Thidranki --> /rp off

Started 10 Feb 2020
by Babajaga
in RvR
Hi,

As u all know we are more and more enjoying thid since it's the only active BG.
Most of us are tired about remaking toons over and over specially when we get title master of soldier, bane of xx which are a pretty cool reward.
I don't get why is /rp off not available anymore, theres no reasons to.

A lot of us asking for the /rp off to be allow again.
Please consider the following request. There will be no changes about that, the incapacity of /rp off is pointless in any cases..
Mon 10 Feb 2020 5:20 PM by Sepplord
If they ever bring back RP off, then the RR-cap would have to be reduced heavily again
Mon 10 Feb 2020 5:54 PM by romulus
Sepplord wrote: If they ever bring back RP off, then the RR-cap would have to be reduced heavily again

Hi!
I'm curious why this would be the case? The thid cap used to be 1L5, now it is 3L0. I don't see why a reduction of the cap would be necessary. The only argument that seems grounded is that it would turn thid into a BG dominated by perma-2L9 twinks, but how is that any different than what we have now (Other than the obvious consequence that you have to remake your thid toons every couple of months)?

Genuinely curious about this.
:hugs:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:06 PM by shintacki
Thid isn't meant to be the endgame. It's a stepping stone on your way to 50. The more people permanently in Thid means less people in the frontier. I don’t necessarily have a problem with people being in thid for longer periods but I don’t think you need to park there permanently.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:25 PM by Norselaw
How about realm point remover npc that costs bounty points? Could make it same price as reskin.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:35 PM by romulus
shintacki wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:06 PM
Thid isn't meant to be the endgame. It's a stepping stone on your way to 50. The more people permanently in Thid means less people in the frontier. I don’t necessarily have a problem with people being in thid for longer periods but I don’t think you need to park there permanently.
Hi!
I hear this argument a lot, usually with more snark or derision. While it might sound strange to some, there are people for whom Thid represents exactly the game that they want to play. I understand the argument that the more players in Thid, the less in the frontier and why that would not be desirable from a total server health PoV. I get it. My perspective is, I prefer Thid RvR to End-Game RvR. Given the choice, I will take a slowish night in Thid over any night in the FZ. I am not alone, either. Do a periodic /who thid and you will see a common list of names come up night after night, even when the FZ is popping. The reason is simple: some of us prefer Thidranki.
Now I'm not saying that everyone that likes Thid avoids FZ RvR. There are a lot of reasons why people like to maintain Thid toons. For some, it's the alternative to FZ when the action is slow or bad, or the frustration level is high, or you want to play something without 20+ active abilities and RAs to juggle, or if you want a good, old-fashioned keep take/defense.
Ultimately, all that is being asked for with this suggestion is just the consideration of enabling /rp off so that those that like playing in Thid don't have to re-make their toons every couple of months, regardless of what and where they like to play.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:37 PM by Sepplord
romulus wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 5:54 PM
Sepplord wrote: If they ever bring back RP off, then the RR-cap would have to be reduced heavily again

Hi!
I'm curious why this would be the case? The thid cap used to be 1L5, now it is 3L0. I don't see why a reduction of the cap would be necessary. The only argument that seems grounded is that it would turn thid into a BG dominated by perma-2L9 twinks, but how is that any different than what we have now (Other than the obvious consequence that you have to remake your thid toons every couple of months)?

Genuinely curious about this.

You kind of said it yourself, it would increase the average RR of the thidranki-mainers which is a bad thing for everyone else that doesn't want to spend tons of hours there.
And iirr they even said when they increased the RR-cap that they are only doing this because they also removed RP-off, so logically i would assume if they bring RP-off back that they also lower the cap again
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:52 PM by romulus
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:37 PM
You kind of said it yourself, it would increase the average RR of the thidranki-mainers which is a bad thing for everyone else that doesn't want to spend tons of hours there.
And iirr they even said when they increased the RR-cap that they are only doing this because they also removed RP-off, so logically i would assume if they bring RP-off back that they also lower the cap again
Hi again!
Yeah, I understand that angle, but to me, it isn't very persuasive. Consider that the maximum difference of RL in Thid is only 18 (1L1->2L9), which is pretty low when you compare it to the maximum difference in FZ of 109 (1L1->12L0 presently). Just looking at it from a disparity PoV, Thid seems fairer than FZ when you look at RR disparity. I'm not convinced that a reduction of RR cap would be necessary if they were to allow /rp off, or that it would adversely affect a new player's Thid experience any more than their experience would be RvRing new at 50.

I'm always willing to be wrong, though!
Tue 11 Feb 2020 12:48 AM by Fribrand
shintacki wrote:

This is meant to be a fun game where people do what they enjoy.

The problem with the Phoenix server is that people level all the way to 50.
More people permanently in the Frontier means less people in Thid.

We should set the level cap to 24 so everyone HAS to play the way I want too...
See how silly your argument sounds now???
Tue 11 Feb 2020 1:03 AM by Fribrand
Babajaga wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 4:54 PM
I don't get why is /rp off not available anymore, theres no reasons to.

A lot of us asking for the /rp off to be allow again.

Hello,

I play in Thid almost exclusively because I get bored easily and change alts.
I don't want to take the time to level/template/RR up to compete with 12L0s.

But, I do not want them to stop RP progression...
That would stick many people at 2L9 and create too much of a gap between twinks and casuals.
The fact that serious players have to re-roll is a good thing overall for the health of the BG in my opinion.

I would like them to either limit the RP level to 2L4 (a more appropriate level for Thid) or create minimum levels for more realm abilities...
Things like Vanish, Volley and a few others should not be in Thid... they should be like level 30+.

They should also consider lowering the mezz time for lower level casters... even the ones that I play.
But they probably wont.

Thx
Tue 11 Feb 2020 3:13 AM by shintacki
Fribrand wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 12:48 AM
shintacki wrote:

No, I dont think my argument is silly. The game is "balanced" around level 50 rvr so it makes sense to me still that Thid is only a temporary stop. I dont really care if people want to play in Thid permanently but I also dont necessarily think it is a good thing to promote that behavior either. Im fine with how Thid is now, I never said it was a problem. It is just my opinion that splitting the RvR population is hardly ever a good thing. If you want to stay in Thid forever then you should be able to albeit with the minor inconvenience of having to relevel toon every so often. How long does it take to get 2l9 in Thid these days anyways?
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:49 AM by gotwqqd
Not only should /rp off NOT be a thing, the RR should cap @2L0 in Thid
You hit it and die you are done in the area
Tue 11 Feb 2020 3:27 PM by Amser
shintacki wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 3:13 AM
Fribrand wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 12:48 AM
shintacki wrote:

No, I dont think my argument is silly. The game is "balanced" around level 50 rvr so it makes sense to me still that Thid is only a temporary stop. I dont really care if people want to play in Thid permanently but I also dont necessarily think it is a good thing to promote that behavior either. Im fine with how Thid is now, I never said it was a problem. It is just my opinion that splitting the RvR population is hardly ever a good thing. If you want to stay in Thid forever then you should be able to albeit with the minor inconvenience of having to relevel toon every so often. How long does it take to get 2l9 in Thid these days anyways?

Thid isn't really my thing, but a lot of people are looking at this the wrong way. Don't make the assumption that people that play purely in Thid have any desire to make it to 50 and join frontier RvR. As a number of people have expressed the opinion, they are perfectly fine deleting or re-rolling a new character just to get back into Thid.

Lets play hypothetical and look at this a different way. Delete Thid entirely from the game. Now I guarantee some of the people that only or largely played in Thid would just quit instead of joining 50 RvR as some desire.
I personally prefer that those people play the game in any respect and might entice others to give it a try.

Let them have Thid and they are more then welcome to make requests for changes in Thid. It is up to the GM's how those changes might effect the server as a whole. We can only provide our feedback and suggestions. I agree on your point of not splitting the RvR population but I don't think Thid is a major contributor to that.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 4:38 PM by Sixin2082
I think bringing /rp off and lowering the rr cap are both great ideas.

Some people will never leave thid, and making it difficult for them to play how they want will ultimately drive people away from the game. So, you still won't force them to play the way you want then too, but now there are less people overall.

This change will also help casuals not be totally overwhelmed by the this twinks and might actually help people enjoy a small break in the grind.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:13 PM by Tillbeast
I personally think rp off should be available but the old limit of rr1.4 should be reinstalled. Having level 24 characters with 20+ realm points worth of abilities messses with the balance.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:19 PM by _Dax_
/rp off should be up again yeah because really our goal and sweat rewards is to get the titles! It so nice to see ppl with Master solider and Bane of Realm at such low lvl.

And as many said, we just redo our toons! **Take off the farmed twink armor, put in the bank, return to character list, Delete or New character, Get pl, Take out the farmed twink armor, Put it on and back to action!** *tada* Just stupid..

And let me tell you this devs and gm's etc! Even Uthgard have rp/xp off. They acknowledge that it's just stupid to let people not have it, when the just can get around it and makes people irritated.

You can't possible be worse then them in this matter? right?

And 2 things more:
The cap is fine 2L9
And Thid is end-game for me!
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:25 PM by romulus
Tillbeast wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:13 PM
I personally think rp off should be available but the old limit of rr1.4 should be reinstalled. Having level 24 characters with 20+ realm points worth of abilities messses with the balance.
Hi!
There is some merit to having an ultra-low cap (i.e. no one will have any RAs besides Tireless 1, LW1, and maybe Serenity 1), but I want to emphasize:

Max RA disparity currently in Thid = 18 points (1L1 -> 2L9)
Max RA disparity currently in FZ = 109 points (1L1 ->12L0)

Thid, with its current cap, is fairer than FZ RvR.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:28 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:19 PM
/rp off should be up again yeah because really our goal and sweat rewards is to get the titles! It so nice to see ppl with Master solider and Bane of Realm at such low lvl.

And as many said, we just redo our toons! **Take off the farmed twink armor, put in the bank, return to character list, Delete or New character, Get pl, Take out the farmed twink armor, Put it on and back to action!** *tada* Just stupid..

And let me tell you this devs and gm's etc! Even Uthgard have rp/xp off. They acknowledge that it's just stupid to let people not have it, when the just can get around it and makes people irritated.

You can't possible be worse then them in this matter? right?

And 2 things more:
The cap is fine 2L9
And Thid is end-game for me!

maybe they want to keep the flow of ppl looking for xp groups flowing. if you want to waste away in thid, then you must work to do so. as for ppl having titles in thid, thats a joke really. def not what those rewards were intended for.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:44 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:28 PM
maybe they want to keep the flow of ppl looking for xp groups flowing. if you want to waste away in thid, then you must work to do so. as for ppl having titles in thid, thats a joke really. def not what those rewards were intended for.

So you saying that killing 2,000x exAlbs) should not be Bane of Albion and Master Soldier 2,000x enemys? Weird.. But can you explain some more plx
Well, there is not much of a xp grp when you get pl by another Thid warrior who like Thid as much as oneself.
And its not so much work really its just stupid, really stupid!
Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:06 PM by Jafeeio
romulus wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:25 PM

I dare to disagree here.
There are quite a few realm abilities that have a way bigger impact in Thidranki than in the "big rvr".

Everything that is a flat amount will have a huge impact like:
Augmented Strength / Acuity / Dexterity. Getting 17 points of Dex is pretty huge in Thidranki.
Toughness. A flat amount of hp that obviously scales better with a lower starting hp.

Active RAs that have flat amounts:
Ichor (100 damage for Ichor 1)
Divine Intervention (750 HP for DI1). This one is particularly huge to me since it's basically a full instant heal every 10 minutes
Negative Maelstrom (175 damage for rank 1)

It's pretty easy to build a super sick team of "high rr" thidranki players with these RAs and vastly overpower players with no RAs.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:24 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:44 PM
Riac wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:28 PM

So you saying that killing 2,000x exAlbs) should not be Bane of Albion and Master Soldier 2,000x enemys? Weird.. But can you explain some more plx
Well, there is not much of a xp grp when you get pl by another Thid warrior who like Thid as much as oneself.
And its not so much work really its just stupid, really stupid!

these titles are meant to be rewards for participating in rvr combat. obtaining 2000 of any kind of kill w/o the benefit of xp / rp off would be an impossibility for a toon lvl 20-24.
i somehow think that a person getting 2000 solo kills in thid vs ppl who are cluesless and damn near naked, with regards to how shit their gear is, is an extreme perversion of the lone enforcer title. as well as all the other titles.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:37 PM by romulus
Jafeeio wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:06 PM
I dare to disagree here.
You are the brave one! I like you! :hugs:
Jafeeio wrote:
There are quite a few realm abilities that have a way bigger impact in Thidranki than in the "big rvr".
Since Thidranki is a subset of FZ RvR, I cannot see how a new 1L1 player could be more disadvantaged in Thid against a "monster" 2L9 player, than they would be in FZ RvR against practically any other player. If we assume that an average player in FZ RvR will be around 5L0, there is a RR point disparity of 39 points. Any realm abilities that a twink might have will be double (or worse!) in FZ against an average opponent, even accounting for scale.
Jafeeio wrote:
It's pretty easy to build a super sick team of "high rr" thidranki players with these RAs and vastly overpower players with no RAs.
Nothing prevents that today other than having to remake them every few months. In fact, there are quite a few "high" RR twinks running around right now, and lowbies seem to be doing pretty well with them and against them. Maybe I have Alb bias and I don't hear the complaints, but I would think if it was a problem that there would be people complaining about the RR disparity as it exists today. Ja?
Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:42 PM by Nepharus
I've asked Clockwork and others for the thought behind removing this element. The response I received was that the Dev. team wants to use it as a means to encourage players to level to endgame. From what I gather there are currently no intentions to reinstate this function.

I spend a significant portion of my in-game time in Thid and I largely support both perspectives in this thread. However, I do feel that removing this feature from the game allows for a larger variance in RR in BGs. It would seem that this was specifically aimed at avoiding a 2L9 "twink" zone which would likely discourage players who are taking a break from the grind to 50.

I've noted a high population in this BG as of lately. I'm sure I can speak for a good portion of the player-base when I say it would be unfortunate to lose that momentum.

Just take away the SNAKES!
Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:48 PM by Riac
Nepharus wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:42 PM
I've asked Clockwork and others for the thought behind removing this element. The response I received was that the Dev. team wants to use it as a means to encourage players to level to endgame. From what I gather there are currently no intentions to reinstate this function.

I spend a significant portion of my in-game time in Thid and I largely support both perspectives in this thread. However, I do feel that removing this feature from the game allows for a larger variance in RR in BGs. It would seem that this was specifically aimed at avoiding a 2L9 "twink" zone which would likely discourage players who are taking a break from the grind to 50.

I've noted a high population in this BG as of lately. I'm sure I can speak for a good portion of the player-base when I say it would be unfortunate to lose that momentum.

Just take away the SNAKES!

the high bg pop is probably due to the lvl 50 rvr being garbage. either participate in the zerg and mindlessly beat on walls while bored out of your mind or try your hand at small man where you get zerged or farm solos (also boring as fuck). there just isnt any good middle ground, i feel like the bgs offer that sort of middle ground feeling.

summary: if zergs werent so gay/the only game in town, ppl wouldnt be fleeing to the bgs.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:10 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:24 PM
these titles are meant to be rewards for participating in rvr combat. obtaining 2000 of any kind of kill w/o the benefit of xp / rp off would be an impossibility for a toon lvl 20-24.
i somehow think that a person getting 2000 solo kills in thid vs ppl who are cluesless and damn near naked, with regards to how shit their gear is, is an extreme perversion of the lone enforcer title. as well as all the other titles.

Does not matter! If its a kill its a kill. You can't just neglect it because the lvl of the player or if the player he killed was garbage?! Would say that there is more garbage player in NF then in Thid! And why do you even care If lvl 24's (us) want rp off and get the titles in bgs? If you want us to go on our 50s and play, are you doing a very bad job my friend! The resultat off all this will just be irritation and quitting. So how does that help you, The server and the "End-game"?
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:16 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:10 PM
Riac wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:24 PM

Does not matter! If its a kill its a kill. You can't just neglect it because the lvl of the player or if the player he killed was garbage?! Would say that there is more garbage player in NF then in Thid! And why do you even care If lvl 24's (us) want rp off and get the titles in bg? If you want us to go 50 and play, are you doing a very bad job my friend! The resultat off all this will just be irritation and quitting. So how does that help you, The server and the "End-game"?

well you would assume that, youre obv biased lol. tbh idc if ppl get these titles. however, i still think it's obv a perversion of their intended meaning. i believe on live you didnt even get credit for solo kills in bgs (could be wrong), if thats the case then its obv not as intended. i dont have to advocate for you to lvl to 50 and join the zerg, tbh i hope you dont. i hope these zerg noobs get bored and die out. more solos and small mans. also ppl playing in thid mean absolutely nothing to me with regards whether they keep playing or quit, they already dont exist in my "ecosystem" so what do i care if they are there or not.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:21 PM by _Dax_
Jafeeio wrote:
romulus wrote:

I dare to disagree here.

Augmented Strength / Acuity / Dexterity. Getting 17 points of Dex is pretty huge in Thidranki.
Toughness. A flat amount of hp that obviously scales better with a lower starting hp.

Divine Intervention (750 HP for DI1). This one is particularly huge to me since it's basically a full instant heal every 10 minutes

You are to low lvl to use 5 of the above you just posted xD Guess which ones?
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:27 PM by Jafeeio
_Dax_ wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:21 PM
You are to low lvl to use 5 of the above you just posted xD Guess which ones?

I see!

My concerns have been taken care of
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:30 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:16 PM
well you would assume that, youre obv biased lol. tbh idc if ppl get these titles. however, i still think it's obv a perversion of their intended meaning. i believe on live you didnt even get credit for solo kills in bgs (could be wrong), if thats the case then its obv not as intended. i dont have to advocate for you to lvl to 50 and join the zerg, tbh i hope you dont. i hope these zerg noobs get bored and die out. more solos and small mans. also ppl playing in thid mean absolutely nothing to me with regards whether they keep playing or quit, they already dont exist in my "ecosystem" so what do i care if they are there or not.

Well, you say you don't care and all but you are here careing ALOT and wasting your time haha but "ok" .
I would not be in here if I did not care.. but hey that's me
And btw, this is not live. This is a custom freeshard server.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:36 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:30 PM
Riac wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:16 PM

Well, you say you don't care and all but you are here careing ALOT and wasting your time haha but "ok" .
And btw, this is not live. This is a custom freeshard server.

i dont really care; however, i can still say what i think. giving these titles to lvl 24s for killing ppl that have no idea how to play thier class or running around with suboptimal lvling specs cheapens the lvl 50s who got their titles the legit way. i also realize its a custom freeshard. all that said, you still didnt really give a reason on what im supposed to care if all the thid ppl quit the game? they arent really adding anything to the game.
also, i have plenty of time to waste.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:48 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:36 PM
i dont really care; however, i can still say what i think. giving these titles to lvl 24s for killing ppl that have no idea how to play thier class or running around with suboptimal lvling specs cheapens the lvl 50s who got their titles the legit way. i also realize its a custom freeshard. all that said, you still didnt really give a reason on what im supposed to care if all the thid ppl quit the game? they arent really adding anything to the game.
also, i have plenty of time to waste.

Absolutely, you have all right to that. its just super funny to see a non-careing care
If so, I would say the same.. Why give 50 players that have have no idea how to play thier class just running around clueless? just because they are lvl 50? Lulz
I have meet sooooo many garbage player in 50 rvr before I went to mostly play Thid.

You should care because some of the Thid players also play there 50's. there is not always action in Thid you know.. so then we do something else. That can be farming, xp, rvr, etc. Don't you think its better to have healthy server with more player on then a server with less?
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:55 PM by Riac
I would say the same.. Why give 50 players that have have no idea how to play thier class just running around clueless? just because they are lvl 50? Lulz
I have meet sooooo many garbage player in 50 rvr before I went to mostly play Thid.

[/quote]

thats exactly why you give it to 50s, because that is the max lvl. i view titles as a bit of a end game reward system (im assuming you dont). just because they were clueless does not detract from the fact that they were max lvl and running around in a zone that is meant for ppl that are max lvl to fight each other. i dont think kills of any kind should count on your /titles if they arent lvl 50, (opinion) especially solo kills. killing mass amounts of ppl at 50 and 24 are very different things and different mechanics come into play. lvl 24 is pretty lame and youre just capitalizing on weak players, especially being a twink (i feel like you really cant dispute this view. its lame to twink and kill ppl and then sport titles like you actually achieved something cool). atleast at 50 you cant really twink that hard, for the most part, everyone is temped with the same shit.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:04 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:55 PM
thats exactly why you give it to 50s, because that is the max lvl. i view titles as a bit of a end game reward system (im assuming you dont). just because they were clueless does not detract from the fact that they were max lvl and running around in a zone that is meant for ppl that are max lvl to fight each other. i dont think kills of any kind should count on your /titles if they arent lvl 50, (opinion) especially solo kills. killing mass amounts of ppl at 50 and 24 are very different things and different mechanics come into play. lvl 24 is pretty lame and youre just capitalizing on weak players, especially being a twink (i feel like you really cant dispute this view. its lame to twink and kill ppl and then sport titles like you actually achieved something cool). atleast at 50 you cant really twink that hard, for the most part, everyone is temped with the same shit.

Then they should not get it for killing.. but just for leveling to 50 then.... Lulu
I see them as a effort. Regardless of lvl. its sill the same grind. You need to KILL to get them.
But its the same in Thid.. zzzz NOTHING is stopping people to twink themself. And absolutely no.. not everyone is templated at 50 RvR.
Aye enough of this. Everything you apply can be used against you in the same way so we just beating an old horse here.

Its a simple case of "agree to disagree"

But I leave you with this.
Nor here https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Titles, https://darkageofcamelot.com or at PHX does it say that you have to be 50 to get the title. Take Care

"EDIT: Luls! Now when I'm looking, we should also have bg titles! So even more titles to get!! implant asap!!
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:17 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:04 PM
Riac wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:55 PM
Then they should not get it for killing . but just for leveling to 50 then.... Lulu
I see them as a effort. Regardless of lvl. its sill the same grind. You need to KILL to get them.
But its the same in Thid.. zzzz NOTHING is stopping people to twink themself. And absolutely no.. not everyone is not templated at 50 RvR.
But, aye enough of this. Everything you apply can be used against you in the same way so we just beating an old horse here.

Its a simple case of "agree to disagree"

But I leave you with this.
Nor herehttps://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Titles or at PHX does it say that you have to be 50 to get the title. Take Care

"EDIT: Luls! Now when I'm looking, we should also have bg titles! So even more titles to get!! Submit asap!!

i feel like you are purposely misunderstanding what im saying. what are you even talking about with the bold and underlined portion??
and they are a measurement of effort, which is why i argue that killing someone lvl 24 vs 50 is vastly different on the effort front. these lvl 24s have no sort of RAs and very limited defensive abilities, and not really representative of normal encounters between those classes. it is def not the same grind at all, not even close.
as far as nothing stopping them from twinking themselves. while being true, its just dumb. most ppl dont plan on putting down roots in the lvl 24 bg, its more of a pit stop to get one or two ra points to make the rest of the lvling easier. while not everyone is temped in 50 rvr, a whole shitload more are temped or twinked then compared to the thid bg. thats def an apples to oranges comparison.
id be more in favor of bg titles instead of the 50 rvr titles. atleast ppl will know youre a lame ass twink when you put that shit on lol. differentiation is important, i guess we can agree on that.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:24 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:17 PM
i feel like you are purposely misunderstanding what im saying. what are you even talking about with the bold and underlined portion??
and they are a measurement of effort, which is why i argue that killing someone lvl 24 vs 50 is vastly different on the effort front. these lvl 24s have no sort of RAs and very limited defensive abilities, and not really representative of normal encounters between those classes. it is def not the same grind at all, not even close.
as far as nothing stopping them from twinking themselves. while being true, its just dumb. most ppl dont plan on putting down roots in the lvl 24 bg, its more of a pit stop to get one or two ra points to make the rest of the lvling easier. while not everyone is temped in 50 rvr, a whole shitload more are temped or twinked then compared to the thid bg. thats def an apples to oranges comparison.
id be more in favor of bg titles instead of the 50 rvr titles. atleast ppl will know youre a lame ass twink when you put that shit on lol. differentiation is important, i guess we can agree on that.

No we can not agree on that! The bg title should also be there with the rest. that's all for me #caseclosed

EDIT: And if ppl don't plan to root in a lvl 24 bg. Why can't we have rp off then? Should not matter right? Most won't stay there anyway. so that should to be any harm then. haha. Oh my... smh
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:27 PM by easytoremember
Riac wrote:
Only in the FZ will you ever encounter yellow enemies that are 14 levels below you and they count towards every title

I also have a 50 wizard from June that as of yet remains untemplated beyond melee resist/Con Dex Acu
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:29 PM by Riac
easytoremember wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:27 PM
Riac wrote:
Only in the FZ will you ever encounter yellow enemies that are 14 levels below you and they count towards every title

I also have a 50 wizard from June that as of yet remains untemplated beyond melee resist/Con Dex Acu

im perfectly fine with them not counting, i think only lvl 50s should count. just becuase you have a random char w/o a temp doesnt mean its a fair representation of what is running around in fz, that is an anecdote.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:31 PM by _Dax_
easytoremember wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha, good point! Yeah well "deserved" title in 50 rvr!!!
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:31 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:24 PM
Riac wrote:

No we can not agree on that! The bg title should also be there with the rest. that's all for me #caseclosed

EDIT: And if ppl don't plan to root in a lvl 24 bg. Why can't we have rp off then? Should not matter right? Most won't stay there anyway. so that should to be any harm then. haha. Oh my... smh

its not caseclosed just because you say it is lol and apparently the devs dont agree with your stance on the bgs either. id say the devs current policy is more of a case closed then your lame ass remark lol. you still havent clarified what youre talking about in that underlined section.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:32 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:31 PM
easytoremember wrote:
Riac wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha, good point! Yeah well "deserved" title in 50 rvr!!!

im perfectly fine with them not counting, i think only lvl 50s should count. just becuase you have a random char w/o a temp doesnt mean its a fair representation of what is running around in fz, that is an anecdote.
also, if the devs didnt feel it necessary to give out the welfare rps this wouldnt even be a thing. however, they must give the "casuals" a reason to log on , now they feel entitled to these free rps. ironic on stuff like that happens.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:34 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:
its not caseclosed just because you say it is lol and apparently the devs dont agree with your stance on the bgs either. id say the devs current policy is more of a case closed then your lame ass remark lol. you still havent clarified what youre talking about in that underlined section.

#Casecloesd between you and me it is haha QQ.. Tc Mr "non-care" guy
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:36 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:34 PM
Riac wrote:

#Casecloesd between you and me it is haha QQ.. Tc Mr "non-care" guy

i'd quit replying as well if i couldnt dispute the points or answer the questions that is being asked of me. its far easier that way. why should you have to think and reason out your position, thats too hard. much like killing someone at lvl 50 lol.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:38 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:36 PM
i'd quit replying as well if i couldnt dispute the points or answer the questions that is being asked of me. its far easier that way. why should you have to think and reason out your position, thats too hard. much like killing someone at lvl 50 lol.

ok
Tue 11 Feb 2020 10:09 PM by Tillbeast
romulus wrote:
Tillbeast wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:13 PM
Hi!
There is some merit to having an ultra-low cap (i.e. no one will have any RAs besides Tireless 1, LW1, and maybe Serenity 1), but I want to emphasize:

Max RA disparity currently in Thid = 18 points (1L1 -> 2L9)
Max RA disparity currently in FZ = 109 points (1L1 ->12L0)

It depends on class, I have a rr2.8 eldricht on hib side fully twinked...stun is all the cc I need as 99% dont have purge and unless they twinked they dont come out of stun or if they do it only takes 1 more cast. Can't do that if I was rr1.4 nor come anywhere near that, I have to kite and play well. Melee damage in thid is not as good as caster damage and a 2.9 twinked aug dex, aug acuity caster will eat through a tanks hp before they can get anywhere near them.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 7:36 AM by Sepplord
_Dax_ wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 8:48 PM
You should care because some of the Thid players also play there 50's. there is not always action in Thid you know.. so then we do something else. That can be farming, xp, rvr, etc. Don't you think its better to have healthy server with more player on then a server with less?

Sounds like the shittier Thid is, the more those players participate in endgame RvR then?
I disagree that thidranki shouldn't be a fun and supported place to RvR...but you just gave more weight to the biggest argument anti-thidranki people make: That it takes away from endgame-RvR and that more people would participate there if thidranki wasn't an option
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:19 PM by _Dax_
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 7:36 AM
Sounds like the shittier Thid is, the more those players participate in endgame RvR then?
I disagree that thidranki shouldn't be a fun and supported place to RvR...but you just gave more weight to the biggest argument anti-thidranki people make: That it takes away from endgame-RvR and that more people would participate there if thidranki wasn't an option

How can it take away something that in first hand gonna play Thid and not 50 rvr? Should they remove Thid? Make it shittier? A well, then we quit.. how does that help the end-game or the server?? What about farming..? "Farming takes away from 50 rvr.. QQ.. " la la la its just bullshiit.

Is it not better that a Thid player sometimes plays something else on the server then quitting? I guarantee you that the more anti the 50 rvr are against us the bigger than crack gets and de less you will see us in NF or anywhere.

We are just asking for some changes, If not we still gonna play it like it is. its just stupid.. really really stupid! As I said before, even Utgard fixed it because it was so stupid. That should say it all.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:33 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:19 PM
Sepplord wrote:

How can it take away something that in first hand is gonna play Thid and not 50 rvr? Should they remove Thid? Make it shittier? A well then we quit how does that help the end-game or the server?? What about farming..? "Farming takes away from 50 rvr.. QQ.. " la la la its just bullshiit.

Is it not better that a Thid player sometimes plays something else on the server then quitting? I guarantee you that the more anti the 50 rvr are against us the bigger than crack gets and de less you will see us in NF or anywhere.

We are just asking for some changes, If not we still gonna play it like it is. its just stupid.. really really stupid! As I said before, even Utgard fixed it because it was so stupid. That should say it all.

you said these thid ppl did more than play thid. now they dont play more than thid???? someones getting flexible.
no one is against thid being a thing. i dont even care if they have xp off or w/e, but giving them titles is 100% garbage.
tbh plvling a new thid toon isnt the worse, keeps the wheels of the economy turning. getting more loot and xp drops to put on merchs and shit.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:37 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:33 PM
you said these thid ppl did more than play thid. now they dont play more than thid???? someones getting flexible.
no one is against thid being a thing. i dont even care if they have xp off or w/e, but giving them titles is 100% garbage.
tbh plvling a new thid toon isnt the worse, keeps the wheels of the economy turning. getting more loot and xp drops to put on merchs and shit.

Oh my fav Non-care careing guy! Read again
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:47 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:

And titles are given to everyone regardless of lvl, along as it is achieved.
Have been so from the start, so you have to battle Mark Jacobs and the PHX staff for that. Not our fault that he created the game like this and that PHX kept it
XoXo
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:51 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:47 PM
Riac wrote:

And titles are given to everyone regardless of lvl, along as it is achieved.
Have been so from the start, so you have to battle Mark Jacobs and the PHX staff for that. Not our fault that he created the game like this and that PHX kept it
XoXo

considering the titles were added WAYYY later, i somehow think mark jacobs isnt at fault here. also, mark jacobs probably didnt intend for ppl to put down roots at lvl 24. if youre going to make an appeal to authority, you might should pick one that is actually in line with what you are advocating for. without xp/rp off there would be no way for a lvl 24 to get that many kills in /title. its a perversion of the system.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:57 PM by Shamissa
.../rp off agreed, because not everyone wants to be in NF all the time. So what i do is i have one full page of 24 for thid only.
But i dont wanna keep deleting them , so the /rp off would be great, people cant force others do big boy rvr alll the time.
I for one love bg’s and thid is like Molvik in daoc live, so please consider the /rp off as well , thank you !!!!!
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:17 PM by Riac
Shamissa wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:57 PM
.../rp off agreed, because not everyone wants to be in NF all the time. So what i do is i have one full page of 24 for thid only.
But i dont wanna keep deleting them , so the /rp off would be great, people cant force others do big boy rvr alll the time.
I for one love bg’s and thid is like Molvik in daoc live, so please consider the /rp off as well , thank you !!!!!

do you think you deserve titles on those lvl 24 chars?
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:20 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:51 PM
considering the titles were added WAYYY later, i somehow think mark jacobs isnt at fault here. also, mark jacobs probably didnt intend for ppl to put down roots at lvl 24. if youre going to make an appeal to authority, you might should pick one that is actually in line with what you are advocating for. without xp/rp off there would be no way for a lvl 24 to get that many kills in /title. its a perversion of the system.

But still added right and with not lvl required so. And once again this is a custom server. that's why I added PHX to it. but aye
I know you want me to agree with you so hard but it will not happen. deal with it
Title or not. I already have 3 of them on my twinks
Lets focus on rp off that's what this is about.

XoXo
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:22 PM by Sepplord
_Dax_ wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

How can it take away something that in first hand is gonna play Thid and not 50 rvr? Should they remove Thid? Make it shittier? A well then we quit how does that help the end-game or the server?? What about farming..? "Farming takes away from 50 rvr.. QQ.. " la la la its just bullshiit.

i believe you have to carefully read my comment again. I wasn't making that argument and literally stated that don't believe thidranki should be made shit. And ofcourse not removed. But what you wrote pushed exactly the main argument that Anti-thid people make, that more people would play endgame if they wouldn't play thid.

You are not consistent in your argumentation, and in the quoted case even strengthening the oppositon of yours. That's all i said
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:26 PM by _Dax_
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:22 PM
i believe you have to carefully read my comment again. I wasn't making that argument and literally stated that don't believe thidranki should be made shit. And ofcourse not removed. But what you wrote pushed exactly the main argument that Anti-thid people make, that more people would play endgame if they wouldn't play thid.

You are not consistent in your argumentation, and in the quoted case even strengthening the oppositon of yours. That's all i said

ah I missunderstand, sorry.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:28 PM by _Dax_
Sepplord wrote:

Can you show me where I'm not consistent in my argument?
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:32 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:20 PM
Riac wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:51 PM

But still added right and with not lvl required so. And once again this is a custom server. that's why I added PHX to it. but aye
I know you want me to agree with you so hard but it will not happen. deal with it
Title or not. I already have 3 of them on my twinks
Lets focus on rp off that's what this is about.

XoXo

if they are going to give out titles w/ rp off then im 100% against it. that really all my support hinges on. if they dont give titles to lvl 24s then im all for it. was xp off a thing when the titles were added (idk, but im doubting it)? im completely aware its a free shard and you can ask for w/e you want, but so can i. currently the game works how i think should, so that puts the onus on you to rally ppl to your side to assist in calling for a vote or change. youre not doing very good with that part. if this were to be a vote today, i wouldnt vote for it. simply because of the title aspect.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:34 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:28 PM
Sepplord wrote:

well on aspect you are not current with is when i said idc if the thid ppl quit because they arent part of my "ecosystem" then you replied that thid ppl do more than just play thid. Then you replied to someone else saying that if the thid ppl, who apparently do other things, dont get their thid rvr they will simply quit (i read as implying that they dont actually do other things). so that def seems pretty inconsistent to me.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:36 PM by Sepplord
_Dax_ wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

No..i can't. Looks i had to read your comments again carefully too
Sorry too, you aren't inconsistent. You did not make the argument that Thid-players would not play at all if Thid was removed. That's just an argument commonly made by "your" (our?) side of the discussion.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:41 PM by _Dax_
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:36 PM
_Dax_ wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

No..i can't. Looks i had to read your comments again carefully too
Sorry too, you aren't inconsistent. You did not make the argument that Thid-players would not play at all if Thid was removed. That's just an argument commonly made by "your" (our?) side of the discussion.

Haha yea!

Luls, And now dose The "non-care careing guy" Riac look like a fool even more with his recent comment.. oh my days!
Wed 12 Feb 2020 6:15 PM by Riac
_Dax_ wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

yea i had to read this again, this was not very easy to read tbh.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 9:33 PM by _Dax_
Riac wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 6:15 PM
yea i had to read this again, this was not very easy to read tbh.

I edit it now, sorry my english is not the best.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 12:13 AM by LocalIdiot
Riac wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:17 PM
do you think you deserve titles on those lvl 24 chars?

What is the fascination with titles, and with shaming your little brothers and sisters? Ye be mighty worked up for someone who proclaims to have not one shred of care for these knights who have not traveled around the sun very much. Halt and dispense with ye hatred.. or come to Thidranki and be dispensed!

I do not care much about /rp off as it only takes two hours to get to 24 again, taking two hours every so often is not much to ask for. I would much rather the Developers take sight of the terribly-swollen arms we all have in Thidranki. Do ye know how it is possible to have arms of such colossal magnitude? Ye likely think "Ah, an Armsman with swole arms, it simply must be from crushing Lurikeens!" but ye would be terribly mistaken. Diet? No! What our clergy in Albania has called "Thidranki swoleness" is achieved through a steady and relentless excise regieme centered around a single work out: juggling. An entire inventory of pots.

Please, I am exhausted. We are exhausted. We beg of ye to copy over your Combined Forces code, water it down a bit so we do not overdose, and release the Lesser Draught of Combined Forces.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 6:03 AM by Cadebrennus
If you're going to have /rp off then cap the command itself at 1L4 up to and including level 24. That way the Thid lifers can have what they want: a permanent home in Thid, but without an overwhelming RR advantage over newcomers. Those who want a higher RR in Thid will have to forgo this command and simply rp out of Thid at some point.

Basically, if you're for /rp off and against the idea I propose then what you're really for is the idea of roflstomping every newcomer to Thid. If you're for the idea I propose then you actually want to stay in Thid for the action and not just to feel superior to the newcomers.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 8:14 AM by gotwqqd
If people want their characters to stay in this they need lower the RR cap. It’s simply too much.
I know you like being able to obliterate the enemies but it a bit lame
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:44 AM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 8:14 AM
If people want their characters to stay in this they need lower the RR cap. It’s simply too much.

Basically this is what I've proposed. The ones who want /rp off can limit themselves to 1L4, while everyone else who is passing through can pass 1L4 but will eventually have to leave Thid.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 1:28 PM by _Dax_
Cadebrennus wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 6:03 AM
If you're going to have /rp off then cap the command itself at 1L4 up to and including level 24. That way the Thid lifers can have what they want: a permanent home in Thid, but without an overwhelming RR advantage over newcomers. Those who want a higher RR in Thid will have to forgo this command and simply rp out of Thid at some point.

Basically, if you're for /rp off and against the idea I propose then what you're really for is the idea of roflstomping every newcomer to Thid. If you're for the idea I propose then you actually want to stay in Thid for the action and not just to feel superior to the newcomers.

You can put the limit to 1L1... Pepole will get destroyed anyawy! It has nothing to do with ra's but more like twinked full cap on every stats etc. But yeah, its not ez at the start in Thid for the first time. And are you not twinked yeah, then you gonna die no matter what ra's you have. But we all have been there right? I did not just start at 2l9.

And explane how a 1L4 will get out of a ex: noob speced albions with crush 2 style 6sec stun(Just ridiculousus) with any abillity to get out? Atleast at higher rr some classes dont get über OP. Its already insanly hard and if the cap is lower they will just destroy everything like nothing. So i'm not so sure about the suggestion. I think everyone will just do what we already is doing.. and we are back on square one.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 1:43 PM by _Dax_
Cadebrennus wrote:

Should PHX also lower the high-end 50 RR's? So for thoes new who go out in battle not templated? If you're against the idea then what you're really for is the idea of roflstomping every newcomer to NF.. If you're for the idea then you actually want the action fair and square in NF and not just to feel superior to the newcomers. *Höhöhö*
Thu 13 Feb 2020 3:31 PM by Tillbeast
_Dax_ wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 1:28 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

You can put the limit to 1L1... Pepole will get destroyed anyawy! It has nothing to do with ra's but more like twinked full cap on every stats etc. But yeah, its not ez at the start in Thid for the first time. And are you not twinked yeah, then you gonna die no matter what ra's you have. But we all have been there right? I did not just start at 2l9.

And explane how a 1L4 will get out of a ex: noob speced albions with crush 2 style 6sec stun(Just ridiculousus) with any abillity to get out? Atleast at higher rr some classes dont get über OP. Its already insanly hard and if the cap is lower they will just destroy everything like nothing. So i'm not so sure about the suggestion. I think everyone will just do what we already is doing.. and we are back on square one.

Yes albs have a 2 melee chain 6 sec stun whereas hibs have a 1 button 5 second stun, which one did you say was the OP one. The hib 5 second stun you dont come out off when that stunner is a 2L9 caster no matter your rr or twink level whereas I have yet to kill anyone with my fully twinked merc before stun wears off. Damage scales too good for casters and not for melee at low rr. Add in naturally low hp of level 24 characters. A 2L9 caster fully twinked will kill a fully twinked melee character no matter what rr a lot quicker than a 2L9 melee character will kill a caster let alone another melee. I do agree the 2 chain stun is too good but it is nowhere as near broken as a hib caster with 20 points of dps ra's with a 1 button stun.

There is an obvious guild group of rr2 hib casters in Thid who just roflstomp everything they meet, one 5 sec stun and your dead no matter what whereas if they were limited to 1L4 those targeted may have chance to get out of LoS or for a healer type to land a heal.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 4:40 PM by romulus
gotwqqd wrote:
Hi!
I've tried to debunk this assertion that 2L9s can ROFLStomp newbies: the max difference is 18 RA points!
The max difference a newbie will face in FZ RR is 108 RA points, so my belief is that Thid is fairer today with a 2L9 cap than end-game RvR!

Perhaps a different line of reasoning will help. Let's say that they do give /rp off and restore the old cap of 1L4. That means the max difference would be 3 RA points. On the face of it, that seems a lot fairer, and it probably is. Given that every class needs Tireless and LW in order to perma-sprint, that leaves only 2 RA points for discretionary allocation. Casters will ofc take Serenity 1, leaving them with 1 point to spend (at cap). I have no idea what melees would do because I don't really play them. In this world, no one would have enough points to purchase a single level of any cost 5 RAs at all, including purge. What happens now? I can predict that CC would become an absolute nightmare, even more so than it is now. Like standing around doing nothing for 30-40s while the enemy whittles down your group one-by-one? Get used to it, because there would be no counter or recovery from it.

The problem is that RvR was built around CC and purge being available. Take away anyone's ability to get purge, and you effectively make mezz, stun, and root OP as heck in Thidranki. Classes that are already very potent (enchanters, bonedancers, minstrels, et Al) would be getting a substantial buff in this vision of Thidranki since their victims would have no recourse once CC'd.

One possible compromise would be to make the cap slightly higher so at least players would be able to get Purge if they wanted, but then what would a good cap be?
1L9? That would grant 9 points. Enough for Purge level 1 and the same question as before of how to divvy up the remaining 4 points.
2L4? This would allow up to purge level 2 (insta-purge), but there is the very real possibility people would forego purge and sink those points elsewhere to increase their damage output instead. Still, with a max of 14 RA points, they still won't be able to buy much, though I think this might be a good compromise level.
2L9? This is where we are today and I don't think higher caps should be on the table.

Finally, I will admit that in all the time that I've played in Thid, I have not yet ranked a single character out. My highest thid toon is a measly 2L6, so if I had to choose between /rp off with a cap of 1L4, or to maintain the status quo with no /rp off and a cap of 2L9, I would go with the latter, even though I do think 2L9 is a fair cap to have with /rp off. A cap of 1L4 is too low for Thid and would make CC classes much too powerful and that would make gameplay in Thid worse. 1L9 and 2L4 are better, but in the absence of a better alternative, I still ike 2L9.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 4:57 PM by Tillbeast
romulus wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 4:40 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Hi!
I've tried to debunk this assertion that 2L9s can ROFLStomp newbies: the max difference is 18 RA points!
The max difference a newbie will face in FZ RR is 108 RA points, so my belief is that Thid is fairer today with a 2L9 cap than end-game RvR!

Perhaps a different line of reasoning will help. Let's say that they do give /rp off and restore the old cap of 1L4. That means the max difference would be 3 RA points. On the face of it, that seems a lot fairer, and it probably is. Given that every class needs Tireless and LW in order to perma-sprint, that leaves only 2 RA points for discretionary allocation. Casters will ofc take Serenity 1, leaving them with 1 point to spend (at cap). I have no idea what melees would do because I don't really play them. In this world, no one would have enough points to purchase a single level of any cost 5 RAs at all, including purge. What happens now? I can predict that CC would become an absolute nightmare, even more so than it is now. Like standing around doing nothing for 30-40s while the enemy whittles down your group one-by-one? Get used to it, because there would be no counter or recovery from it.

The problem is that RvR was built around CC and purge being available. Take away anyone's ability to get purge, and you effectively make mezz, stun, and root OP as heck in Thidranki. Classes that are already very potent (enchanters, bonedancers, minstrels, et Al) would be getting a substantial buff in this vision of Thidranki since their victims would have no recourse once CC'd.

One possible compromise would be to make the cap slightly higher so at least players would be able to get Purge if they wanted, but then what would a good cap be?
1L9? That would grant 9 points. Enough for Purge level 1 and the same question as before of how to divvy up the remaining 4 points.
2L4? This would allow up to purge level 2 (insta-purge), but there is the very real possibility people would forego purge and sink those points elsewhere to increase their damage output instead. Still, with a max of 14 RA points, they still won't be able to buy much, though I think this might be a good compromise level.
2L9? This is where we are today and I don't think higher caps should be on the table.

Finally, I will admit that in all the time that I've played in Thid, I have not yet ranked a single character out. My highest thid toon is a measly 2L6, so if I had to choose between /rp off with a cap of 1L4, or to maintain the status quo with no /rp off and a cap of 2L9, I would go with the latter, even though I do think 2L9 is a fair cap to have with /rp off. A cap of 1L4 is too low for Thid and would make CC classes much too powerful and that would make gameplay in Thid worse. 1L9 and 2L4 are better, but in the absence of a better alternative, I still ike 2L9.

Thid was always 1L4 on live and cc was never a real problem then. Twinking is dirt cheap on pheonix which helps with resists. As my previous post says a hib caster that spends 19 points into dps related realm abilities which they do, is absolutely broken at this level (its not a lvl 50).Its basically the old live server ToA problem that boosted caster dps so much it was basically if you did not have purge up (or bracer artifact to bounce stun) you were dead. Forcing everyone (bar hib casters) to take purge 2 is wrong. Thid always worked with 1L4 no need to have ever increased the cap.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 5:12 PM by romulus
Tillbeast wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 4:57 PM
Thid was always 1L4 on live and cc was never a real problem then. Twinking is dirt cheap on pheonix which helps with resists. As my previous post says a hib caster that spends 19 points into dps related realm abilities which they do, is absolutely broken at this level (its not a lvl 50).Its basically the old live server ToA problem that boosted caster dps so much it was basically if you did not have purge up (or bracer artifact to bounce stun) you were dead. Forcing everyone (bar hib casters) to take purge 2 is wrong. Thid always worked with 1L4 no need to have ever increased the cap.
Hi!
And yet the current cap in Thid is 2L9 and there are no roving bands of Hibernian casters that WTFPwn everything?

Forgive my snark. I will agree that there are some very strong toons there, but I would not agree that they are unbeatable by newbies. And because anecdotal evidence is so relevant, I was in a group last night with a level 23 1L1 and he did just fine, even leveled up to 24 while we were playing. It is pretty safe to say that the 1L4 vs. 2L9 cap debate is over and 2L9 won. It's been like that for a long while now. The level of action in Thid has been much higher lately than it ever was with a 1L4 cap (Not implying causation, but definitely correlation). The only issue being debated is /rp off. If action is great now with rp /off disabled, I predict it will be the same or better with /rp off enabled.

Whether that is a good thing, or not, is a question best left for the devs to ponder.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 5:34 PM by Tillbeast
romulus wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 5:12 PM
Tillbeast wrote:
Hi!
And yet the current cap in Thid is 2L9 and there are no roving bands of Hibernian casters that WTFPwn everything?

Forgive my snark. I will agree that there are some very strong toons there, but I would not agree that they are unbeatable by newbies. And because anecdotal evidence is so relevant, I was in a group last night with a level 23 1L1 and he did just fine, even leveled up to 24 while we were playing. It is pretty safe to say that the 1L4 vs. 2L9 cap debate is over and 2L9 won. It's been like that for a long while now. The level of action in Thid has been much higher lately than it ever was with a 1L4 cap (Not implying causation, but definitely correlation). The only issue being debated is /rp off. If action is great now with rp /off disabled, I predict it will be the same or better with /rp off enabled.

Whether that is a good thing, or not, is a question best left for the devs to ponder.

True the 2l9 debate is really over its just a shame that the devs vision of daoc is so very different to the original....I miss the good old days. An idea for a solution would to be to limit the ra's availble, no 5 point or more costing abilities allowed and other abilities limited to level 3. Thid pop is pretty poor balance wise but not in numbers, to be fair 20+ albs and barely enough hibs and mids to ever take the ck is not good but for some reason albs love Thid, just lucky that hibs dont like Thid as much else the issues I don't like will be seen a lot more often. You see the same hib and mid twinks but rarely enough for a fg apart from that hib group that often plays, it may not even be a fg but they only lose when they get well and truly zerged.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 6:15 PM by LocalIdiot
Tillbeast wrote:
Twinking is dirt cheap on pheonix which helps with resists.

Small disagreement here, unless you are a caster twinking a Thidranki toon can be a pain in the ass. I have yet to template my armsman and not for a lack of trying. It is just very difficult to get gear! I've templated 50's in the time I've spent trying to get this toon made. Aye, the Thidranki end game be very, very serious!

Tillbeast wrote:
Thid pop is pretty poor balance wise but not in numbers, to be fair 20+ albs and barely enough hibs and mids to ever take the ck is not good but for some reason albs love Thid, just lucky that hibs dont like Thid as much else the issues I don't like will be seen a lot more often. You see the same hib and mid twinks but rarely enough for a fg apart from that hib group that often plays, it may not even be a fg but they only lose when they get well and truly zerged.

Now ye have struck the main problem with Thidranki, aside from the pot insanity. All of the problems I read about regarding camping CK, getting zerged, etc has to do with population. There be simply too many Albanians in Thidranki. Sometimes it isn't even fun for us because there isn't anything to do! We need more Hibs/Mids in Thidranki.

If we want Thidranki to be balanced and remain fun we have to do it ourselves because as ye see, most do not give two hoots about our wars! I say to ye do not shame the kids table, we have very nice food over here! We just have way too much mashed potatoes, and not enough peas and pork. We need more peas and pork!

How do we get more peas and pork? Ye need to put out the word that Thidranki be the new Emain, that ye be (trying) to siege the King's cottage, that the eating be good there and the reviews 5/5 stars, etc. Failing that, I will have to ship out some of the lowest Albanian wretches to your shores so they may learn to live in your trees. Ye need reinforcements. Ye really need reinforcements. Even if they be washed up CK soil inspectors!
Thu 13 Feb 2020 6:31 PM by _Dax_
Tillbeast wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 3:31 PM
Yes albs have a 2 melee chain 6 sec stun whereas hibs have a 1 button 5 second stun, which one did you say was the OP one. The hib 5 second stun you dont come out off when that stunner is a 2L9 caster no matter your rr or twink level whereas I have yet to kill anyone with my fully twinked merc before stun wears off. Damage scales too good for casters and not for melee at low rr. Add in naturally low hp of level 24 characters. A 2L9 caster fully twinked will kill a fully twinked melee character no matter what rr a lot quicker than a 2L9 melee character will kill a caster let alone another melee. I do agree the 2 chain stun is too good but it is nowhere as near broken as a hib caster with 20 points of dps ra's with a 1 button stun.

There is an obvious guild group of rr2 hib casters in Thid who just roflstomp everything they meet, one 5 sec stun and your dead no matter what whereas if they were limited to 1L4 those targeted may have chance to get out of LoS or for a healer type to land a heal.

Are you Tillin? if so..

I have seen you killed 3 guys that have jumped you.
Yet too see a Hib caster kill 3 guys that have been jumped.. If 2 sneaks jumps you while you already are on one target.. that is = DEAD! not the case with mercs

Also seen many mercs coming out of a caster stun and still have half the hp left.
But have you ever seen a hib caster or any caster survive the 2style 6sec stunn? na you have not.

I mean how much more hp do ex: a half ogre vs a lurrikeen caster have

But its hard to compare a meelee class vs a caster class.. so lets go Melee vs Melee and Caster vs Caster

What melee class can take a ex: dt crush merc, crush reaver? Cant see one, maybe a Champion with extreamly good rng.
-vs-
What caster class can take a ex Mentalist, eld? Every caster class! Especially if they have NS, then is it almost game over

So who again is the op class?
Thu 13 Feb 2020 6:37 PM by _Dax_
Sorry for the off-topic.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 7:36 PM by Tillbeast
_Dax_ wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 6:31 PM
Tillbeast wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 3:31 PM

Are you Tillin? if so..

I have seen you killed 3 guys that have jumped you.
Yet too see a Hib caster kill 3 guys that have been jumped.. If 2 sneaks jumps you while you already are on one target.. that is = DEAD! not the case with mercs

Also seen many mercs coming out of a caster stun and still have half the hp left.
But have you ever seen a hib caster or any caster survive the 2style 6sec stunn? na you have not.

I mean how much more hp do ex: a half ogre vs a lurrikeen caster have

But its hard to compare a meelee class vs a caster class.. so lets go Melee vs Melee and Caster vs Caster

What melee class can take a ex: dt crush merc, crush reaver? Cant see one, maybe a Champion with extreamly good rng.
-vs-
What caster class can take a ex Mentalist, eld? Every caster class! Especially if they have NS, then is it almost game over

So who again is the op class?

No Tillin is not me and and yes any caster is going to have problems with sneaks...you may have seen my chanter, menty or eld kill multiple melee targets in Thid that were not sneaks whilst solo...its not particularly hard vs classes with zero ranged abilities and you have multiple forms of cc. Fully twinked and buffed killing a melee is pretty easy as a melee cannot kill what it cannot catch. I can kill sneaks with a bit of luck if I survive the PA and get a quick cast cc off to get range then its even easier than other melee. Yes the merc and other melee classes may come out of stun with some hp due to being twinked with potions but they are not going to get anywhere near the caster before they are dead. Melee is a great counter to melee and a merc and reaver are strong but casters can kill melee with impunity....prob is most players in thid don't know how to kite. That rr2 group that I keep mentioning do know and you never get close enough to them until a second group turns up. If the cap level was 1l4 this would not be possible due to not having all the extra dps being 2l9 gives you. They prob would still win a lot of 8v8 as they are obviously good players but they would not be able to kill as many as they do know as they would lack the dps to do so.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 7:46 PM by Tillbeast
LocalIdiot wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 6:15 PM
Tillbeast wrote:
Twinking is dirt cheap on pheonix which helps with resists.

Small disagreement here, unless you are a caster twinking a Thidranki toon can be a pain in the ass. I have yet to template my armsman and not for a lack of trying. It is just very difficult to get gear! I've templated 50's in the time I've spent trying to get this toon made. Aye, the Thidranki end game be very, very serious!

Tillbeast wrote:
Thid pop is pretty poor balance wise but not in numbers, to be fair 20+ albs and barely enough hibs and mids to ever take the ck is not good but for some reason albs love Thid, just lucky that hibs dont like Thid as much else the issues I don't like will be seen a lot more often. You see the same hib and mid twinks but rarely enough for a fg apart from that hib group that often plays, it may not even be a fg but they only lose when they get well and truly zerged.

Now ye have struck the main problem with Thidranki, aside from the pot insanity. All of the problems I read about regarding camping CK, getting zerged, etc has to do with population. There be simply too many Albanians in Thidranki. Sometimes it isn't even fun for us because there isn't anything to do! We need more Hibs/Mids in Thidranki.

If we want Thidranki to be balanced and remain fun we have to do it ourselves because as ye see, most do not give two hoots about our wars! I say to ye do not shame the kids table, we have very nice food over here! We just have way too much mashed potatoes, and not enough peas and pork. We need more peas and pork!

How do we get more peas and pork? Ye need to put out the word that Thidranki be the new Emain, that ye be (trying) to siege the King's cottage, that the eating be good there and the reviews 5/5 stars, etc. Failing that, I will have to ship out some of the lowest Albanian wretches to your shores so they may learn to live in your trees. Ye need reinforcements. Ye really need reinforcements. Even if they be washed up CK soil inspectors!

Disagree with you about the cost of twinking. I have a level 24 of all classes in albion bar a minstrel (a class I will never play) and they are all fully twinked, max stats, resists etc. Costs between 600g and 1p per character and most of that is making the 99% armour and weapons needed as they all weaponless temps. You just need to spend some time levelling tradeskills to be able to make lvl 26 gear. Alchemy is dirt cheap for the potions and spellcraft needs to be about 800 to enchant armour which prob cost 1-2p. Most characters will have tradeskills done to support there 50's. Prob spent about 5-7p on twinks which is not a lot on pheonix when its pretty easy to farm gold.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 8:22 PM by romulus
LocalIdiot wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 6:15 PM
Hi!
Hit me up when you've got an hour or so to burn outside of Thid and we can get you twinked right proper. Open invitation to anyone, really. What I do isn't a secret: I have a 34 cab and go camp the moor boogies at the old boogey fort in Cornwall. They drop exclusively level 25 items with level 25 procs on them. Whoever wants the items, just group me and 1/2 (roughly) of the drops will be class-specific to the grouped character. After about an hour, you should have decent thid gear for each armor and weapon slot. Use your own purple trinkets to taste. If you want to lower the repair bill some, you can farm trinkets from the danaoin clerks or danaoin fishermen (oj-red-purple for thid toons). If there is interest, I also have a level-appropriate cab for farming those.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 8:34 PM by LocalIdiot
Tillbeast wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 7:46 PM
Disagree with you about the cost of twinking. I have a level 24 of all classes in albion bar a minstrel (a class I will never play) and they are all fully twinked, max stats, resists etc. Costs between 600g and 1p per character and most of that is making the 99% armour and weapons needed as they all weaponless temps. You just need to spend some time levelling tradeskills to be able to make lvl 26 gear. Alchemy is dirt cheap for the potions and spellcraft needs to be about 800 to enchant armour which prob cost 1-2p. Most characters will have tradeskills done to support there 50's. Prob spent about 5-7p on twinks which is not a lot on pheonix when its pretty easy to farm gold.

Aye, crafted gear costs little and so do high-level filler RoGs. That is not the issue with trying to hulk out in Thidranki. Crafted gear does not have any procs. There is only one way to get level 25 proc gear and it is to do some very specific farming. That takes time. Ye won't find much of this gear in the market.

romulus wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 8:22 PM
Hi!
Hit me up when you've got an hour or so to burn outside of Thid and we can get you twinked right proper. Open invitation to anyone, really. What I do isn't a secret: I have a 34 cab and go camp the moor boogies at the old boogey fort in Cornwall. They drop exclusively level 25 items with level 25 procs on them. Whoever wants the items, just group me and 1/2 (roughly) of the drops will be class-specific to the grouped character. After about an hour, you should have decent thid gear for each armor and weapon slot. Use your own purple trinkets to taste. If you want to lower the repair bill some, you can farm trinkets from the danaoin clerks or danaoin fishermen (oj-red-purple for thid toons). If there is interest, I also have a level-appropriate cab for farming those.

Aye I do the same set up but with a different camp. And the same for higher level gear. It is just very slow when you are not grouped with the class you are farming for. Factor in 3 different pole damage types and it takes even longer! I am open to trading farming sessions and am open to helping anyone else that needs some gear.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 8:47 PM by _Dax_
Tillbeast wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 7:36 PM
No Tillin is not me and and yes any caster is going to have problems with sneaks...you may have seen my chanter, menty or eld kill multiple melee targets in Thid that were not sneaks whilst solo...its not particularly hard vs classes with zero ranged abilities and you have multiple forms of cc. Fully twinked and buffed killing a melee is pretty easy as a melee cannot kill what it cannot catch. I can kill sneaks with a bit of luck if I survive the PA and get a quick cast cc off to get range then its even easier than other melee. Yes the merc and other melee classes may come out of stun with some hp due to being twinked with potions but they are not going to get anywhere near the caster before they are dead. Melee is a great counter to melee and a merc and reaver are strong but casters can kill melee with impunity....prob is most players in thid don't know how to kite. That rr2 group that I keep mentioning do know and you never get close enough to them until a second group turns up. If the cap level was 1l4 this would not be possible due to not having all the extra dps being 2l9 gives you. They prob would still win a lot of 8v8 as they are obviously good players but they would not be able to kill as many as they do know as they would lack the dps to do so.

Well, I'm talking about 3 players they do not have to be sneaks. And also i'm not talking about you get a good inc. its the other way aound.
I'm talking about, You fight 1 and all of the sudden 2 more gets in and starts hammering your ass. Its game over, But not for the merc, he can not survive that melee train!

And I'm not sayin that Baseline Stun is not powerful because it is! But a luurekeen is fragile like foam and can easly get rupted after clrearcast is used., The Merc is not and can only be stopped if he is cced.

But once again are we talking about Melee vs Caster. As i said before. Answer me this:
Which melee can take a Dt crush merc?
- Vs -
Which caster can take a "Insert Hib caster"

Every class that not are support and can dps can take out a Eld on a good suprice inc. But not every class can take out a dt crush merc on a good suprice inc

And btw.. If a sneak PA you insted of backstab 2, He should die, because then he is garbage anyway
lol wtf

Sorry for off-topic again
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:01 PM by _Dax_
Tillbeast wrote:

Wtf is going on?!?!? Are you running crafted armor? Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaah
Sorry but you are clueless..

You need that sweet lvl 25 proc's armor! That you ONLY can get by farming not Craft...
Most players prefer LT = 'Life tap' But any dmg or heal proc works too... LOL
Sorry but your credibility is gone now.

Oh my days!
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:20 PM by Tillbeast
_Dax_ wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:01 PM
Tillbeast wrote:

Wtf is going on?!?!? Are you running crafted armor? Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaah
Sorry but you are clueless..

You need that sweet lvl 25 proc's armor! That you ONLY can get by farming not Craft...
Most players prefer LT = 'Life tap' But any dmg or heal proc works too... LOL
Sorry but your credibility is gone now.

Oh my days!
I am aware of the armour you can farm, I was saying it was not expensive to make a temp. Farming the armour just takes time not gold
Fri 14 Feb 2020 3:18 PM by Babajaga
_Dax_ wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 8:47 PM
But once again are we talking about Melee vs Caster. As i said before. Answer me this:
- Vs -

Actually crush mercs are pretty weak against any hybrid class since they can't rupt. Rangers (if they kite well as i do), NS with snare poisons+disease, kite and nuke.. skalds(weapon dance + mezz and First Aid if in trouble), champions, thanes if they kite hammer side snare + nuke. All of theses classes if the player is good can beat mercs since they always use dirty tricks, you have to kite. usually the 6sec stun get ur health down to 50% before ur out of stun, giving u a chance to kite if u dont fumble. if u do your dead, if the merc dont stun you before ur snare or ur stun succeed u can survive and beat him like i said.

hib casters can be beat by a necro, sorc, cab, theurg, sm, bd. every classes with a pet.

unfortunately as Tillbeast said, very few in thid knows actually how to kite making mercs really OP.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 4:13 PM by _Dax_
Babajaga wrote:
Fri 14 Feb 2020 3:18 PM
Actually crush mercs are pretty weak against any hybrid class since they can't rupt. Rangers (if they kite well as i do), NS with snare poisons+disease, kite and nuke.. skalds(weapon dance + mezz and First Aid if in trouble), champions, thanes if they kite hammer side snare + nuke. All of theses classes if the player is good can beat mercs since they always use dirty tricks, you have to kite. usually the 6sec stun get ur health down to 50% before ur out of stun, giving u a chance to kite if u dont fumble. if u do your dead, if the merc dont stun you before ur snare or ur stun succeed u can survive and beat him like i said.

hib casters can be beat by a necro, sorc, cab, theurg, sm, bd. every classes with a pet.

unfortunately as Tillbeast said, very few in thid knows actually how to kite making mercs really OP.

Yeah I have beating them also.. but that is with a perfect play, but for the most part I die.
And every good player should at least have one part with 'stable [insert dmg] alloy tincture' for a rupt.
So yeah they can rupt at least one time.

But when I get back on Monday, you show me how "week" the mercs are on your NS
And I know you are one of the best players in there, so yeah it will be fun to watch.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 8:32 PM by Cadebrennus
Babajaga wrote:
_Dax_ wrote:
- Vs -

That seems to be the case with the vast majority of players. They would rather whine about other classes than learn how to play against them.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 8:57 PM by Cotea
Jafeeio wrote:
romulus wrote:

I dare to disagree here.

The 1 thing your missing is a few of these RAs (Toughness, TWF, AM, DI, ICHOR) all have level restrictions of 40+

So if your gonna talk about RAs... Make sure they are about ones they CAN use.... And not ones that are already restricted to 40+
Fri 14 Feb 2020 9:07 PM by romulus
Cotea wrote:
Fri 14 Feb 2020 8:57 PM
The 1 thing your missing is a few of these RAs (Toughness, TWF, AM, DI, ICHOR) all have level restrictions of 40+

So if your gonna talk about RAs... Make sure they are about ones they CAN use.... And not ones that are already restricted to 40+
Hi!
Uh, well this is awkward...
... I have DI and I'm only 24 in thid.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 9:21 PM by Jafeeio
Cotea wrote:

You on the other hand missed out on reading the rest of the thread, but apparently there is still no consensus on which RAs are actually available

I don't have a Thidranki level healer or shaman to check.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 10:23 PM by _Dax_
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 14 Feb 2020 8:32 PM
Babajaga wrote:
_Dax_ wrote:
- Vs -

That seems to be the case with the vast majority of players. They would rather whine about other classes than learn how to play against them.

You are also welcome to show it off. Monday 08pm, I bring you PL to 24 and LT templated armor for a NS or a Champion. xD
Sun 16 Feb 2020 9:53 PM by Siouxsie
It's a damn shame Thid is now filled with fad-of-the-year Minstrels with red pets running around.
Minstrels should have never been allowed red pets at level 24, but the server mechanics as they are here appear to allow that
and all kinds of dirty tricks for minstrels. What a shame. Phoenix devs/GMs refuse to actually look at the problem and deal with it.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 1:13 AM by _Dax_
Siouxsie wrote:
Sun 16 Feb 2020 9:53 PM
It's a damn shame Thid is now filled with fad-of-the-year Minstrels with red pets running around.
Minstrels should have never been allowed red pets at level 24, but the server mechanics as they are here appear to allow that
and all kinds of dirty tricks for minstrels. What a shame. Phoenix devs/GMs refuse to actually look at the problem and deal with it.

Well, only player that get rekt on anything else plays a minstrels in there.
You can play it blindfolded and win. Just /rofl and take a death at the garbage.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 4:15 AM by Forlornhope
Thid's biggest problem, imo, is all the albs who out number people 8 to 1 but then wonder why there's not much action in thid. They need to switch realms and tip the balance to create action.
Fri 21 Feb 2020 10:01 AM by Nevsky
Not only do they outnumber everyone but then they sit in ck and do nothing for an hour before logging off. It's a friggin video game. If you're just gonna sit around then why bother logging in. No one is charging into a fortified caster wall with no RPs.

The only albs running around are minstrels with stacked RPs. In other words, it's boring because the dominate realm there won't engage anyone even with a huge advantage. They can have thid honestly. Molvik was always more fun and interesting.
Fri 21 Feb 2020 3:48 PM by Tillbeast
A lot of albs are visiting players on way to 50 just visiting maybe to grab a few realm abilities to help levelling whereas a lot of the hib characters I see are permanent residents of thid and a higher percentage of hibs are obvious twinks. Not saying every hib is a twink but the percentage of twinks in comparrison to total hibs is a lot higher than the number of alb twinks compared to total number of alb players. Cannot say about mids as I have not seen many of them when compared to hibs. I never see blue hibs and only seen 2 blue kobalds yet i often group with albs who are between 20 and 24. There is also an aweful lot of consantoirs (rr2) about and its no fun for a group of alb non twinks to get absolutely owned by another group so they ck hump so if these superior rr groups do engage at least you have chance to kite them into guards. If they do leave ck they will often go as a zerg for protection. You do see alb full groups roaming but quite often that is also a twink group or a group of mostly twinks.

Don't know why thid is used more by albs than the other realms but first thing that needs to be fixed is balance. RR1L4 should be the limit. Level 24 hit points were not balanced around characters with potentally 20 points of dps orientated realm abilities, it give some class types, primarily dps casters a huge advantage. A melee dps gets a big increase of dps but its the ease in the way a ranged dps character can apply that dps that breaks Thidranki. Hib casters with base line stun are insanely powerful.

Lets lower the power of level of Thid, make engagements last longer and make it more fun for everyone not just the twinks.
Make /rp off possible but limit the amount of realm points.
Fri 21 Feb 2020 4:02 PM by Azuell
I don't know if this is possible but maybe limiting the group size to 5 in thid would help even the playing field for the underpop realms. Honestly with the overall low population in thid, running around in a fg is pretty lame (especially for temped thid toons). Do you ever actually get fights against another full group? My guess is rarely, so that just means your running around stomping groups of 1-4.
Sun 23 Feb 2020 3:08 PM by Fribrand
Siouxsie wrote:
Sun 16 Feb 2020 9:53 PM

I started a thread to suggest RED mobs be removed from BGs:
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12574

This would not affect the game mechanics at all.
It would simply eliminate to ability to have red pets in low level BGs.

I think the scaling problems of RVR wasn't thought out very well.
Red pets at level 24 are too OP because a lot of classes don't get the abilities needed to cope with pets until higher levels.

You should go to the thread and support that change.
Fri 27 Mar 2020 9:42 PM by Taniquetil
Anyone know what level items are still cheap for a thid toon to repair to make SC easiest?
Sat 28 Mar 2020 6:23 AM by shusama
Some of us play BGs more exclusively because preparing for FZ is a huge time sink, and because we have a limited time to play. Also FZ can take forever to find fights due to the shear size of the map, whereas Thid/Cale/Cathal/Molvik is easy to roam and not alot of delay between fights. Also to the mouthy skald that has a problem with the "skill level" of a guild group in thid. Almost everyone in that guild plays at 50, and everyone in that guild will give ya a nice duel or 1v1 if you play another realm than mid and give us a bow. Check the skills out if you doubt them. Lastly, there are constantly zergy fights in thid, but boy did our 4-8 (depending on time of night) cut some zergs and have some really fun fights. Thanks Jeneva for bringing a group out for us to play with tonight. Niiice. 🤙 202 kills on the night. GG.
Mon 30 Mar 2020 8:07 PM by Cotea
romulus wrote:
Fri 14 Feb 2020 9:07 PM
Cotea wrote:

Hi!
Uh, well this is awkward...
... I have DI and I'm only 24 in thid.

Any realm ability that is like this...

[Thornweed Field] <-- with the square bracket is 40+ check to see if DI has that, if so it does... then phoenix made a mistake lol...
Mon 30 Mar 2020 8:37 PM by romulus
Cotea wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020 8:07 PM

[Thornweed Field] <-- with the square bracket is 40+ check to see if DI has that, if so it does... then phoenix made a mistake lol...
Hi!
DI (for clerics, at least) is not a level 40-exclusive. The only level-40 RAs for cleric are Toughness and Mastery of Focus. It is still possible that DI was intended to be level 40+, but that isn't how it is currently classified. It would be interesting to hear if Healers and Druids also have access to DI pre-40, but I've never played anything but Albion so I just don't know if that's the case.
Tue 31 Mar 2020 2:34 AM by Doolin
romulus wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020 8:37 PM
Cotea wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020 8:07 PM

Hi!
DI (for clerics, at least) is not a level 40-exclusive. The only level-40 RAs for cleric are Toughness and Mastery of Focus. It is still possible that DI was intended to be level 40+, but that isn't how it is currently classified. It would be interesting to hear if Healers and Druids also have access to DI pre-40, but I've never played anything but Albion so I just don't know if that's the case.

Heya Jas,

My Druid has DI1 in Thid as well
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics