Re: Potential Melee DPS Bug

gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:03 pm
Horus wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:58 pm
Thanks for the clarification. One other thing in reviewing the link about. Regarding archery and 2H. There are two values in the formulas for "SPEC". One is for 2HBONUS:
TWOHANDBONUS = 1.10 + 0.005 * SPEC

and one in DAMAGE MODIFIER:

DAMAGE_MODIFIER = LEVEL
* DAMAGE_TABLE / 10
* (1 + 0.01 * STATS)
* (0.9 + 0.1 * MAX(1, STRENGTH_RELIC_COUNT))
* (0.75 + 0.5 * MIN(ENEMY_LEVEL + 1, SPEC - 1) / (ENEMY_LEVEL + 1).

When it comes to Archery are both of these SPEC entries the total composite archery spec value? Are either capped? I just get a little confused when everyone talks about the "52 composite spec" as being the ceiling.
SPEC = composite spec, uncapped. The reason for 52 being the cap in case of 50 vs 50 is MIN(ENEMY_LEVEL + 1, SPEC - 1), if the enemy is 50 then it's MIN(51, SPEC -1) meaning at most 52 of your composite spec are taken into account for that part against level 50 opponents. If the enemy is 75, e. g. high level epic pve mobs, the effective composite spec cap against those would be 76.
Thanks, that clears things up for me. So there is a benefit to speccing greater than 52 in Archery to get an increased 2Hbonus but it is pretty muted as that value is multiplied by .005. I was reviewing the Damage Table wiki and there was in interesting blurb:

https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Table

Factor 22

Mercenary - Slash, Crush, Thrust and Staff
Scout - Archery * 2)
Armsman - Slash, Crush, Thrust, Staff, Two Handed, Polearm and Crossbow
Vampiir - Piercing
Blademaster - Blades, Blunt and Piercing
Hero - Blades, Blunt and Piercing, Large Weapons and Celtic Spear
Ranger - Archery * 2)
Hunter - Archery * 2)

Savage - Staff
Berserker - Axes, Swords, Hammers, Staff and Thrown
Warrior - Staff and Thrown "

2) The bow factor is only used to display it as weapon skill, since archery has been changed to be a magic attack.

I suspect some of the ongoing concern/questions about archery comes from the fact that Phoenix is using a current "Live" melee dmg formula for archery that is really not intended to be used by archery as it is considered a magic attack on "Live". I think for a classic inspired server it would be better to leverage a formula for archery that was used when it was still considered a physical attack.

Hello,

Thank you for the response.
I went to the website linked for the combat formulas, but I still cant get the math for the Damage_Modifier to work out correctly. I was hoping someone could show me where I am messing up my math.

I had my 50 Warden attack a 50 Bard.
Warden: 173 Strength, 52 Composite Blades, 18 Damage Table from here
Bard: 100 AF / Slot, 19% Absorb, 23% Slash Resist

From the Website:

Code: Select all

ENEMY_ARMOR = (20 + (ITEM_USEABLE_AF + (ENEMY_SPEC_AF_BONUS / 5) + (ENEMY_TOA_AF_BONUS / 5)) * ITEM_QUALITY * ITEM_CONDITION) / (1 - ITEM_ABSORB)
With the Baseline AF Buff, and obviously no TOA modifiers:

ENEMY_ARMOR = (20 +(100 AF)) / (1 - 19%) = 148.15

DAMAGE_MODIFIER = LEVEL * DAMAGE_TABLE / 10 * (1 + 0.01 * STATS) * (0.9 + 0.1 * MAX(1, STRENGTH_RELIC_COUNT)) * (0.75 + 0.5 * MIN(ENEMY_LEVEL + 1, SPEC - 1) / (ENEMY_LEVEL + 1) + 0.01 * RANDOM(50)) / ENEMY_ARMOR * (1 - ENEMY_BUFFED_ABSORB) * (1 - ENEMY_RESISTANCE)
Note STATS above is Str / 2 per prior linked website

With only 1 Str Relic:

DAMAGE_MODIFIER = 50 * 18 / 10 * (1 + 0.01 * 173/2) * (0.9 + 0.1 * 1) * (0.75 + 0.5 * 51 / 51 + 0.01 * 25) / 148.15 * (1-0) * (1-23%) = 1.308
When I hit the Bard, I consistently had a Damage Modifier of 904.
Im pretty sure the reported Damage Modifier in the combat log is 1000x the above calculated.
However, 904 is significantly lower than the 1308 that I expected to see.

Did I do math wrong somewhere on what I predicted my Damage Modifier would be?

Thank you for your help!

jcambros wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:40 am
From the Website:

ENEMY_ARMOR = (20 + (ITEM_USEABLE_AF + (ENEMY_SPEC_AF_BONUS / 5) + (ENEMY_TOA_AF_BONUS / 5)) * ITEM_QUALITY * ITEM_CONDITION) / (1 - ITEM_ABSORB)
With the Baseline AF Buff, and obviously no TOA modifiers:

ENEMY_ARMOR = (20 +(100 AF)) / (1 - 19%) = 148.15
Did I do math wrong somewhere on what I predicted my Damage Modifier would be?

Thank you for your help!
Use a different inherent AF value: Try 45 / 50 * defender level instead of 20 for the enemy armor, in case of pendragon use defender level. Also use 33 as the resist (23 + 10 from studded vs slash) and use up to 5% aka 0.05 for relics (although that wouldn't apply in case of 1 relic). That gets me to 0.94, if I use 102 ie assume the bard is rr5 it's 0.929, however, if I also add the 3 slash racial from celts and assume 100 af I end up at 0.9. If you already included the 3% in your 23% resist it would be something else that's missing.

And yes, the damage modifier in the combat log is * 1000 for display purposes making 3000 the cap for players.