Re: Lack of Grouping - but is it the Game or the Player? TL'DR incoming...Move along please...I wrote it for me.

#21
Sepplord wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:24 am
Actually, no ... i don't.

I never claimed that it is impossible to study the game and learn moblocation and the best spots, i claimed that most people don't see any appeal in doing that. Especially since that knowledge could be patched useless any day

There has never been a significant patch that dramatically altered the landscape and location of mobs on this server. Like, ever.

Sepplord wrote: Btw. have fun finding a phoenix levelspot via "getting on the internet" or randomly exploring after building a levelgroup :lol: Your groupmembers will leave faster than if you had wiped.

Groups I set up or end up running DO have fun. A big reason why is that I took time to roam around a bit to learn the zones and mob spawns, and now I know of a lot of camps with different mob types. That way I can immediately drive the group to what will very likely be an untouched camp of 200% bonus mobs that isn't DF or PoC

Just because you're salty at the whole XP portion of the game doesn't mean that others can't have fun with it. In one post you state that you don't roam around solo looking for places to level then in a different post you say that the biggest reason for not starting groups is not knowing where to go with the group you are building.

You're your own worst enemy here.
Sheelbah, shiny new Hunter person
Plundrin DaBooty 50 raid warrior

Sheelba 50ranger, Babymetal 50hero, Mouser 50ns, Ningauble 50ment
All Hib toons frozen, thanks to FOTM relic surfers doubling the population and shitting on everything.

Re: Lack of Grouping - but is it the Game or the Player? TL'DR incoming...Move along please...I wrote it for me.

#22
You are making baseless assumptions...i am not salty at the XP situation at all. Levelling on phoenix has been quite fast for me, and as i mentioned earlier, due to my duties i can't commit to groups most of the time anyways. On top of that, i wouldn't even make new toons currently if there was an instant50 command. They could remove the ability to create and level new characters completely, and while i would think it to be a bad idea, it wouldn't change my gaming plans at all.
People like you that always assume a malicious agenda are far more problematic, just to give that "compliment" of yours back :lol:

That said:
There has never been a significant patch that dramatically altered the landscape and location of mobs on this server. Like, ever.
Going from OF to NF has changed everything in the frontier zones
The change to XP-Bonuses has heavily changed which spots are actually good XP-givers too

Disclaimer before you randomly try to shit on me again: I am not saying those changes should not have happened or that the staff is evil for putting them in. I am just stating the fact, that the XP-environment has already heavily changed before, and that it could happen again.

Groups I set up or end up running DO have fun. A big reason why is that I took time to roam around a bit to learn the zones and mob spawns, and now I know of a lot of camps with different mob types. That way I can immediately drive the group to what will very likely be an untouched camp of 200% bonus mobs that isn't DF or PoC
How does that relate to my post at all? I said groups that go exploring after being build would fall apart. You explicitly said that the exploring needs to be done solo just one comment before, yet suddenly take my statement out of the context you had already replied to. If you reread my previous comment carefully, you will see i also said "most". Most doesn't mean "All", so arising from the dark with your PvE knowledge about perfect spots somehow believing that devalues my comment is ridicolous. I am aware that there are people like you that enjoy travelling the world for hours, making maps or simply remembering all mobspots, their mobtype, their levelrange, their spawnrates etc...
Most people don't do that though.

So back to my original statement, maybe you understand it now, without accusing me of saltiness:
The biggest burden of being a groupleader isn't getting 8people together, it is knowing which spots to go, depending on the levelrange/classes of people that join

Feel free to disagree on that, but i would appreciate if you put some arguments in your next comment instead of just going of your personal bias and insults. Just an idea

Re: Lack of Grouping - but is it the Game or the Player? TL'DR incoming...Move along please...I wrote it for me.

#23
Sepplord wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:29 am
You are making baseless assumptions...i am not salty at the XP situation at all. Levelling on phoenix has been quite fast for me, and as i mentioned earlier, due to my duties i can't commit to groups most of the time anyways. On top of that, i wouldn't even make new toons currently if there was an instant50 command. They could remove the ability to create and level new characters completely, and while i would think it to be a bad idea, it wouldn't change my gaming plans at all.
People like you that always assume a malicious agenda are far more problematic, just to give that "compliment" of yours back :lol:

That said:
There has never been a significant patch that dramatically altered the landscape and location of mobs on this server. Like, ever.
Going from OF to NF has changed everything in the frontier zones
The change to XP-Bonuses has heavily changed which spots are actually good XP-givers too

Disclaimer before you randomly try to shit on me again: I am not saying those changes should not have happened or that the staff is evil for putting them in. I am just stating the fact, that the XP-environment has already heavily changed before, and that it could happen again.

Groups I set up or end up running DO have fun. A big reason why is that I took time to roam around a bit to learn the zones and mob spawns, and now I know of a lot of camps with different mob types. That way I can immediately drive the group to what will very likely be an untouched camp of 200% bonus mobs that isn't DF or PoC
How does that relate to my post at all? I said groups that go exploring after being build would fall apart. You explicitly said that the exploring needs to be done solo just one comment before, yet suddenly take my statement out of the context you had already replied to. If you reread my previous comment carefully, you will see i also said "most". Most doesn't mean "All", so arising from the dark with your PvE knowledge about perfect spots somehow believing that devalues my comment is ridicolous. I am aware that there are people like you that enjoy travelling the world for hours, making maps or simply remembering all mobspots, their mobtype, their levelrange, their spawnrates etc...
Most people don't do that though.

So back to my original statement, maybe you understand it now, without accusing me of saltiness:
The biggest burden of being a groupleader isn't getting 8people together, it is knowing which spots to go, depending on the levelrange/classes of people that join

Feel free to disagree on that, but i would appreciate if you put some arguments in your next comment instead of just going of your personal bias and insults. Just an idea
Mostly
OF/NF mobs have not changed
You just need move about a bit to find them
And pretty much all of the task dropping mobs have the new frontier locations posted on the guide by the players

Re: Lack of Grouping - but is it the Game or the Player? TL'DR incoming...Move along please...I wrote it for me.

#24
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:20 am
Mostly
OF/NF mobs have not changed
You just need move about a bit to find them
And pretty much all of the task dropping mobs have the new frontier locations posted on the guide by the players
What is your statement here:
That people that went through the learning proces, only had a small re-learning effort after the change and didn't have to start completely from scratch?

That doesn't change my opinion on why most people don't want to start an exp-group

Re: Lack of Grouping - but is it the Game or the Player? TL'DR incoming...Move along please...I wrote it for me.

#25
I proposed:

- Give Two-Hand or Polearm a PBAOE ability (not usable in RvR zones) & LW & celtic spear & spear & h2h & scythe & flexible. Equivalent to Wiz/SM/HibCasters
- Give Archery Volley ability (GTAOE) for group leveling. (not usable in RvR zones) Equivalent to RM/Wiz/Eld
- Give Assassin a poison AoE dot ability for solo leveling (not usable in RvR zones) Equivalent to Cab/Menta/Shaman

These would solve issue with leveling.
Never explain, never complain, never pander.

Re: Lack of Grouping - but is it the Game or the Player? TL'DR incoming...Move along please...I wrote it for me.

#27
Sepplord wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:29 am

So back to my original statement, maybe you understand it now, without accusing me of saltiness:
The biggest burden of being a groupleader isn't getting 8people together, it is knowing which spots to go, depending on the levelrange/classes of people that join

I actually agree with you 100% here. It IS more difficult to start and manage a group than to just spam lfg. Which is why I said that the people who roam around on their own a bit to have an idea where to take groups later on have much more success.

We're talking past one another I think. You keep saying why people tend to not start groups, and I keep offering advice on how to avoid the stress of knowing where to go if you DO start one.

And I admit, NF did indeed change mob locations so I was wrong there. That being said, My original advice was to search places OTHER than the frontiers for groups to avoid the stale PoC or DF content, and neither the classic nor SI zones have changed at all. The change in xp bonuses just means that more of those camps are now viable places to level, which is a GOOD thing.
Sheelbah, shiny new Hunter person
Plundrin DaBooty 50 raid warrior

Sheelba 50ranger, Babymetal 50hero, Mouser 50ns, Ningauble 50ment
All Hib toons frozen, thanks to FOTM relic surfers doubling the population and shitting on everything.

Re: Lack of Grouping - but is it the Game or the Player? TL'DR incoming...Move along please...I wrote it for me.

#28
Everyone else did what you always had to do - start groups or roll a farmer/support and trade favours with people. Heal and res somebody enough times and they won't be able to say no to helping you level a stealther or whatever other selfish class you want to play. The class provides nothing of value to the group, you must understand this.

XP items are also quite a viable way to level still.