Catacombs Classes & Labyrinth

Started 19 Feb 2020
by Ashlityr
in Suggestions
I understand the topic is heavily debated, but let's just establish that IF the catacomb classes were to be added they would be toned down to fit into the existing roster. Now for context for all of us that are optimistic that this addition could work, my real question is how difficult would this be for you devs to not only impliment, but to balance? Along these same lines, I imagine the addition of the laby zone would solve a lot of the issues that the small man/solo crowd are facing when the zergs are out. Assuming you wanted to do it, what kind of work on your end would opening the labyrinth zone require?
Wed 19 Feb 2020 7:03 AM by Pao
No data classes... they don't fit into daoc they destroyed daoc because they started to give everyone more and more gadgets to hold up with the cata classes.
Cata classes were poorly designed into this game. Stay true classic please.

Never play lab but new zones are always great.
Wed 19 Feb 2020 8:10 AM by Sepplord
Pao wrote:
Wed 19 Feb 2020 7:03 AM
No data classes... they don't fit into daoc they destroyed daoc because they started to give everyone more and more gadgets to hold up with the cata classes.
Cata classes were poorly designed into this game. Stay true classic please.

Just want to add that what i have seen from lab-zones it all was dark and ugly. But that's personal preference and optics come behind gameplay for me. Far behind.

Heavily skeptical towards cataclasses though. I doubt they would improve the server
Wed 19 Feb 2020 9:35 PM by The Skies Asunder
I loved Valkyrie on Live, but I just don't see how the Catacombs classes would help the server at all. Especially Vampiir, and Warlock. They were both out of control bad design. I personally disliked the Labyrinth zones, because of the constant teleporting, and overall visuals, but I have no issues with new zones as a whole, even if it was just Laby. The ToA zones are much nicer though (except still huge).
Thu 20 Feb 2020 3:10 AM by pollojack
Valk and Heretic could be interesting additions, valk balanced out of the gate. Warlock and Vamp were awful. Banshee was tolerable after being toned down but wow do hibs need more siege classes?
Thu 20 Feb 2020 6:53 AM by Razur Ur
Haha Mid and Alb get next op class and hib should get trash class? Nerfed banshee and vamp without charge is super trash ;-).
Thu 20 Feb 2020 4:18 PM by Enyore
Yes - I am sure old-school monster-res will be a blast.

Lets face it, the only catacombs class that ever fit into the game was the Valkyrie before it was allowed the mending spec, back when it was only sword/spear/shield and odins will.

Rest of the classes were shit that was either broken at its core or just went in and out of being flavour of the month depending on the patch. Even a well balanced class like the valkyrie they managed to destroy by throwing it into the FOTM game with the instand mending shit that made it impossible to balance.

NO, NO, NO and NO.... Mythic couldn't balance these classes despite trying for 10 years... lets learn from this mistake and no repeat it.
Fri 21 Feb 2020 10:16 PM by easytoremember
Pao wrote:
Wed 19 Feb 2020 7:03 AM
You'll regret that optimism
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics