Newcommer :/

Started 12 Oct 2019
by Rexoo
in RvR
I used to play DOAC - Alot back in the old days
I more or less just join this server - And man its nice to be back - But, damn the community are so bad , and been new to the server, is hard. More or less all (guess its bec. the leftover player base is all guilded - old players(We only talk - play with the ones we know - Types) ) And when it comes to RVR more or less all are RR 109 or something like that - And that means only one thing - You are dead.
Not to talk about the endgame eqpment - From the Feather system, not many runs, and all the grps that are farming theis feathers - Again - Only for guildes / or ingame friends.

- The game is just NO - newcommer friendly at all(I guess its bec. of the low player base).
Sat 12 Oct 2019 6:01 PM by phixion
Welcome (back) to DAoC.
Sat 12 Oct 2019 6:05 PM by Gorgoroth
If you are running along without a pretty much optimal Temp, you are cannon fodder. But what else do you expect?
There is a RR gap to bridge for sure, but there are possibilities to get around this. Like duo for example if you are a stealth class, or join Zerg BGs.

There are ways to catch up. Use them.

You are welcome.
Sat 12 Oct 2019 11:44 PM by cuuchulain79
Rexoo wrote:
Sat 12 Oct 2019 3:06 PM
I more or less just join this server - And man its nice to be back - But, damn the community are so bad , and been new to the server, is hard. More or less all (guess its bec. the leftover player base is all guilded - old players(We only talk - play with the ones we know - Types) ) And when it comes to RVR more or less all are RR 109 or something like that - And that means only one thing - You are dead.
Not to talk about the endgame eqpment - From the Feather system, not many runs, and all the grps that are farming theis feathers - Again - Only for guildes / or ingame friends.

- The game is just NO - newcommer friendly at all(I guess its bec. of the low player base).

It's a side effect of heavily customized servers...they really only appeal to the people who have been on the roller coaster from the start. Especially here, many settings combine to make antisocial gaming not only rewarding, but the norm.
Sun 13 Oct 2019 3:27 AM by easytoremember
You can circumvent gettings feathers by buying the feather items with plat,
and you can get plat by putting together ROG junk to cap just your melee resists / offensive stats for farming or play the market (buff/regen pots especially)

Red con mobs in df drop feathers but I don't recommend them

There are usually raids on your epic dungeon that net you around 15000 feathers from a full run with the only req to join being being lv50 (or 45ish depending on your realm)

It's also possible to sell stacks of XP items on consigment merchant for variable amounts of gold

Overall the primary source of feathers is normally the epic dungeons
Sun 13 Oct 2019 10:10 AM by Killaloth
Rexoo wrote:
Sat 12 Oct 2019 3:06 PM

It depends on how good you are and what class you play.

Good bards are a precious and rare asset to find on Hib. Roll one and learn how to play it (unless you already do) and your life will be super easy. I am always looking for any lvl 47+ bard for rvr Hard, hard to find!

Also if you run DS for the first time the whole grp will get 16k feathers instead of 10k

Gl
Tue 15 Oct 2019 12:28 PM by Lipsi
I consider myself still a new player, and i hear your point, especially having struggled for a month on mid, where i was most of the time solo playing a savage, easily founding groups when playing a healer, but little to no help to get proper gear. In over 1 month, i was able to join 1 TG, 1 dragon and 1 grand summoner raids, simply because very few were advertized for my timezone. Was still struggling with feathers and getting proper gear.
I since left Mid and joined Hib and had a very different feeling. In less than 2 weeks have been able to join 2 Galla+Dragon+Legion raids.

It depends the realm you play in, your timezone, the class you play, the spec you have, and to what extent you can socialize, and of course, there is always a part of luck in social interactions, when you meet people that will help you. These veteran players are here, on all realms, willing to help.

Means exist to catch up in RvR as it was mentionned before. With tasks and zerg, it can be very fast. Joining Hib i was able to start RVR in the zerg from very low level, and reached RR4 before lvl 50 in less than a week. By level 50 i was fully temped, had over 40k feathers and 10k BP for reskin customization and had the necessary RA to feel less powerless and die less.

So in the end, i agree that it is not super easy for a total newcommer (and i started with an advantage, because i had many years of previous DAOC experience) but still possible to catch up and eventually get everything you need to get started and feel comfortable.
Thu 17 Oct 2019 3:10 AM by stewbeedoo
If you play EU timezone I found it pretty easy to get started in April/May this year. Lots of Galla raids for feathers and PvE groups for those who like that. NA timezone was definitely harder as the pop is lower and there are really no raids. It is definitely harder now as there are fewer raids - I feel your pain.

It is not fun but crafting is a great source of income and allows you to buy the things in game you need to be competitive.

Keep at it!
Thu 17 Oct 2019 3:59 AM by Freedomcall
Well, if you have played Uthgard, you would've not feel this way.
For me this is a heaven to newcommers...

Yes NA time has been a bit rough recently.
But you can still lvl solo very fast on this server.
With all these rog drops, /train without trainer, ports, xp loots, rp task ticks(with xp reward), you can lvl pretty well when you get used to it.
You should be more active and open to learn new things thou, for taking those advantages..

Most of my chars were RR3 already when it ding lvl50.
Yeah RR10s would be tough to deal, but reaching RR5 yourself ain't that difficult and you can still have fun once you reach rr5.
I remember Uthgard where ppl advertized on /lfg like "det9 tank lfg".
You don't even bother to emphasize on this server that you have det 9, cuz it's so easy to get.

Templating? It's far easier.
You don't actually have to bother to join raids.
I personally don't like feeding raid leaders(Yeah thank you for leading raids, leaders! but I know you guys take a lot more than others!).
Just join those raids once to get credit, and then simply run DS or HoH for feather farm.
I'm not sure which realm you play, but here is the tip:
lvl an animist if you're on hib, reaver if you're on alb, svg if you're on mid.
Those are the easiest one to start feather runs(1. most needed 2. easy to temp for DS/HoH 3. easiest class to play in DS/HoH)
Numerous of DS/HoH is ran by multiple players every day.
Don't worry even if you've never done it before.
There are good videos on Youtube which shows how to run DS/HoH.
Get the idea from Youtube and try joining with those classes above.
You can be experts already within 5 runs.
I have done 30ish Ds/HoH runs(which isn't that many compared to others actually) and all the runs were just PuGs.
You don't need any guild or ingame friends to join the runs.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics