Re: I need the stabby stabs (NS question)

Thanks for the reply!

Why slow MH for initial PA? Would I not want a faster MH to land my CD stun that much quicker?

I have a lot of player crafted weapons with, I think, DoT procs. These sound like they are obsolete?
Also: Lifetap?! I don't remember LT procs. I will need to look in to this.

Again, thank you for the information :D

- FN
- FN

flyingnehpets wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:27 pm
Thanks for the reply!

Why slow MH for initial PA? Would I not want a faster MH to land my CD stun that much quicker?

I have a lot of player crafted weapons with, I think, DoT procs. These sound like they are obsolete?

- FN
You definitely want to cap swing speed on Perf to nearly guarantee a successful CD stun. In addition, it serves you better to use the slowest possible weapon on the CD style because CD is multiplicative like most styles whereas Perf is additive.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902

Awesome, thank you for the reply!

Looks like I may need to tweak some items around. I'm fairly certain that my swing speed is not capped. I also seem to have built my template with a weaponless MH, but the OH was interchangeable with a Galla OH (I don't recall the name). Small tweaks and new weapons on the horizon. Hopefully I won't need to farm feathers for too much.

I appreciate the replies!
- FN
- FN

flyingnehpets wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:30 pm

Looks like I may need to tweak some items around. I'm fairly certain that my swing speed is not capped. I also seem to have built my template with a weaponless MH, but the OH was interchangeable with a Galla OH (I don't recall the name). Small tweaks and new weapons on the horizon. Hopefully I won't need to farm feathers for too much.

- FN
Np. I had originally temped around the Galla 20% haste OH myself, but then I realized that was stupid and just started temping around a crafted 20% haste OH. Now I'm fully weaponless and completely capped regardless of the MH in a full LT suit, which was a bitch to farm for.

Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:51 pm
flyingnehpets wrote:

- FN
Np. I had originally temped around the Galla 20% haste OH myself, but then I realized that was stupid and just started temping around a crafted 20% haste OH. Now I'm fully weaponless and completely capped regardless of the MH in a full LT suit, which was a bitch to farm for.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Full Lifetap suit? When did that become and thing and how reliable is it? I'm currently running 3 ablative and 3 heal. I always wanted to try a DoT suit but that feels like something I would test at a higher RR.

Also, this SB post about buffs and charges, can I apply it as a Nightshade?

- FN
- FN

flyingnehpets wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:50 pm
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:51 pm
flyingnehpets wrote:

- FN
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Full Lifetap suit? When did that become and thing and how reliable is it? I'm currently running 3 ablative and 3 heal. I always wanted to try a DoT suit but that feels like something I would test at a higher RR.

Also, this SB post about buffs and charges, can I apply it as a Nightshade?

- FN
I haven't really tested the Lifetap suit extensively yet, and no it's not the 'meta' yet, so don't worry about it. The reason I brought it up is because with a single crafted weapon I can temp around I can still get a capped suit even with something as notoriously hard as 4 ROG armor pieces (plus glove and boot MP pieces). It's pretty easy here on Phoenix.

Regarding the SB thread definitely pay attention to what the other realms are saying about what they use and don't use. Especially in the case of Assassins your tactics are fairly universal.

Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:32 pm
flyingnehpets wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

- FN
You definitely want to cap swing speed on Perf to nearly guarantee a successful CD stun. In addition, it serves you better to use the slowest possible weapon on the CD style because CD is multiplicative like most styles whereas Perf is additive.
Slower MH hits harder. Some people like faster weapons to land CD sooner, however i haven't had problems with a slow MH.
Also you asked about dot procs - i actually have them as my 11th and 12th weapons but rarely use them. Dot variance is too huge (you will need magic cap to reduce variance). I would take other procs over dot anytime.

Chihuahua wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:49 am
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:32 pm
flyingnehpets wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

- FN
Slower MH hits harder. Some people like faster weapons to land CD sooner, however i haven't had problems with a slow MH.
Also you asked about dot procs - i actually have them as my 11th and 12th weapons but rarely use them. Dot variance is too huge (you will need magic cap to reduce variance). I would take other procs over dot anytime.
JFYI PA styledmg isn't influenced by weaponspeed, using a slow weapon for PA only cripples you