minstrel melee

Started 23 Oct 2019
by Bowie
in Albion
I was wondering if there are possibilities to have a mins slash highlander, to obtain a decent melee dps with sword.

Perhaps pumping up STR and MoP can help? Or even if u max it the dps its still shitty?

any opinion / suggestion?
Wed 23 Oct 2019 8:11 PM by Shalee
i'm interested too.
Wed 23 Oct 2019 9:18 PM by kiectred
DPS will always be shitty from what I understand, but in general I hear slash is the way to go no matter what, and highlander is a decent choice in that regard.

I think it's a bit like doing a melee scout; you can surprise some people, but it's not ever going to be very impressive.
Thu 24 Oct 2019 6:41 AM by Sepplord
yes, like kiectred said

minstrels are on the same damage table as scouts and infiltrators
but like with scout you only have a mainhand, and you don't even get shieldstyles or a high blockrate to utilize defensive stylechains

you will do more dmg full melee-specced, but it won't reach levels that anyone writes home about
Thu 24 Oct 2019 8:33 AM by Bowie
i did some test at RR6 at with STR 3 and MoP4 the dps increase very little.... i was hoping for another solution but now i m a bit disappointed after having seen the result.

So ideally it would be to increase DD dmg. WP and ACU ...if acuity works on charisma but im not even sure.
Thu 24 Oct 2019 9:21 PM by Vkejai
Get a bigger pet !
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:40 AM by Bowie
Vkejai wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 9:21 PM
Get a bigger pet !

actually is it necessary? For what i have understood, bigger pets will just have more PF but the dps is as if it was a yellow .
Fri 25 Oct 2019 1:33 PM by Keelia
Bowie wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:40 AM
Vkejai wrote:
Get a bigger pet !

actually is it necessary? For what i have understood, bigger pets will just have more PF but the dps is as if it was a yellow .

Dps is the same they nerfed it, it will have more Hp and it’s higher level will effect spell resists and such.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 9:37 AM by Lerox
Keelia wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 1:33 PM
Bowie wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:40 AM
Vkejai wrote:
Get a bigger pet !

Dps is the same they nerfed it, it will have more Hp and it’s higher level will effect spell resists and such.

I am not sure if they changed something but after they buffed pet damage and then nerfed it slighty the damage per swing is shown on the following chart. (Tested on albion chain armor with no spec AF)
Is there any change I am missing that the DPS should be the same?

Sat 26 Oct 2019 4:00 PM by Keelia
Where did you get this chart, because this chart completely contradicts what they said when they nerfed the high level pet dps
Sat 26 Oct 2019 5:06 PM by gruenesschaf
Charmed and released should be same vs players, charmed and wild should be the same in pve
Sat 26 Oct 2019 7:17 PM by Lerox
Keelia wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 4:00 PM
Where did you get this chart, because this chart completely contradicts what they said when they nerfed the high level pet dps

I created that chart few months ago after they nerfed the high level pets and like I already said I tested it in a duel with a cleric with no spec AF.
gruenesschaf wrote: Charmed and released should be same vs players, charmed and wild should be the same in pve

Could be true if the training dummy counts as PVE target otherwise it is wrong. I had no buffs at all on my minstrel.
And I am pretty sure that even higher pets do less damage after release. I thought it is wanted so if I break my mezz/snare/etc that my pet will deal less damage on opponents for 10 seconds (?).
Sat 26 Oct 2019 9:22 PM by gruenesschaf
Lerox wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 7:17 PM

Could be true if the training dummy counts as PVE target otherwise it is wrong. I had no buffs at all on my minstrel.
And I am pretty sure that even higher pets do less damage after release. I thought it is wanted so if I break my mezz/snare/etc that my pet will deal less damage on opponents for 10 seconds (?).

Dummies are pve. It was intended that they do less in RvR and for fairness they also keep that reduced damage against players while they count as recently charmed (e. g. would give this message instead of xp when killed) to allow the self cc break at the reduced damage. The only difference basically is that all mobs have an additional multiplier based on attacker / defender level difference, this multiplier is disabled (or to be more precise, the min of player and pet level is used as the attacker level for this comparison) in case of pets vs players or pets. For the melee damage calc formula the actual pet level is still used as well as the increased stats due to the level, however, compared to the pve multiplier the damage increase is comparatively small.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 4:49 PM by Vrykolakes
Just to clarify, does this mean they damage table provided by Lerox isn't accurate?

My minstrel isn't 50 yet, but I'm assuming the table provided by Lerox is accurate, as he's tested it post pet nerfs, as I understand it.

It sounds, though, as if level of pet should only have a marginal effect on melee damage done, outside of styles, perhaps.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 5:17 PM by Roto23
I retract what I said
Thu 31 Oct 2019 7:39 AM by Bowie
so if this is the case, what would a minst use as RA to max his DPS since in melee is not performing and his pet is not a dps?
Thu 31 Oct 2019 1:21 PM by Ardri
Bowie wrote:
Thu 31 Oct 2019 7:39 AM
so if this is the case, what would a minst use as RA to max his DPS since in melee is not performing and his pet is not a dps?

Minst does not do a ton of melee damage. Best slash weapon is the granite sword with s/c debuff. Essentially, you try to stay out of melee, kite 800 range, and just DD as that's what does the most damage.

As far as RA's, the single stat RA's are basically worthless for damage. It's best to stack MoP or WP for crit damage.

For solo/small man minst i would go the following, in this order:
Lw1, tire1, purge 2/3, sos 2, ip3/4, am 2 if grp'ing. Then passives: tough 2-5, con 2, arcane 2, wp 2, mop 2, mof2. Best RA efficiency bang for buck return. After solo'ing a lot on an IP class, i would strongly recommend ip4, tough 5, con 2. Plus highlander with 10con at creation and you're a tank. Half if not most of your fights are going to be vs assassins where you are forced into melee (when sos is down). Living for that much longer and getting more DDs/Swings off is more dmg output than dmg RAs doing ~5% more.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 7:34 PM by Cadebrennus
Be a fast moving interrupt machine/harasser. The Minstrel can last quite a while in this capacity since the chain armor allows them to take more hits and rely less on heals to get their job done. When I play Hib they're annoying as hell. When I play Alb I'm super thankful they're on my side.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics