Level 35s coning yellow

Started 16 Feb 2020
by Forlornhope
in Suggestions
This really should never have been a thing, remove them receiving task credit, and have them con normally. Then maybe we wouldn't have rr9 groups camping xp spots for easy kill credits. Yeah, I am sure I'll have people come here and say "if you don't want to die don't go in a rvr zone".. But really? In the past hour a rr7 stealth three man a rr9 hero bard duo not to mention the group with a rr11 BM camping the front of poc by glen. This is really just getting silly now. Not to mention all the uber stealthers out for their easy solo kills, it's just stupid at this point.
Sun 16 Feb 2020 7:04 PM by Horus
When I see the title "Lone Enforcer" I just think ganker.
Sun 16 Feb 2020 9:43 PM by Pao
And? Before every kill counted even greys.

Obligatory "SOMEBODY GOT KILLED IN A RVR ZONE"
Mon 17 Feb 2020 3:31 AM by Forlornhope
I don't think temped level 50s should be rewarded for this at all, it's obviously still going to happen but this server rewards people far to readily for doing basically nothing imo. Make people con the correct color, remove 50 from getting any sort of credit/rps for killing them and maybe all those small men / solos will fund something better to do, maybe even fight other solos/ small men who are out ganking lowbies for easy rps/kill credits.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 6:29 AM by Enyore
Shit will always have flies buzzing around it....

Go somewhere else to XP, you have plenty of options.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 6:41 AM by Forlornhope
Yes, I am aware.. thanks for your insight
Mon 17 Feb 2020 6:44 AM by Forlornhope
The point is people shouldn't be rewarded for being 15 levels higher and camping xp spots all day. If they want to do it, fine whatever, but they shouldn't get rps for it.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 4:54 PM by sylvynyr
I probably shouldn't mention that killing greys counts for RvR task credit either, so everyone just forget I said that.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 5:33 PM by Lipsi
Forlornhope wrote:
Mon 17 Feb 2020 6:44 AM
The point is people shouldn't be rewarded for being 15 levels higher and camping xp spots all day. If they want to do it, fine whatever, but they shouldn't get rps for it.

Why is that ? After all, solo or duo level 50 make an easy prey for a small man/FG, etc. They stand out there in the ennemy zone and if they camp xp spots all day, where are the small men of your realm who could easily clear the zone and take the rps ?
Mon 17 Feb 2020 5:36 PM by Forlornhope
Lipsi wrote:
Mon 17 Feb 2020 5:33 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Mon 17 Feb 2020 6:44 AM

Why is that ? After all, solo or duo level 50 make an easy prey for a small man/FG, etc. They stand out there in the ennemy zone and if they camp xp spots all day, where are the small men of your realm who could easily clear the zone and take the rps ?

No idea where they are, but no one ever does anyhting when given locs/info in region chat. And if you can't see why fully templated rr9s shouldn't get rps for killing level 35s then I doubt anything I can say to you can convince you otherwise lol.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 5:37 PM by Lipsi
My point is that there will always be easy preys and bigger fishes in rvr. If you don't get rps for easy kills, why should a zerg get rp out of FG ? why should a FG get rp from small man ? why should a small man get rp from solo etc ?
Tue 18 Feb 2020 12:27 AM by Wolfir666
So, lets think of that idea a bit further...

a) you remove lvl 35s coning yellow, making them con grey -> you don't get RPs from killing a 35, while a 35 doesn't get task-credit for being killed and, since you suggested it, also won't get attack/defend-task-credits either.

b) what will happen? nothing much, just that the 35 will just be treated like 34 right now.
in all honesty, i like getting RPs for being killed as 35.. going out, risking to be killed, going inland killing some mobs, after task-credit going outside again, yay, win/win for everybody involved.

c) and what happens, as soon as one is 36? will that change the playstyle as it is now in any way? Will it even reduce people camping entrances to PoC or levelspots?
No, No, and No.

As was just written before, there always is a bigger fish. It always was like this in DAoC, and it always will be.

Personally i could even live with getting yellow some levels lower, and at the same time getting Task-Credits earlier.
The earlier one can participate in RvR and gain RPs, the better.
Tue 18 Feb 2020 8:37 AM by Tritri
having lvl 35 appear yellow to people is one of the best idea they had in daoc
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics