Re: I had hope when I read that phoenix 'balanced' the classes

As someone who has played hunter on Live, Uthgard and Genesis/Origins, I can say that it is incredibly difficult to play a hunter here. With the HP increase, bow damage has been effectively nerfed. Spear damage is decent, but you swing so slow (always have a pet out vs an opponent, it cuts their evade rate by 10%).

Assassins are insanely overpowered on this server, and while others in this thread tell all archers are gimped, scouts have very useful shield slam and block rate, and rangers have crazy melee damage with duel wield.

What hunters need is an attack speed reduction off one move (instead of off evade chain + 2) to counter the assasins crazily overpowered weapon skill debuff and whatever that str/con debuff is that knocks off 500 of my hitpoints when I fight them.

The hunter's dog should also proc disease, that would at least balance hunters vs other classes.

alrdy 3 pages and i didnt find this thread yet....

ok first of all hunters are not that bad! in fact they are in a very good position on this server right now.
but there are some things that are important to compete in stealther battle.

-forget bow spec
-slowest weapons are good is a myth
-forget sword spec

so what does that mean?
specwise is suggest something like this

42bc
27 bow
35 stealth
47 spear

you need a high melee spec to do any dmg and to also be able to reduce evade a little bit, but with your pet you are able to reduce assassins evade to ~28% anyway.
you only need your bow for critshot and finishing, rapid fire is totally useless and a waste of spec points.
high bc for red shield, yellow dex/quick and ofc highest pet.

dont bother too much about RAs like mastery of arms, it wont help you very much. better get ROG spears with 3.9 and 4.3 speed and get close to 250 quick.
use attack speed reduce styles like perforate and extended reach.
use dex/quick debuff charges.

its important to have as much HP as possible so i suggest to take the dwarf race as hunter (also eyepatch helps alot)
toughness RA is your friend.
IP3-4 is you friend.

get a crafted vest with DA proc besides TG vest for switching during fights, so you can have DA without charging it. its far more important to dex/quick debuff enemys.
dont use legions heart its a waste (only 120 heal with desease)

if you have more questions feel free to write me a pm or call me in game (horg)

inoeth wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:22 am

ok first of all hunters are not that bad! in fact they are in a very good position on this server right now.

-forget bow spec
-forget sword spec

so what does that mean?

42bc
27 bow
35 stealth
47 spear

you need a high melee spec to do any dmg and to also be able to reduce evade a little bit, but with your pet you are able to reduce assassins evade to ~28% anyway.
you only need your bow for critshot and finishing, rapid fire is totally useless and a waste of spec points.

dont bother too much about RAs like mastery of arms, it wont help you very much. better get ROG spears with 3.9 and 4.3 speed and get close to 250 quick.

its important to have as much HP as possible so i suggest to take the dwarf race as hunter (also eyepatch helps alot)
IP3-4 is you friend.

get a crafted vest with DA proc besides TG vest for switching during fights, so you can have DA without charging it. its far more important to dex/quick debuff enemys.

So your solution is to play a gimp melee stealther because it’s 2hand melee and relay on high rr and ip3 to fight low rr assassins and casters, instead of fixing the main weapon of the archetype?

Why not roll SB and forget LA spec, you would do more damage and have it easier than a hunter as a 2handed SB. Yes hunters will have slightly higher base dmg if all is the same (patch 1.5x if that is live here or not I’m not sure tbh) but the SB gets better stealth (QOL for Phoenix sneaks except for archers), envenom debuffs, DOT dmg, and CS styles have higher GR and pop bubbles.

gromet12 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 pm
inoeth wrote:

-forget bow spec
-forget sword spec

so what does that mean?

42bc
27 bow
35 stealth
47 spear

IP3-4 is you friend.

So your solution is to play a gimp melee stealther because it’s 2hand melee and relay on high rr and ip3 to fight low rr assassins and casters, instead of fixing the main weapon of the archetype?

Why not roll SB and forget LA spec, you would do more damage and have it easier than a hunter as a 2handed SB. Yes hunters will have slightly higher base dmg if all is the same (patch 1.5x if that is live here or not I’m not sure tbh) but the SB gets better stealth (QOL for Phoenix sneaks except for archers), envenom debuffs, DOT dmg, and CS styles have higher GR and pop bubbles.
why roll these lame ass archers classes at all?????

gromet12 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 pm
inoeth wrote:

-forget bow spec
-forget sword spec

so what does that mean?

42bc
27 bow
35 stealth
47 spear

IP3-4 is you friend.

nobody forces you to play hunter, imo hunters are very strong if played correctly which is not full bow spec (i always hated the archer changes on live servers, always played melee hunter). btw stealth is the same for all here.
the good thing is you can be full melee and still kill with your bow because the last crit shot is at 27 skill ... i really dont understand why some ppl want to dump all their skillpoints into bow so hard and gimp all others skill lines ;D well if you do so then you can not argue hunters being gimped, its you then.

Just for the sake of completion:

Stealth is not fully equal, but still equivalent (<- last i also had to think a bit before realising)

If you want to HUNT stealthers, then archers have an advantage, because they can see everyone at an increased range. An archer has a much easier time finding assassins than assassins do.
If you want to AVOID stealthers, then assassins have an advantage, because they are only seen at an increased range by archers. An assassins has a much easier time stealthing through an area with enemy assassins undetected.

Shortee wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:31 am
I played live, played uthgard and now phoenix. Every time its the same thing. Players laugh at how gimped hunters are. Its a wonder that game devs don't see this because everyone playing seems to agree. On live, hunters were useless. On uthgard hunters were useless. Now here on phoenix its just the same thing. Its very depressing because I don't group, run into nightshades, infiltrators, rangers and scouts and die everytime- yes EVERYTIME. hunters die to easily. Its not hard to figure out but I guess it must be hard to fix because no server has successfully "balanced" the classes. The only good thing i see here is it only took me 3 months to find out this time instead of 10! thanks for the attempt phoenix but until the classes are truly balanced - this game will be nothing but a waste of time and depressing. Anyone that says they're fine how they are is either someone that never played a solo hunter or someone that wants hunters to remain easy kills.
I play a hunter and have no problems at all (nearly RR6).
In an equal situation (both same RA and all active RA's ready) I can kill nearly every class (including melee stealther).
There are some classes I might not want to INC on (eg warrior in melee) but thats the game since 20 years.
At first I wanted to say "Don't attack Warriors" but thats not even true, if played well you can outkite a warrior easily (as long as nobody is adding).

They slightly buffed the Hunter (spear / pet dmg and highest pet has speed 1) and made it absolutely playable.

Please provide more information (race, spec, RAs, etc.) and search for help.
You need to understand that YOU are the problem, not the class. Otherwise you won't improve.

Either your spec, RA's, temp, playstyle or skill are not as good as it could be. According to what you said, most if not all of these points can be improved.

Sepplord wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:39 am

Stealth is not fully equal, but still equivalent (<- last i also had to think a bit before realising)

If you want to HUNT stealthers, then archers have an advantage, because they can see everyone at an increased range. An archer has a much easier time finding assassins than assassins do.
If you want to AVOID stealthers, then assassins have an advantage, because they are only seen at an increased range by archers. An assassins has a much easier time stealthing through an area with enemy assassins undetected.
no assassins and archers have both the same stealth

inoeth wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:40 pm
Sepplord wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:39 am

no assassins and archers have both the same stealth
Should read up on the QOL changes

http://playphoenix.wiki/stealth-changes/

And archers lost camo, get no benefit from MOS (like others) but MOS was a tool that allowed archers to get their openings off while on a sneak it allowed them to see archers further to avoid if needed, but didn't change the sins vs sin combat.

All same sin vs sin 125
Sin vs rest 250
Archer vs all 125
Mini vs all 125

So it’s not equal, archers and minis have detect at half the range of sins and camo which slowed the archer to get into position if not in pvp last 10mins was removed from the archer. The mini and the sins gained the most from the QOL stealth adjustments.