pet patch due to how bad the Hunter's pet already is. They certainly need some review and alterations, beast craft is certainly the best line to tweak and there's opportunity for improvement there.
Ampradium - Level 50 Mercenary
Legendary Master Weapon Crafter
Legendary Grand Master Armor Crafter
GM - Resident Evil

Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:57 pm
Lev wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Yeah, I was saddened to hear about the pet patch due to how bad the Hunter's pet already is. They certainly need some review and alterations, beast craft is certainly the best line to tweak and there's opportunity for improvement there.
Have to say I think BC and PF should go the route of 'live"
They killed those lines when they let buff pots be a thing.
Ceremon - 50 Luri Ranger - Shelved
Cerebeboned - 50 BD Farm
Cereberunnin - Skald - On hold
Cerebeblades - 50 Shar Ranger
Cerebeblind - Scout - made you use purge! HA!

Frostburn wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:26 am
Shot for around 1k with 2 arrows by a ranger not long ago on my skald , in a template... maybe lucky Crits ? Still seems like decent damage...
If you are losing vs an archer on a skald I cannot help you anymore. You have every tool to fuck up an archers life. And never ever have I been hit for 700-800 dmg with a critshot by any archer on my Thane or Hunter. And they are not even temped. And if it was lucky crits you would have seen it in the combat log.. no room for speculation. If you want to complain about something, you better pay attention to what actually happened.You don't even remember if it was a normal shot or a critshot or a normal shot that had additional crit damage....

And noone in this thread is complaining about archery damage. The thing is.. its only good for leeching. In 1on1 you are either engaged, rupted or your target runs out of bow range before he is dead. As a skald you have a 1500 range insta snare and everyone who roams solo should have a 1500 dd charge on an item. If you utilize those archers are free RP. If he attacks you on max range you only have to move 500 units closer or make two steps back and start spamming /rofl because he is out of range.
Guild: Midnight Sun
Torgen, Thane, 50
Snipeymcgimp, Hunter, 4x
Thorgen, Shaman, 3x