Mouette wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:01 am
Sepplord wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:57 pm
Mouette wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:13 pm
[...]
Do you use the turn keys often?

I had the same (basic) setup very long, until i got rid of turning, put Strafe on a/d which opened up Q and E for keybinds.

Now Q/E are my most used Skills on all chars
The turn key are used to stop facing a target without moving so I can continue to cast. Is there another way to stop facing without moving forward or backward ?
Jump
Korkskrew

Re: Post your Bard keybind

bigne88 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:10 pm
vxr wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:05 pm
bigne88 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:31 pm
Bards are always in need and I feel like sharing our "smart" qbind solutions might help some new fel
Nice of you for sharing.
A: backpedal;
S: forward;
This would drive me crazy. Maybe A for back and Q for forward, but having back and forward horizontally aligned instead of vertically......
It sounds awfull indeed, but it actually came natural pretty fast. I have this combo of buttons cuz it helps with the ghost-walk trick when you try to land a side or back style on a target sticking you.

How many times do you strafe or jump during a fight? Not that often. If you strafe you go slower, so it is really the worst thing you can use, ever. I never jump too.

Long time ago I had the greatest daoc advice: try unbind your strafe buttons and you will discover that you actually dont need them at all.
Strafing is 100% bad, because it makes you slower.
Unbind them and you will free up 2 comfortable buttons.
If you aren't a melee class you could even unbind backpedal. Why backpedaling slowly when you can turn?
Second biggest advice was to bind the /face to the most comfortable qbind.
strafe is a false movement in almost all scenarios. First advice I give to anyone is take off strafe,learn to noqeueue, and Jump after you face
Korkskrew

Re: Post your Bard keybind

bigne88 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:10 pm
It sounds awfull indeed, but it actually came natural pretty fast. I have this combo of buttons cuz it helps with the ghost-walk trick when you try to land a side or back style on a target sticking you.
What is the ghost-walk trick?

I have heard people talk about how easy it is to hit people with a side style but I have not been able to do it.