Re: Changes to leveling

Torye wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:22 pm
It was just easier to level before by yourself or in a group. I still don't understand why it's been changed.
Not true, nothing change until 20 (2 hours needed, 1 or 2 levels are now free with tokens (3 or 4 if u have friend or another char ^^))
20-35 faster (Token+unlimited XP items, no need to move to another spot when u have 1 stack ^^ now 2 differents mobs enough to up 33, grims+frogs on alb for example)

After 35 its incredibly faster than before, before need 2-3 weeks stick to BG lead to up 50, now 1 week enough (with tokens and possibility to buy 50 or 100 xp same item only with money earn in RVR, creams are cheap on alb for example)

Now u said "easier" not "faster", maybe more hard to find group right (/who 10 20 return 5 sometimes so stop searching something doesn't exist anymore :p )
and maybe boring to hit the same mob during 2 hours (but much faster !) and don't forget if u don't like XP, once 35, XP is finished for u :) so is it a great sacrifice to spend half day hitting the same mob again and again and never hit a mob anymore next years ? ^^

falcon wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:15 pm
Torye wrote:
It was just easier to level before by yourself or in a group. I still don't understand why it's been changed.
Not true, nothing change until 20 (2 hours needed, 1 or 2 levels are now free with tokens (3 or 4 if u have friend or another char ^^))
20-35 faster (Token+unlimited XP items, no need to move to another spot when u have 1 stack ^^ now 2 differents mobs enough to up 33, grims+frogs on alb for example)

After 35 its incredibly faster than before, before need 2-3 weeks stick to BG lead to up 50, now 1 week enough (with tokens and possibility to buy 50 or 100 xp same item only with money earn in RVR, creams are cheap on alb for example)

Now u said "easier" not "faster", maybe more hard to find group right (/who 10 20 return 5 sometimes so stop searching something doesn't exist anymore :p )
and maybe boring to hit the same mob during 2 hours (but much faster !) and don't forget if u don't like XP, once 35, XP is finished for u :) so is it a great sacrifice to spend half day hitting the same mob again and again and never hit a mob anymore next years ? ^^
Considering you probably have not leveled w/o assistance from your mains (cash/gold/etc etc) you do not know how the changes truly hit new players. I lvl'd SOLO 1-50 in the previous setup finishing just prior to the changes as a fresh new player to the server, I'm now helping a friend on a different realm and the leveling is worse than prior, this is while getting a 40% social bonus between our characters. It is faster than it was years ago on life, but still, the purpose of this game is not to spend time grinding to lvl 50, so it should be made easier to get to 50 not harder. When server population is going down, that is the opposite logic that should be applied.

falcon wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:15 pm
Torye wrote:

Nope, I meant what I said. It was easier to get to fifty before this change. I don't need to level another toon so I am good, but I would like to have new players enjoy their leveling. Again, I don't mean to harp on this, but your reason for liking this change is because you can make more money and Jack up prices for items you farm. I'm cool with that, it just doesn't change the fact that it was more pleasant to level on the other system for most people.

gromet12 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:16 pm

Considering you probably have not leveled w/o assistance from your mains (cash/gold/etc etc) you do not know how the changes truly hit new players.
Wrong I post guide in alb folder to up 50 in 24H with 0 gold starting 0 level (of course u need another char to help a bit but level 20 enough)
Just explain me how XP could be slower when DEV added 2 cheat modes (token+unlimited xp item) to up faster ?
Torye wrote: your reason for liking this change is because you can make more money and Jack up prices for items you farm. I'm cool with that, it just doesn't change the fact that it was more pleasant to level on the other system for most people.
Wrong again, never was so poor now I understood each gold earned = XP so tell me the interest to have 200P I prefer 100x have 20 levels 50 and swap depending my humor ^^ each XP item drop are now for one of my toon (and it explain maybe why price are so expensive, and hard to find XP item anymore, farmer keep them for their chars ^^)

I farm dunters today for my next TWF (0 avaiable marketplace or 1P/10 not mines ^^)

My only treasure are Feathers earn in RVR (about 500000 I do Sidi once a year...) never sold 1 , to do what ? (if I sold them one day it will be to do 10 more levels 50 but I have already too much :p )

Again I don't understand the sentence "XP was more pleasant with old system" ? because u XP in group with fun during 3 months instead of 3 hours solo ? :p (its the only answer I would accept :p )

falcon wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:49 am
gromet12 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:16 pm

Considering you probably have not leveled w/o assistance from your mains (cash/gold/etc etc) you do not know how the changes truly hit new players.
Wrong I post guide in alb folder to up 50 in 24H with 0 gold starting 0 level (of course u need another char to help a bit but level 20 enough)
Just explain me how XP could be slower when DEV added 2 cheat modes (token+unlimited xp item) to up faster ?

So again you farm drops on another character and just PLd yourself by pre farming drops and purchasing them.

You like the system because it makes you wealthy as a pver in a game not really exciting for pve. Someone in old system go get 1 turn ins quickly farmed and get almost a lvl of xp the new system is horrible. If the token turn ins worked the same that would be fine, however they are like half of what 10 stack turn in would give in the old system.

Turned in 23 metal studs yesterday at 36, after farming non stop goblins from 31 (hours here), not even enough for a lvl if I wasn’t already close to 37
Last edited by gromet12 on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sepplord wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:49 pm
don't waste your efforts arguing with falcon, it's a waste of time
Half of his up50 in 24 hours is contradicted by himself. No more items on market to buy. So now all the plat you are rolling in is useless regarding buying drops to give to alts...so you just doubled your time to level.
Last edited by gotwqqd on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gromet12 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 pm

So again you farm drops on another character and just PLd yourself by pre farming drops and purchasing them.
Turned in 23 metal studs yesterday at 36, after farming non stop goblins from 31 (hours here), not even enough for a lvl if I wasn’t already close to 37
Only to have various pleasure and divide the time to up by 3 or 4, but if u want only 1 char (totally madness, before & after changes, from the beginning of this game we need always another char to help main ones to equip and now to up , only change)

You can do the same with only 1 char, but only need more time and probably boring ^^ (spent 1H yesterday to up 15-20, happy xp is now finished for me ^^)

You have the choice to up a farm char to 20 in 2 hours and main char to 35 in 4 hours or only main char in 12h, do what u want if u like waste your time (and once 50 u realize u need a farm char to equip your main :p )

And once again its totally masochism to keep on killing mobs after 35 when you can up twice a day for free every day in RVR ^^

As I said in another thread, u need only 2 or 3 differents xp items to up your main char (all farmed by your level 20+ you need to buy 0 items...) if you really want to up 50 in less 24h spears + cream are very common & cheap all cabal farm them non stop, for 30g each but you waste your money, up is already too fast in NF (and if u don't like to stick just need to kill 1 blue/hour in frontier and give 50 soil to supply every 30mn to up one level a day (2 if u stick and do few rvr task (towers, guards, defend...))

Don't forget all I do is to up fast your main char from 20 to 35 (the worst levels) so finally you will play your main char 99,9% of time (0-20 and 35-50 RR0-RR10 this year :p ) need to sacrifice 4h of your life with a farm char for that, I think it is not a so great sacrifice, so stop whining thx :)

Torye wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:17 pm
I just want to make sure new players don't listen to his crazy talk. That's the only reason I reply.
Yay, i fully agree with you!
I've to admit, i gave up responding to falcon's stuff, but of course you are right, can't have him have the last word, cause everybody else is tired of responding to him, else people will think thats the common opinion he's posting *lol*