minstrel= much too much dmg
menta= same as minstrel
necro= lol
bd= perma snare, desease, too much dmg
caba= perma stun, runspeed lol
sm= invincibility
hunter= pretty ok, maybe a bit too much dmg

and heres is what most pet classes do
run around pet on aggro, pop stealther or any other enemy, wait for snare/stun and run to keep and let the pet to the work
noo chance to counter that

in classic on live it was not like that e.g. enchanter pets did not have a snare spell so it was not possible to do this silly game play
this end the stupid automatic tasks lead to massive coastguarding where ppl actually do not really fight but let their pets and guards do the job. this is silly as hell
Tue 25 Feb 2020 10:27 AM by Razur Ur
The staff can fix the range between pet and the Caster, is pet to far away then instand release/death! Some Cabby staying the pet agro on the docks and they staying
safe in the keep ^_^ or let chasing the pet vor few 1000 locs.
Tue 25 Feb 2020 10:46 AM by Pao
Ench always had snare pet. Their heal pet is already nerfed. Lots of pet classes need their pet.
If you can’t win against a caster, learn to play. They are not that good. Only mincer is tough because this mix of ridiculous abilities
Tue 25 Feb 2020 10:49 AM by Sepplord
having pet on aggro doesn't destealth stealthers, unless something got changed recently, it doesn't even attack them when you see the stealther

this is one of the lower quality whines, and that is almost an achievement on this forum
Tue 25 Feb 2020 1:06 PM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 25 Feb 2020 10:49 AM
having pet on aggro doesn't destealth stealthers, unless something got changed recently, it doesn't even attack them when you see the stealther

this is one of the lower quality whines, and that is almost an achievement on this forum

it does believe me.....
Tue 25 Feb 2020 1:09 PM by inoeth
Pao wrote:
Tue 25 Feb 2020 10:46 AM
Ench always had snare pet. Their heal pet is already nerfed. Lots of pet classes need their pet.
If you can’t win against a caster, learn to play. They are not that good. Only mincer is tough because this mix of ridiculous abilities

no, they had a heal pet but no snare until 1.1 or something... the time i quit live daoc
thing is i actually can kill enchanters on open field but most of these fkkers just stay in keep range and kite you to guards then stun+gun... its so lame
also if you fight someone there is like a 90% chance an enchanter adds and just sends his pet to you which perma snares then.... its insane
Tue 25 Feb 2020 9:24 PM by Pao
inoeth wrote:
Tue 25 Feb 2020 1:09 PM
Pao wrote:

no, they had a heal pet but no snare until 1.1 or something... the time i quit live daoc
thing is i actually can kill enchanters on open field but most of these fkkers just stay in keep range and kite you to guards then stun+gun... its so lame
also if you fight someone there is like a 90% chance an enchanter adds and just sends his pet to you which perma snares then.... its insane

They have different pets with different abilities. Companion has snare nuke.
Tue 25 Feb 2020 10:45 PM by Isavyr
Phoenix, please nerf everything but my class.
Wed 26 Feb 2020 1:30 AM by protege
Sepplord wrote:

Yes, actually, they do aggro you if you're in stealth and within close range of the pet.
Wed 26 Feb 2020 2:03 AM by easytoremember
inoeth wrote:
Tue 25 Feb 2020 1:06 PM
Sepplord wrote:

it does believe me.....

If you're stupid enough to touch the pet's ass
Wed 26 Feb 2020 2:05 AM by rocketait
Also chanter pet seems to cast on stealthers if you tell the pet to attack before they stealth. Don't know if this is new but they also will hit them a mile away if they already started casting, got a mini that had speed but pet started to cast at Max range, then mini stealthed probably hoping cast would fail but it didn't and he was about 3000 units away from pet. I can see how it could be frustrating, live uses a system where if they are x distance away and stealth the damage will not land (after track patch and with greater stealth lore you could see people at crazy range (not lag ghosts, we even emoted each other) but damage would not stick). Maybe a system like that could work on this server?
Wed 26 Feb 2020 8:13 AM by Sepplord
do the pet have their own detection radius?

i know i have seen a stealther for a short blimps and my pet didn't hit him...but if the pet needs to see the stealth themselves how does it work with lowlevel pets? Do they detect like a lowlevel player?

does anyone know or have more detailed information about it? I was under the impression that i need to see the stealther myself for my pet to even consider an attack command, and then i still have to keep seeing him until my pet finally is not evaded. At which point i can just hit them from stealth myself.

If i remember right i was even mezzed once in a fight and saw a stealther going through me. i sent my pet to attack and it got evaded and then the stealther buggered of and my pet stopped attacking/chasing when i could not see the stealther anymore
Wed 26 Feb 2020 9:13 AM by inoeth
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 26 Feb 2020 2:03 AM
inoeth wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

it does believe me.....

doesnt have to do with being stupid when ppl run through you, that happens
Wed 26 Feb 2020 9:22 AM by inoeth
Pao wrote:
Tue 25 Feb 2020 9:24 PM
inoeth wrote:
Pao wrote:

if thats true nobody used to use that back on live, i did alot of solo rvr and never had trouble to reach enchanters
Wed 26 Feb 2020 10:08 AM by Nunki
inoeth wrote:
Wed 26 Feb 2020 9:13 AM
easytoremember wrote:
inoeth wrote:
it does believe me.....

As a stealther with a certain awareness, these situations should be avoidable.

You only run through enemies you want to attack and stay far away from everything else.
Wed 26 Feb 2020 11:05 AM by inoeth
Nunki wrote:
Wed 26 Feb 2020 10:08 AM
inoeth wrote:
easytoremember wrote:

You only run through enemies you want to attack and stay far away from everything else.

if everyone would just in straight lines maybe, but thats not the case... it just happens from time to time, some ppl call that "radaring" but i think its just bad luck
Wed 26 Feb 2020 1:33 PM by Nunki
inoeth wrote:
Wed 26 Feb 2020 11:05 AM
Nunki wrote:
Wed 26 Feb 2020 10:08 AM
inoeth wrote:

if everyone would just in straight lines maybe, but thats not the case... it just happens from time to time, some ppl call that "radaring" but i think its just bad luck
While things like that happen, especially at choke points or when the stealther pays no attention, that is nothing I would flame about or request a nerf for.
Sat 29 Feb 2020 8:34 AM by Pao
inoeth wrote:
Wed 26 Feb 2020 9:22 AM
Pao wrote:
Tue 25 Feb 2020 9:24 PM
inoeth wrote:

if thats true nobody used to use that back on live, i did alot of solo rvr and never had trouble to reach enchanters

Most used ally because the heal were quite good. They are nerfed here.
Sun 1 Mar 2020 3:38 PM by pollojack
Sepplord wrote:

It does, get run over by a red or purp borker and you'll see. An entire 8 man turned around for me .
Wed 4 Mar 2020 9:18 PM by sylvynyr
Are summoned pets treated like the level ~45 blue con or w/e level the summon provides, or are they treated as if they are equivalent level of the caster for damage and/or detection calculations? Having trouble wrapping my head around why blue con pets (Abominations) are so seemingly robust.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics