Have you seen your other character model?

Started 27 Feb 2020
by joshisanonymous
in Tavern
I use classic character models because catacombs models are unbearably ugly to me. The result is that I see a lot of other players who have decked out their characters in weird ways, and I assume it's because they're using catacombs and I just can't see all their bling. It also makes me wonder how stupid my character probably looks to catacombs people.

I'd be curious to see some side by sides of y'all's catacombs-classic models for your characters. I'll post my own tonight when I get home.

(Relatedly, it'd be nice if we could style both models independently. I doubt that's possible for the devs to do, but yeah.)

Edit: A day late, but here ya go:

Cool look.

Ugly as sin look.
Sat 29 Feb 2020 1:57 AM by easytoremember
well I don't mind my cata version looking goofy since they look like shit anyway
Sat 29 Feb 2020 2:22 PM by Forlornhope
I play in classic as well, but I also swap over to catacombs models for every character to make sure they don't look ridiculous there with my dyes / reskins / padding and what not
Tue 3 Mar 2020 9:06 PM by The Skies Asunder
It has to be entirely nostalgia based as to why people still play with classic models, right? Because classic DAoC is absolutely hideous.
Wed 4 Mar 2020 7:58 PM by joshisanonymous
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Tue 3 Mar 2020 9:06 PM
It has to be entirely nostalgia based as to why people still play with classic models, right? Because classic DAoC is absolutely hideous.

*gasp*

And you play some of my least favorite looking catacombs races. :/ They just look so oddly proportioned and awkardly animated to me, and hoods for the more human looking races don't seem to fit right on their heads, etc. I don't really like all the padding stuff either. It starts to look silly and also makes it hard to tell from looking what race people are (for quickly identifying classes), at least with helms.
Wed 4 Mar 2020 8:19 PM by The Skies Asunder
joshisanonymous wrote:
Wed 4 Mar 2020 7:58 PM
The Skies Asunder wrote:

*gasp*

And you play some of my least favorite looking catacombs races. :/ They just look so oddly proportioned and awkardly animated to me, and hoods for the more human looking races don't seem to fit right on their heads, etc. I don't really like all the padding stuff either. It starts to look silly and also makes it hard to tell from looking what race people are (for quickly identifying classes), at least with helms.

I agree that some of the cloaks don't fit exactly right. Avalonian jumps to mind, as they all look like Palpatine. I think the character models themselves, and especially the armors all look much better in catacombs sprites though. The proportions on the actual characters are just so much better, and they don't have a bunch of straight lines on them. I like the padding as well lol. I will swap over to classic tonight and have a peek at a few of my toons to see how they look... I'm guessing dreadful, since I have never even looked at them.
Sat 7 Mar 2020 6:16 PM by Expfighter
joshisanonymous wrote:
Thu 27 Feb 2020 5:46 PM
I use classic character models because catacombs models are unbearably ugly to me. The result is that I see a lot of other players who have decked out their characters in weird ways, and I assume it's because they're using catacombs and I just can't see all their bling. It also makes me wonder how stupid my character probably looks to catacombs people.

I'd be curious to see some side by sides of y'all's catacombs-classic models for your characters. I'll post my own tonight when I get home.

(Relatedly, it'd be nice if we could style both models independently. I doubt that's possible for the devs to do, but yeah.)

Edit: A day late, but here ya go:

Cool look.

Ugly as sin look.

the Catacombs models make everyone looked RETARDED, HORRIBLE just horrible!
Sat 7 Mar 2020 6:18 PM by Expfighter
The Skies Asunder wrote:

no nostalgia here with the models, I was excited about the new models until I saw them when they went live, Horrible JUST horrible!

could NOT switch back fast enough!
Sun 8 Mar 2020 3:20 AM by JaggedOne
I would like to compare the two. How/where do I make this change ?
Sun 8 Mar 2020 1:02 PM by Siouxsie
JaggedOne wrote:
Sun 8 Mar 2020 3:20 AM

It's on the options screen for the character.
Sun 8 Mar 2020 6:02 PM by JaggedOne
Siouxsie wrote:
Sun 8 Mar 2020 1:02 PM
JaggedOne wrote:

The options at the character select screen, or in-game for each character ?
I'm having trouble finding it.....
Sun 8 Mar 2020 9:37 PM by easytoremember
JaggedOne wrote:
Sun 8 Mar 2020 6:02 PM
Siouxsie wrote:
Sun 8 Mar 2020 1:02 PM
JaggedOne wrote:

The options at the character select screen, or in-game for each character ?
I'm having trouble finding it.....

At character select it's in the options
You pull the list by clicking on some white text I think
Mon 9 Mar 2020 5:46 AM by JaggedOne
OMG, did we play with those ugly mothers for years !?!?!?!?!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics