Re: Nerf ellyl pet

I appreciate that you weren't snarky in your response Lerox, I want to agree with you since you seem friendly but the fact they can break cc on themselves and the pet makes it so you can't really counter it outside of stunning. i have a minstrel too, so I don't hate minstrels, just don't like this pet or the fenrir prophet tbh. Yea mentalists are in the same boat but they can't cause mayhem solo like a minstrel can lol. Anyways have a nice evening, wishing all the best and all the best game balance to you guys.

If I understand correct you mean you can't counter it when you fight against a minstrel 1v1?
Well in this case the pet won't matter a minstrel won't be cc-able with any pet.

Strategy in 1v1:
Go melee onto sage pet so it stops casting. Then the minstrel has to put it into a new position which will be hard. Rupt the pet if it starts healing.
If the minstrel is doing kite and run tactic you are basically fucked.

Strategy in smallman+:
As soon as the pet got a little distance to its owner mezz pet and owner. He has to release it and the sage starts casting to get him out of mezz. When the pet starts casting interrupt and and damage it to get aggro. If the pet attacked you before even a heal in your group can make it attacking you. Meanwhile the minstrel is still in mezz and you nuke down the pet. It is an orange pet which is easily killed.

Minstrel is a strong if not the strongest class in game but it got his downgrades which might or might not be fair. I am playing since server launch and I complained about things and I "abused" OP things too. I am not happy with all the changes and nor will I. But as I mentioned before that there is not really a nerf needed for charmed caster pets.

im a hunter, not having trouble at all vs minstrel... just sending my pet to his pet = problem solved.
dont attack minnies when you cant handle them

i do not try to attack palas and necros because i dont stand a chance

They need to nerf charmed pets already, if you mez the pet he should not be able to just release it out of mez, it's so ridiculous it means the minstrel got outplayed but of course people will cry at what I am saying and pretend like it's still skillful somehow to push the release button and to have no negative consequence for getting outplayed. Minstrels have demezz, they should have to use it, then I would actually be impressed. Raise the skill floor for minstrels devs, make it so the pet can not just be released from CC. I am okay with the minstrel getting out of CC if the pet is free but if I CC the pet then that should keep the pet locked down for mez duration. Please make a custom change so that they cannot release their pet if it is mezzed.

Assuming a nerf to this mechanic ever happens imagine this interaction.

I get the jump and mez pet and minstrel, minstrel purges, stuns me and tries to demezz his pet. I can then purge and try to stop him from demezzing, see how this interaction adds fair counterplay? Why can't we have a real balance change like this, it took me 10 seconds to come up with that and its already a million times better than what we have now. Maybe add a vote about it so the community can decide if minstrels stay low effort high reward or we raise the skill floor of minstrels the democratic way.

Better balance, better pizza, papa johns

carlwinslow wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:08 am
I am okay with the minstrel getting out of CC if the pet is free but if I CC the pet then that should keep the pet locked down for mez duration. Please make a custom change so that they cannot release their pet if it is mezzed.
So do you mean all CC or just mezz?
If you mean all CC the minstrel will be a speedbot only.
carlwinslow wrote: Maybe add a vote about it so the community can decide if minstrels stay low effort high reward or we raise the skill floor of minstrels the democratic way.
You need a lot of skill to play good as a minstrel so not sure if it needs a change.

How about you people just learn how to counter a minstrel? It is not like it is impossible and yeah in solo minstrel is strong but there are other classes which are OP in solo too so you can not balance the game for solo, 8v8 and zerg.

So show some love for those people who decide to play a minstrel at least. <3

Minstrel really isn't that hard these days, all you have to do is set up your mouse macros and pet charming is borderline automated, the hard part is when you start trying to mez people/attack people and control the pet at the same time which isn't really that hard if you have your macros set up, it just requires some focus like, okay I just used flute mez, need to recharm my pet again etc. Skillful would be the minstrel using his demezz to clear his pet if he got outplayed and turning the fight around.

Well I doubt we will agree in some points which is not bad but I just can say that there is reason why there are so few minstrel which want to play as a real minstrel (like with pet and knowing what to do) in a RvR group.
Of course could be because minstrel is way too easy to play and they want to show their real skills with other classes.

Well enough said from my point of view if there will be/wont be changes the staff might have a reason for that.

carlwinslow wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:53 pm
Minstrel really isn't that hard these days, all you have to do is set up your mouse macros and pet charming is borderline automated, the hard part is when you start trying to mez people/attack people and control the pet at the same time which isn't really that hard if you have your macros set up, it just requires some focus like, okay I just used flute mez, need to recharm my pet again etc. Skillful would be the minstrel using his demezz to clear his pet if he got outplayed and turning the fight around.
You aren't outplaying anyone by pressing mez twice from max range with a 350+ dex caster