Re: Thidranki --> /rp off

It's a damn shame Thid is now filled with fad-of-the-year Minstrels with red pets running around.
Minstrels should have never been allowed red pets at level 24, but the server mechanics as they are here appear to allow that
and all kinds of dirty tricks for minstrels. What a shame. Phoenix devs/GMs refuse to actually look at the problem and deal with it.

Siouxsie wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:53 pm
It's a damn shame Thid is now filled with fad-of-the-year Minstrels with red pets running around.
Minstrels should have never been allowed red pets at level 24, but the server mechanics as they are here appear to allow that
and all kinds of dirty tricks for minstrels. What a shame. Phoenix devs/GMs refuse to actually look at the problem and deal with it.
Well, only player that get rekt on anything else plays a minstrels in there.
You can play it blindfolded and win. Just /rofl and take a death at the garbage. :D :D
Buford T Justice, Police commissioner of 'Thidranki Police Department'

Not only do they outnumber everyone but then they sit in ck and do nothing for an hour before logging off. It's a friggin video game. If you're just gonna sit around then why bother logging in. No one is charging into a fortified caster wall with no RPs.

The only albs running around are minstrels with stacked RPs. In other words, it's boring because the dominate realm there won't engage anyone even with a huge advantage. They can have thid honestly. Molvik was always more fun and interesting.

A lot of albs are visiting players on way to 50 just visiting maybe to grab a few realm abilities to help levelling whereas a lot of the hib characters I see are permanent residents of thid and a higher percentage of hibs are obvious twinks. Not saying every hib is a twink but the percentage of twinks in comparrison to total hibs is a lot higher than the number of alb twinks compared to total number of alb players. Cannot say about mids as I have not seen many of them when compared to hibs. I never see blue hibs and only seen 2 blue kobalds yet i often group with albs who are between 20 and 24. There is also an aweful lot of consantoirs (rr2) about and its no fun for a group of alb non twinks to get absolutely owned by another group so they ck hump so if these superior rr groups do engage at least you have chance to kite them into guards. If they do leave ck they will often go as a zerg for protection. You do see alb full groups roaming but quite often that is also a twink group or a group of mostly twinks.

Don't know why thid is used more by albs than the other realms but first thing that needs to be fixed is balance. RR1L4 should be the limit. Level 24 hit points were not balanced around characters with potentally 20 points of dps orientated realm abilities, it give some class types, primarily dps casters a huge advantage. A melee dps gets a big increase of dps but its the ease in the way a ranged dps character can apply that dps that breaks Thidranki. Hib casters with base line stun are insanely powerful.

Lets lower the power of level of Thid, make engagements last longer and make it more fun for everyone not just the twinks.
Make /rp off possible but limit the amount of realm points.

I don't know if this is possible but maybe limiting the group size to 5 in thid would help even the playing field for the underpop realms. Honestly with the overall low population in thid, running around in a fg is pretty lame (especially for temped thid toons). Do you ever actually get fights against another full group? My guess is rarely, so that just means your running around stomping groups of 1-4.

Siouxsie wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:53 pm
I started a thread to suggest RED mobs be removed from BGs:
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... 10&t=12574

This would not affect the game mechanics at all.
It would simply eliminate to ability to have red pets in low level BGs.

I think the scaling problems of RVR wasn't thought out very well.
Red pets at level 24 are too OP because a lot of classes don't get the abilities needed to cope with pets until higher levels.

You should go to the thread and support that change.

Some of us play BGs more exclusively because preparing for FZ is a huge time sink, and because we have a limited time to play. Also FZ can take forever to find fights due to the shear size of the map, whereas Thid/Cale/Cathal/Molvik is easy to roam and not alot of delay between fights. Also to the mouthy skald that has a problem with the "skill level" of a guild group in thid. Almost everyone in that guild plays at 50, and everyone in that guild will give ya a nice duel or 1v1 if you play another realm than mid and give us a bow. Check the skills out if you doubt them. Lastly, there are constantly zergy fights in thid, but boy did our 4-8 (depending on time of night) cut some zergs and have some really fun fights. Thanks Jeneva for bringing a group out for us to play with tonight. Niiice. 🤙 202 kills on the night. GG.

romulus wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:07 pm
Cotea wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:57 pm

The 1 thing your missing is a few of these RAs (Toughness, TWF, AM, DI, ICHOR) all have level restrictions of 40+

So if your gonna talk about RAs... Make sure they are about ones they CAN use.... And not ones that are already restricted to 40+
Hi!
Uh, well this is awkward... :?
... I have DI and I'm only 24 in thid.
:hugs:
Any realm ability that is like this...

[Thornweed Field] <-- with the square bracket is 40+ check to see if DI has that, if so it does... then phoenix made a mistake lol...