What setting / zone should the rest of the beta have?

Cathal Valley
Total votes: 100 (54%)
Normal Frontier
Total votes: 86 (46%)
Total votes: 186

Re: Setting / Zone for the rest of the beta

Sei wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:41 pm
This vote is flawed, basically most people that voted CV is because they play hib and doesnt want to run dl to emain.

Plus CV is add Fest and perfectly designed for archers

Give hib a port at bolg or smthg and you have 80% vote for emain.
WRONG, once again!
I voted CV and don't play Hib AT ALL. I just hated the population during NA playtime and like the better participation and easier action CV offers.
Stop making assumptions like this, and that the devs will all of a sudden add ports when they have said, and it's been repeated that they are NOT going to.
I swear, some people are pretty thick.
Go vote CV people..

Waygone wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:44 pm
Sei wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:41 pm
This vote is flawed, basically most people that voted CV is because they play hib and doesnt want to run dl to emain.

Plus CV is add Fest and perfectly designed for archers

Give hib a port at bolg or smthg and you have 80% vote for emain.
WRONG, once again!
I voted CV and don't play Hib AT ALL. I just hated the population during NA playtime and like the better participation and easier action CV offers.
Stop making assumptions like this, and that the devs will all of a sudden add ports when they have said, and it's been repeated that they are NOT going to.
I swear, some people are pretty thick.
Go vote CV people..
Ok so your justification IS about low pop time

CV is just a disaster at Prime Time eu because it s an non enjoyable zerg Fest.

We shall agree that CV Can be fine when population is low, but emain IS much needed when you have 3-4grp per realm roaming

I see where you're coming from Sei bit I'd much rather have the option to going to a different zone than NONE AT ALL..
If enough people hate the zone and move to emain, BOOM everyone's happy. Having CV by far outweighs not having CV in my opinion

defiasbandit wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:53 pm
It seems that the playerbase prefers battlegrounds over open world frontiers. They don't even want DAOC anymore.
Wow Menwyn,
Don't you read earlier posts? You still comparing what's going on now to DAOC as it's intended. I was on last night and it was ridiculous with 26 people on and Albs camping mids PK and no hibs around. Once again, you should know better. Maybe my expectations are too high. 😲

The best solution is to close Cathal valley and have the other 3 frontiers rotate.

One day its Mid, next day alb, next day hib.. This way players can player in the different frontiers. Just change the way the <Teleporter> works each day.
Bulldozing your world since 2018

as much as I would prefer a small map with equal access for all realms (and a smaller group-cap would be the best thing imaginable for me personally)...

I believe having access to stuff that is ruled out for server-launch will hurt the servers longterm. If the people play cathal for months now, they will want it even more after launch. Because people who hate it will leave and maybe alienate from the server and it will attract people to love it and then be more upset when it's gone.

Sepplord wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:54 pm
as much as I would prefer a small map with equal access for all realms (and a smaller group-cap would be the best thing imaginable for me personally)...

I believe having access to stuff that is ruled out for server-launch will hurt the servers longterm. If the people play cathal for months now, they will want it even more after launch. Because people who hate it will leave and maybe alienate from the server and it will attract people to love it and then be more upset when it's gone.
I agree.
Bulldozing your world since 2018

defiasbandit wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:35 pm
The best solution is to close Cathal valley and have the other 3 frontiers rotate.

One day its Mid, next day alb, next day hib.. This way players can player in the different frontiers. Just change the way the <Teleporter> works each day.
DAOC is a 3 realm game. As Phoenix is now, especially at evenings NA west coast time zone, it's pretty much just Albs and Mids playing. If you rotate it to Hadrians it will be just hib and mid. If you rotate it to Odins, it will be just Hibs and Albs. No need to keep it a 2 realm fight during these hours. Maybe if there was no realm switching you might get players to make the run. Most likely though, they would just not play..

defiasbandit wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:07 pm
Sepplord wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:54 pm

I agree.
So, you think i50, free gear, buffs, charges are all going to be available at launch? What about expectations when someone realizes they have to level ALL the way to 50 doing pve? If they finally realize they hate that all that stuffs gone, will they just leave?
Give people some credit please!