Re: I need the stabby stabs (NS question)

Chihuahua wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:49 am
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:32 pm
flyingnehpets wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:27 pm
Thanks for the reply!

Why slow MH for initial PA? Would I not want a faster MH to land my CD stun that much quicker?

I have a lot of player crafted weapons with, I think, DoT procs. These sound like they are obsolete?
Also: Lifetap?! I don't remember LT procs. I will need to look in to this.

Again, thank you for the information :D

- FN
You definitely want to cap swing speed on Perf to nearly guarantee a successful CD stun. In addition, it serves you better to use the slowest possible weapon on the CD style because CD is multiplicative like most styles whereas Perf is additive.
Slower MH hits harder. Some people like faster weapons to land CD sooner, however i haven't had problems with a slow MH.
Also you asked about dot procs - i actually have them as my 11th and 12th weapons but rarely use them. Dot variance is too huge (you will need magic cap to reduce variance). I would take other procs over dot anytime.
Magic cap to reduce variance on a DoT weapon? I definitely missed that. Where is this info? If it's true I'm definitely interested in checking it out.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902

All you really need is Shadow Walkers Blade for the D/Q debuff, and a bunch of lifetap ROG blades. I carry about 8 on my NS, of varying speeds. If you for whatever reason want DoT procs, you can craft up a few of them also, but generally I would say LT is superior. Having a DA charge item is nice at times too, if you don't need to use a legion heal charge during a fight (Even though these aren't weapons).
Anberlin - Celt Ranger, Reigel - Elf Nightshade
Crossbreed - Norse Shadowblade
Amery - Briton Infiltrator (coming later)

The Skies Asunder wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 pm
All you really need is Shadow Walkers Blade for the D/Q debuff, and a bunch of lifetap ROG blades. I carry about 8 on my NS, of varying speeds. If you for whatever reason want DoT procs, you can craft up a few of them also, but generally I would say LT is superior. Having a DA charge item is nice at times too, if you don't need to use a legion heal charge during a fight (Even though these aren't weapons).
Thanks for the suggestion!

At what point would I pop the DA charge? I'm not sure I like the idea of using the DA charge over the Legion Heal. I haven't played yet so thi smay be a questionI can answer myself once I have some RvR under my belt again.

- FN
Last edited by flyingnehpets on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
- FN

flyingnehpets wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:30 pm
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 pm
Thanks for the suggestion!

At what point would I pop the DA charge? I'm not sure I like the idea of using the DA charge over the Legion Heal. I haven't played yet so thi smay be a questionI can answer myself once I have some RvR under my belt again.
Generally you would pop the DA charge right after Perf, or just before you attack someone if you can get away with having it up and then getting back into stealth. As for offhand weapons I would suggest LT as well. I like running the slowest possible offhand, but there way be some contention on reasons to do so.
Anberlin - Celt Ranger, Reigel - Elf Nightshade
Crossbreed - Norse Shadowblade
Amery - Briton Infiltrator (coming later)