Re: Changes to leveling

Silentsam wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:32 pm

I have been ingame already 3 hours spamming /lfg and there are no groups, I have solo'd 3 bulbs of exp farming constantly oj's near fens with 200% so called xp bonus..

its broken, it needs fixing, its that simple man.

Cant believe how argumentative people are about this topic... crazy stuff, I guess its marmite, love it or hate it kinda thing.

I'm super casual as well yet I've soloed up two toons to 50 since the change. I found it easier doing those 2 than when I did my 1st at server start.
My technique for what it is worth...

Concentrate on mobs that drop task items 1st. Concentrate on YELLOW mobs. The exp is just more efficient than orng. Get to kill task level 1 (15 mobs). If it is a good easy camp, go to the next tier (31 mobs). Change camps to get the next 15...etc.
I don't even bother looking for a group actively. If a spot opens, great but might as well be killing while you are looking. Don't have a lot of time? Once you hit all the camps you can to get the 15, log out and come back in the next day after the tasks reset.

As so as possible I hit the frontier. There are some great spots for low lev behind the relic gates. Collect frontier items (snow branches etc) and tinders as well as exp items. You will be ganked eventually when you venture out but who cares?

Turn in eggs, branches, task coins, exp items as you get them. Just rinse and repeat moving to yellow camps as need be, getting as many of the easy 15/31 mob kill rewards as you can. If you find a camp you like with a big mob bonus, stick there for a while.

I know this solo technique is better for some classes than others but since HQ drops are so common, and once you have some tinders...any class should be able to do this. you will be 50 in no time. I don't even try orange mobs until in my 40s and only if they are a convenient, easy camp.

As a casual player, I came back after a couple months off. Certain classes are gimped because they cannot get into XP groups. I rolled a Cabalist and even with a week and a half of casual play I made it to level 41. However it's still slower than it used to be. Give solo players an option to grind up to RVR, give us catacombs or something. Imagine trying to level up a stealther class, unless you get a group that is willing to take you on, you're SOL or farming to buy XP task items.

Thesoldier wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:16 pm
As a casual player, I came back after a couple months off. Certain classes are gimped because they cannot get into XP groups. I rolled a Cabalist and even with a week and a half of casual play I made it to level 41. However it's still slower than it used to be. Give solo players an option to grind up to RVR, give us catacombs or something. Imagine trying to level up a stealther class, unless you get a group that is willing to take you on, you're SOL or farming to buy XP task items.
I’ve recruited my 9 year old to level up the assassins

gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:36 pm
Wasted_Content wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:13 pm
C) Increase task rewards as tasks level up. (B and C would also increase the value of Task Tokens, making them another gold sink, but also making them more rewarding to turn in more often)
The entire premise of the daily resetting tasks is that it acts as some kind of rested xp / making the first hour or two of playtime the most valuable each day. If the rewards kept increasing, or there would be no increasing requirements, time spent would basically be all that matters.
SOLO-PLAY:
that is the point :) the first 1 or 2h a day. for casual play its all fine, if u dont have time or fun to play longer this toon, fine... at the end u will be 50 with ~25h played, took a month or something like this but its ~25h played.
with the old system it doesnt count that way.... i was after ~20-24h played 50, if i wanted in 1-2 days. now i need 30-35h or more!? u need to know much over ur realm and plan ur xp route, where are which tasks, where are which mobs, switch to si/dungeons/.... to get the tasks...
so at the end the casual/1-2h a day player need the same time as befor or will be maybe a little faster, the guy who plays, at the weekend, his toon for 6h will need more time as befor...

I don't care how it works now, but I still can't understand this change :)

I just started here and I am considering going to the live server. I first went there so I don't have to deal with the slow xp here. At least there I have a couple 50's already. I originally went there and saw that Phoenix was supposed to be better and it was set up so you didn't have to spend days getting to 50. Obviously I saw an old post because that is no longer true.

Dsai wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:20 am
I just started here and I am considering going to the live server. I first went there so I don't have to deal with the slow xp here. At least there I have a couple 50's already. I originally went there and saw that Phoenix was supposed to be better and it was set up so you didn't have to spend days getting to 50. Obviously I saw an old post because that is no longer true.
Makes no sense. You write you went to live so you do not have to deal with the slow xp here and then you are surprised about the bad xp? Perhaps you can improve with your troll/qq posts in the future since this is your first one.