Re: November 2019: XP, QoL and Balance Changes

Slash wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:06 pm
Hello community,

I'm surprised there are not more posts about those fail changes...on melees, hybrids, and stuff...(HP buff, resistful etc) Without even considering the piercing implementation and the power balance patch...who both came way before that hp buff on live server. Something's wrong there.

I mean, to be clear, as an example :

Yesterday you kill a 6L+ BM who slams you, by using purge, pets snaring, 4 lifetaps and 5 casts, ending with 30-40%hp (on a 9L+ BD) Close fight.

Today, you wake up and hit the same target. You have inc on him. Pets disease and snare. You hit 11 casts for 200-250 and 5 lifetaps for 150-200. BM uses pots, heart of legion, and IP in the end. (after 3-4 more nukes) You run out of power. BM runs away and....you have not hastener speed anymore and are out of power...you run away too... BM Did not even hit you once !

Means you cant win a 1v1 on an hybrid (aye BM is considered hybrid) as a 9L+ BD ?

Not complaining at all about BD, or casters, or whatever. Just sayin this HP buff for no reason (indeed, none cried for it, but i guess some GM's might be playing mid melee right now, am i wrong ? :p) is totally unbalanced. And you obscured piercing patch and power percentage balance before going for it.
I'm sorry but that whole sh it makes no sense.

Your server, your rules i guess. But that will be without me that way.
Thanks for the good job till here, this one is a fail though. I sent every of you GM's about that before, only Clockwork answered me. Guess i got my answer.
See you around take care
this is quite an exaggeration. At best you're only looking at an extra 500-600 xp. That's like two-three extra casts. Even if there is a power issue, literally everyone is running with three power uses.. At least anyone who's reached rr9. My hero went from 2300-2800hp depending on who's buffing me and how much moa they have. It's made almost zero difference on debuff trains, which was the supposed reason, most players who run the debuff trains are rr7 plus so it may give your healer an extra second to get one heal off so you don't instantly die but then they just out burst your healers anyway. Even on a 1v1, most pet casters should still have zero issues with a straight melee enemy. Especially a bd.

Forlornhope wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:38 am
Slash wrote:
this is quite an exaggeration. At best you're only looking at an extra 500-600 xp. That's like two-three extra casts. Even if there is a power issue, literally everyone is running with three power uses.. At least anyone who's reached rr9. My hero went from 2300-2800hp depending on who's buffing me and how much moa they have. It's made almost zero difference on debuff trains, which was the supposed reason, most players who run the debuff trains are rr7 plus so it may give your healer an extra second to get one heal off so you don't instantly die but then they just out burst your healers anyway. Even on a 1v1, most pet casters should still have zero issues with a straight melee enemy. Especially a bd.
It´s more than an extra 500-600 hp. Heals (IP, charge, pot) make it twice to 3x the amount. +1x for your Hero´s moose. So we´re looking at power /uses vs. heal /uses.

If debuff nuking is the problem then nerf debuffs for god´s sake. But to have a (non-debuff) caster or two spend their whole power bar (if allowed to cast freely) and still not be able to kill a tank is stupid beyond measure. Trying to balance this around 2-3 casters assisting on a debuffed target does break it for everybody else. If they are to survive this how would they even care about anything with less damage?

Forlornhope wrote:
That's the thing though...if it is supposed to nerf debuff-assist-nuking then the change is really weird. It does effect debuff-nukers in a fullgroup the least and has huge impact on all soloers / smallman / etc....

Forlornhope wrote:
Slash wrote:
Hello community,

I'm surprised there are not more posts about those fail changes...on melees, hybrids, and stuff...(HP buff, resistful etc) Without even considering the piercing implementation and the power balance patch...who both came way before that hp buff on live server. Something's wrong there.

I mean, to be clear, as an example :

Yesterday you kill a 6L+ BM who slams you, by using purge, pets snaring, 4 lifetaps and 5 casts, ending with 30-40%hp (on a 9L+ BD) Close fight.

Today, you wake up and hit the same target. You have inc on him. Pets disease and snare. You hit 11 casts for 200-250 and 5 lifetaps for 150-200. BM uses pots, heart of legion, and IP in the end. (after 3-4 more nukes) You run out of power. BM runs away and....you have not hastener speed anymore and are out of power...you run away too... BM Did not even hit you once !

Means you cant win a 1v1 on an hybrid (aye BM is considered hybrid) as a 9L+ BD ?

Not complaining at all about BD, or casters, or whatever. Just sayin this HP buff for no reason (indeed, none cried for it, but i guess some GM's might be playing mid melee right now, am i wrong ? :p) is totally unbalanced. And you obscured piercing patch and power percentage balance before going for it.
I'm sorry but that whole sh it makes no sense.

Your server, your rules i guess. But that will be without me that way.
Thanks for the good job till here, this one is a fail though. I sent every of you GM's about that before, only Clockwork answered me. Guess i got my answer.
See you around take care
That's definetely not an exageration. I guess as the good hero you seem to be, you run magical resist ra, right ? It's a percentage of total hp resistance right ? Then make your own calculation if total hp pool is being upgraded. I'm sure you can do it and face what i was meaning. Not even talking about physical resistance and stuff.
I sent the fraps of this beautiful story to whoever needed to see it. That's a fact.
Also, main thing is, this hp patch is wrongly put in place, in a wrong order. Mana/Power balance patch was way before that, same for Piercing on casters. Makes juste no sense at all.