Points of Interest – Suggestions & Ideas

Started 14 Feb 2020
by Uthred
in RvR
As a result of the voting (numbers can be found here --> https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12459&p=96825#p96825), let us know what you think about possible improvements on Points on Interest (PoI). At the moment there is only one PoI in RvR, the keep task. Those who are playing on Phoenix since launch will probably still remember other PoIs which we had before. Do you think we need those back? Do we need to change something about the current keep task system? Do you have any different suggestions?

It is up to you, this is your possibility to create the future of RvR on Phoenix. The staff will have a close look on this thread and only reasonable ideas from this thread will be taken into the staffs discussion about any change we might or might not do in the future.

Talking about reasonable. This thread will be moderated very strictly. Only ideas and suggestions which are written down in reasonable and non-flaming words will be taken into consideration. Any flames, insults, etc will be deleted without any comment. Remember that the server rules are also valid for the forum and any violation on the forum may also have an impact on your game account.

Last but not least. We will NOT switch back to OF. Any ideas about OF will also be deleted.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 3:43 PM by MrWolf
Was wondering if it could be done, just to mix up NF tasks-rvr... To implement a sort of CTF-MiniRelic game.

Every realm has a flag, or banner, or some sort of mini relic inside their "unused" keep (trellebourg on mid, maydruim castle in hib, etc) that if captured and brought to the own one (resetting the banner on capture of course) will give some sort of RP reward on capture (1000 rp for every member of the group carrying it?).
And only notifying on broadcast the stealing, without any other ingame visual cue.

Leave this keeps without defences, just leaving to real people the job to defend them.

This imho will open up a lot more playing between small, solos, groups etc...

Just an idea.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 4:12 PM by Ashenspire
Idea for event:

A flag pops up in a random zone from the list of Hadrians, Pennine, Odin's, Jamtlamd, Emain, Breifine, or EV.

A platoon of level 55 guards and a level 65 captain from your respective realm and an opposing realm are dropped into place and start fighting. If you successfully defend your flag by defeating all enemies you earn an RP bounty. In EV all 3 realms show up.

If you are the aggressor and score a victory, you earn that that bounty plus a 15% bonus.

If you are the realm not represented by the guards and manage to clear out the 2 enemy realms, you get a 30% bonus.

This is balanced by the defending realm has the easiest time getting to the defense point but receives the fewest RPs for a win, the aggessing realm is assisted by the guards, and the non represented realm gets no help at all.

The bonus % could be moved around.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 4:45 PM by Rhox
I honestly don't have a good solution as much as I have tried to come up with one.

I do feel the need to incentivizes traffic to move and flow more randomly. Maybe a random solo task (think quest) to kill 1 guard at a random keep or tower that yielded a small RP return 50-100 RPs. Maybe a delay port to the 3 primary keeps blend, crauch, beno so people use other docks more often. Maybe some task or incentive to go to EV for some type of reward.

The main issue is a lot of people solo. When I say solo its not to fight solo fights its to do a mindless task to get some RP's. This is fine. On occasion with lowbies I have done this as well. But with the current task design all of those people swarm one spot. A bi product of that is all the people who want to kill something goes to that spot. This means task keep becomes the only active spot on the map.

Also thanks for the work on this and I do not envy the challenge ahead of you!
Fri 14 Feb 2020 5:15 PM by Grumpy74
Idea....

4 flags...EV towers...with the 4th being in the center keep. IF you are able to capture and hold all 4 for the 30 min timer..You get 40 percent rp bonus for an hour
If you capture a flag ..its a 10%...For every flag you take you get 10 %
If you do NOT hold all 4 flags ...You loose the Rps bonus after the task timer...and have to start all over.
That way everyone can enjoy a RP bonus..BUT the realm that actually holds it for the longest, they get an RP bonus for an hour
Fri 14 Feb 2020 5:15 PM by epicedition
Doppelgangers. Gives small amount of rps and spawn randomly around the map. Gives the pve gankers something else to do and i have always seen them promote small man action.

Also maybe like the pumpkin patches. collect them all for some rp.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 5:23 PM by tech27
(Sorry if this is a cross-post from the Suggestions forum.)

A lot of people like me are casuals (probably 80% of player base) log on 1-3 hours a day, and just want to find some quick action, without having to sit around and spam in /lfg to find good groups.
Why? Guildmates/friends quit/changed realms, and it's just tiresome to group with people you don't know. Or you might only be on for 30 minutes more, and feel bad to join a group then leaving after a short time, without a replacement.

These players will get run over by stealthers, and groups if they go around roaming. So they hang around the keep with other solos, and form coast guards. They are protected from enemy stealthers and groups, knowing other solo realmmates will help.

What will get solos/small groups away from coast guarding.
1) Short travel time needed to get to the action.
- Shorter the travel, the less chance of being ganked by stealthers/enemy groups.
- Shorter distance means more realmmates are likely en route as well, to provide cover.

2) The task objective needs to be at a singular location, not multiple.
- This means other realmmates are going along the same route, and can provide cover against enemies.

Old Frontier Emain and Molvik event met the above 2 criteria, and was great for solos/casuals. Everyone was running from apk/mpk to amg/mmg, and action can be found quickly. There was danger along the route, but there were always realmmates around to help.

Ideas for new task system:

Idea 1: Zone based Task with task object at center of the zone:
- EV being the task zone. Each realm given an EV tower, they can port to. The port should always be active regardless of portal chain. The tower cannot be taken by enemies. So the tower will need the uber portal keep guards (with shorter agro ranges)
- 20% rp bonus to rp's earned in the task zone.
- Create an task objective in middle of task zone, enticing players to the task objective and stay there to draw action.
- Task Bonus can be one or more of:
a) A time based reward--the longer time you spent (unstealthed) in the task objective area, the more rp's you get. When the timer rp bonus is granted, need print a message in player's log that indicates how long they spent in the task objective area, and the corresponding rp bonus.
b) An uber mob that drops loot - rp tokens, respec stones. Mob to have short agro range like a keep lord, and resets when outside of agro range. To prevent too many disruptions during rvr fights, and prevent lord from pulled outside objective area to be killed.
c) A capture-the-flag point similar to old CTF task, where porting is allowed for flag holding realm.

Idea2: Rotating Zone based Task between Emain/Hadrian/Odin with Permanent portal keeps
- Make the 3 keeps in each frontier to be un-takeable portal keeps, like portal keeps in OF with uber guards at the keep. Ports to these keeps are not bound by portal chain requirements. Towers of these keeps are take-able, but should not close port when taken. (Portals are good for action)
- No change to existing boat routes.
- PK's In Emain: hibs get DC, albs get Bolg, mids get Crim
- PK's In Hadrian: albs get Beno, hibs get berk, mids get eras
- PK's In Odins; mids get bled, albs get nott, hibs get blend
- 20% rp bonus to rp's earned in the task zone.
- The other keeps' portal chain, and relic gate chain do not need to be changed.
- Task objective to be in an open field area in middle of the 3 PK's. Task Bonus ideas same as from Idea 1.

The best action is when all the realms have ports close by (like when all 3 realms had ports in Hadrian last night, like Lamfhota Sound event, and Molvik event), and action to be had without having to travel long distances.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 5:24 PM by adlam
epicedition wrote:
Fri 14 Feb 2020 5:15 PM
Doppelgangers. Gives small amount of rps and spawn randomly around the map. Gives the pve gankers something else to do and i have always seen them promote small man action.

I like this idea.

I do not like ideas that involve forcing action to EV. That is part of why live is so dull - everything is centered around EV like a battleground.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 6:29 PM by Sepplord
I believe the most important Thing would be to give Players different targets.

Imagine if the keeptask wasn t the same for all. If everyone had a different target it would already spread the action. But i dont know if that is possible and also a bit against the spirit of the keeptask (but lets be real, the keeptask rarely leads to the keep being actually raided)

With other Systems i would like something in addition to Keep Task. Why alienate the Players that love the coastguarding. If it is still there they aren't forced into the new System, but surely will try it out. If they dont like it they can still fall back to their comfort zone for a bit and then retry.

Without a specific Solution in mind i would also like something that separates the different groupsizes. Easier said than done though. Maybe making the rewards heavily dependant on groupsize can already be enough.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 7:25 PM by pollojack
Rabbit event, inspired by PlanetSide 1.

Each realm is given an unclaimable tower with a red captain in EV. A ball spawns in the middle. Whoever holds it the longest wins. The ball resets when near the gates. To end the event one realm must capture any factions tower. Spawning at the tower stops once the door is breached, a fallback spawn near the bridge begins once breached.

These rules mean a faction in the lead must cement their lead enough to have enough time to end the event. Otherwise other factions can earn points or even stop spawns for the lead faction while they try to capture the tower.

RPs are given at 1rp/3s for existing in EV, ~1000rp/hr. RP/s means you don't need to be logged in, and can pop in and out as life demands.
Being near the ball gives you an additional 1rp/3s. Payout on capping depends on how many opposing pairs have been near the rabbit, 1 alb and 1 mid or 1 mid and 1 hib. Depending on how long the event has gone it could be substantial.

____

Invisible tasks. Tasks not visible to grouped players. Go to X, live for 1 minute, receive 200 rps. Amount of tasks varies with amount of players online to try and spread out solos.

I get that rps might come too freely for some but remember, a lot of lords and ladys 8 mans are just keep camping looking for solos. Difficulty in gaining rps is a non-issue as it is easy for low skill tactics to give rps currently.

___

If every realm owns home keeps when bled, beno, or crau are targetted for keep task the keep is downgraded to yellow guards with holes in the walls. Guard spawn rates are slower. Captain maintains level.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 8:26 PM by Cadebrennus
Place capturable flags in interesting areas/structures (such as abandoned villages, Taco Bell, etc.) as tasks, just like the capturable flag points near launch.

Implement rubble/box quests for people to turn in for BPs.

Ruined keeps.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 9:07 PM by borodino1812
Can we please get some proper use for BPs? Those are earnt in RvR, can they matter in RvR?
Sat 15 Feb 2020 7:48 AM by Runental
Most things have been already sayd.
Most important thing imo, is to split action from the coast guarding and keep tasks..

EV is a dead place atm but a perfect place for some solutions.
I like the 3 tower/center keep bonus RP idea from grumpy, aswell as collection tasks of any kind in EV. For BP and a small amount of RP.

Domination even was nice back in the early days of Phoenix, please bring it back!
Sat 15 Feb 2020 2:14 PM by Taniquetil
Great job @Gms for suggesting this and opening it up. Fantastic effort.

I get that its not easy but definitely one worth focussing on

CHALLENGES:

• At the moment it's strategically beneficial for players to circle their own keep within the safety of the guards
  • Most of the map is a barren wasteland#
  • Farming choke points, docks/keeps/dropoffs is commonpractice, from a solo, group and smallman perspective, but due to the above decent fights are rare

Learning from the past
  • big grps and zergs and powerful folk were funnelled to emain mostly, because everyone knew it was the hive of activity. Can EV be the new area for this? Each realm has a gate, choke points can also be circumvented by boat/running to different dropoffs so not nearly as much of a stalemate as OF was in certain scenarios. In fact camping a gate for too long could well get you pincered horribly. Sounds quite fun. Also solves another OF flaw of very unequal travel distances.
  • solos/smallmans could roam in 2 diff realms, this created nice zones. Encourage the same?
  • Camping Portal Keeps was rare, there was zero incentive or reward associated with camping portal keeps as guards would 1 shot opponents. Zero rp. Zero reward. Zero incentive. Of course occasionally people pushed, but it was futile and rp rewards to the defenders in these zones was minimal so not really a worthwhile endeavour... you knew you had to leave.
  • Custom to phoenix... you created movement, especially with capture the flag, great addition, spread the battlefield out nicely, and created rotation. Not saying it was perfect, but it did encourage a variety of areas to fight in.

, and the descriptor as a suggestion, not a mandate. It's the objective that should be thought about solving, not saying my solution is necessarily the right way to go about it.

+ Shard Skin Barrels
    + Tune hp back down, made fights too slow/encourage adding.

The invisible tasks suggestion above is nice, but of course circumventable. Checks on the 'have you been grouped in the last 30 mins', have you personally completed a 'solo task' already to learn the new info, to stop people just freely mentioning the info. No way to thoroughly stop this unless a malus is also added, but yeah, nice thought.

• [/list]
    HOW TO SOLVE?
    • Learn from the errors of current, and the benefits of old, and make the 'cheaper' tactics a less viable strategy or less rewarding for doing things that would be considered cheesy/easy/cheap. The reward in this should be found on the other side of a challenge. (not half afk shooting a palintone at a bridge hoping for the best)
    SUGGESTIONS/THOUGHTSTARTERS:Please read the bolded parts of below for the INTENTION of the suggestion
    • Similar to the previous capture the flag objectives in OF, implement an incentive for people AND groups to leave keeps. ideally in different regions/directions
    • Objectives to make you move
    • Maybe add a Malus to hanging around your home keep too long, or killing smaller groups or lower people consistently. but at the same time, a bonus to people roaming or rvring in 'off meta' areas?. Or Could be a malus, reduction in rewards for killing a group below half the size of yours for example, or have it take away from your task bonus rewarded each half hour. Or a timed reduction in task rp if you continually camp a certain area or sit in your home keep. 'risk/reward' component.
    • A Malus for being cheesy/picking on people
    • conversely to the above, killing something more challenging than you (2x the size, or zerg destroying as a full group, make that even more rewarding, like an rp multiplier on top based on the imbalance in the challenge. Outnumbered 3-1, get a 0.3 (no logic to this, this needs more thought) multiplier to rp for every person you kill. E.g. a Check on 'size of enemy group', 'number of enemy groups', 'adds', 'how many you're outnumbered by'
    • Encourage/reward people for taking on a challenge
    • Implement roaming or foraging tasks, eg items around the world that can be collected. More points for NON speed classses, less for speed classes, else you encourage everyone to play mincer/skald.
    • Encourage roaming
    • implement conflict zones or bonus rp areas. e.g. PENNINE GROUP BONUS x2 bonus for clean 8v8 in pennine. x2 Bonus for clean 1v1/solokill in Jamtland - This is an example. Bonus being +300-400rp, i know it sounds a lot but it HAS to be rewarding. Thought to be added on how to not make this a wasteland of BD's and Champs would be needed. I also wonder if a 'CHECKIF' could be put in place to avoid needing the cleanfight command, so rewarding rp if 90/95% of the damage done to all 8 members of the opposition group was done by members of your group? then automatically provide the rp bonus.
    • Conflict zones
    • . Guards currently destroy any smallman capability, or solo capability. Solos used to be able to operate inside keeps and cause chaos. Now 3-4 oj guards practically 1 shot attackers...dont quote me...but you get the point.
    • Reduce guard strength, as well as reducing task reward for taking keeps
    Final thought which imo should form the basis of the intent of the changes..The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. Not those who feed on scraps.
Sat 15 Feb 2020 3:29 PM by Forlornhope
Bring in the rubble collection tasks
Sun 16 Feb 2020 8:02 AM by Nauglamir
pollojack wrote:
Fri 14 Feb 2020 7:25 PM
Invisible tasks. Tasks not visible to grouped players. Go to X, live for 1 minute, receive 200 rps. Amount of tasks varies with amount of players online to try and spread out solos.

I get that rps might come too freely for some but remember, a lot of lords and ladys 8 mans are just keep camping looking for solos. Difficulty in gaining rps is a non-issue as it is easy for low skill tactics to give rps currently.

I like that one.
Sun 16 Feb 2020 10:40 AM by gotwqqd
Maybe some random task where not everyone is on the same thing....but many may be
Sun 16 Feb 2020 2:15 PM by Telcontar
Bring back the 5 capturable flags that existed in OF that realms could port to. Keeps the action fluid and lets it rotate amongst the realms as it did before. Zergs can port into to them to use as keep takes/relic takes if they wish. Solos and smallmans the same. Just makes everything more dynamic. They can still go the traditional boat route if they wish. Just gives more scope to get the action across all realms in a variety of places and keeps the action away from one to two locations (where the keep task is/where the zergs are).

Also forces home realms to be more vigilant and active in the defense of their towers/keeps. Less idling at the relic towns will occur as more people will likely port to one of their own keeps to idle to be more ready for a defense/capture offense if its needed
Sun 16 Feb 2020 3:39 PM by Azrael
+1 for the old domination/capture the flag.
Also like the idea of getting task rp only in specific zones/realms or some kind of dynamic rp bonus for zones with least action.
Sun 16 Feb 2020 5:20 PM by Brotherlis
Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 15 Feb 2020 3:29 PM
Bring in the rubble collection tasks

yes +++ turning rvr and we can solo too
Mon 17 Feb 2020 3:23 PM by Horus
There were valid reasons to go away from the flag domination point thing we had in OF. Let's not forget them. They had their own issues.

For what it is worth. I think things are pretty good the way they are. Change just for the sake of change is not always an improvement.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 5:11 PM by Azrael
Horus wrote:
Mon 17 Feb 2020 3:23 PM
There were valid reasons to go away from the flag domination point thing we had in OF. Let's not forget them. They had their own issues.

For what it is worth. I think things are pretty good the way they are. Change just for the sake of change is not always an improvement.

Your post does not contribute anything to this thread. What you said is already in your vote. At least try to improve your post and mention what issues with the old domination were bad. It seems many ppl (including me) forgot what was bad about it.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 5:40 PM by Pao
There has to be something that split up the solo/small action. Now as an attacker the coastguard is so bad that you not even try to have a fight. Seen so many people just straight running into a guard tower instead of feeding the to hungry coastguards.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 6:41 PM by opossum12
I'm pretty sure the Domination task went away when the server migrated from OF to NF, I don't recall anything specifically about how Domination tasks sucked.
Tue 18 Feb 2020 8:47 AM by Nefcait
Would be nice to somehow seperate the zerg players from the gvg list players so they can have their fun without getting zerged. EV is not really an option because the performance is very bad for some people
Tue 18 Feb 2020 9:41 AM by easytoremember
it might even end up being literally a rotation of different things
I don't know what sort of things will be picked but rotation is definitely good. Hourly rotation though is too fast (not to be conflated with credit ticks)

The times when things finally get going suddenly the action ceases- and not because interest was lost or that people logged, but that task had switched to a new zone. Because the task interval was (15/30/1hr) the activity spurred from it is limited to that time frame

The other reason for lengthier intervals would be to retain novelty of any given PoI where cycling through them all too rapidly strips them of weight; events are significant because when a given type will be up is uncertian and their duration is limited, but during the time they're up you can indulge multiple hours (or days)

That said it's not as if they have to be equal
intervals either. For instance, something that very overtly encourages zerging could be brief while something benefitting general fights in a given area was long lived. Said zerg type may not even show up in the cycle for week(s)
Tue 18 Feb 2020 12:10 PM by Idra
As it always was on DAOC, there's PVP players and PVE players. Make something attractive to PVE making them come in FZ.

-Keep the keep tasks for realms

-Make specifics Task token for frontiers task, tradeable for RPs, so more PVE players wil come to farm in FZ, or modify the branch/soils/snow to be tradeable for a realm amount of RPs.

-Put a task NPC that gives personal/grp task like it was on Uthgard, with tower taking task,make the lords weakers, to be able to be killed by a 8man in less than 20min as soon all towers are claimed, infos shared on lfg/region and flamming towers on maps.

-Don't decrease RP rewards after 4L
Tue 18 Feb 2020 12:18 PM by Forlornhope
So you basically want PvE players to come to the frontier so you can exploit their lack of experience for easy kills? Alright
Wed 19 Feb 2020 12:07 AM by lolhisup
From original post) The purpose of the keep task is to make a certain keep a point of interest, ie somewhere where people flock to and are likely to encounter enemies. We consider such a point of interest valuable and want to keep something like it, however, we don't particularly care about it being a keep. Another examples of how we did a point of interest here was the domination flag task in old emain. A pot of gold somewhere would also be an example.

Yo guys, I have the solution. Just make a pvp instance.

I am looking forward to reading all the stupid shit you people have to say about this.
Wed 19 Feb 2020 5:38 AM by Norselaw
I'll layout my favorite ideas so far and add a few of my own:

3 Realms, 3 tasks
Realm #1. Keep Task (keep as is)
Realm #2. Domination (has portable objectives to capture, have to own to port. like we had before)
Realm #3. Invasion Realm (this is player driven where a zone can be locked down when all keeps and towers are taken. Make towers easier. Zones would be Uppland, Jamtland, Odin's, Yggdra for example)

EV is Wildcard
Capture the Flag (Grumpy's idea)
Murderball
Ect. (tasks in EV cycle through these multiple gametypes)

• All tasks should be different time length some short, some longer. Also task types will swap between realms.

I like the doppleganger/rubble collection

• Cathal Valley Task
  • 3 times a day all tasks end and there is only one task available: Take the CK in Cathal Valley. Lvl 35 to 50 can port to CV battleground.

• Keep Thidranki as is, lvl 25-29 Molvik
  • Wed 19 Feb 2020 6:57 PM by Tamtrooper
    Keep the current task system. Add domination/capture flags like we had before. Add randomly spawning Doppelgangers that you can kill for some rps. This hopefully should spread some of the action away from the task keeps and add variety. This is, of course, incumbent on it not being a coding nightmare to implement in some way. Thanks for all your hard work making this freeshard great!
    Wed 19 Feb 2020 10:51 PM by Fugax
    Get rid of anything that promotes afk/standing around sandbagging free rps for the sake of logging onto the game and doing nothing! For example, the current attack/defend keep task system. Gives false numbers in the frontier/server for ppl just standing around doing nothing/afk to move there toon every 45 min for a tick to do it all over again... I mean... play how ya wanna play, but giving hand outs for nonsense like this is dumb.
    Wed 19 Feb 2020 11:44 PM by Azuell
    There are a lot of ideas that sound good, in theory, on this thread and others. None of us really know how they will pan out and effect the action in RvR though. I think we should just get the testing process started now. Pick one or two and let us test them out for a week. Collect feedback and let us test a couple more for a week. Do this for a few weeks then vote on our favorites. Narrow it down to a few and tweak them as necessary. Then bring back the favorites for another testing period and have a final vote.

I know they said a system like this was the plan but we might as well just get it started asap. Between this thread and others on the suggestions page, there are plenty of solid ideas out there. We need to see how they actually operate once implemented though.
    Thu 20 Feb 2020 7:16 AM by Sepplord
    heavily disagree on that, PLANNING is the biggest and most important phase of projects

just jumping into activism, starting as fast as possible etc... is just bound to fail and produce further problems down the road that often cannot be completely remedied or take much more work than if you had planned for/around them before
    Fri 21 Feb 2020 2:21 PM by imweasel
    And these points of interest should be in addition to what currently exists. Sorry if this has already been suggested.
    Fri 21 Feb 2020 4:07 PM by Azuell
    Another thing to consider is what works best for Euro primetime might not work well for NA primetime. With a lower population, the action could get too spread out with a change that works well with the higher population at Euro primetime.

I don't know if it would be possible to have different tasks depending on the time of day but that might be something to think about if possible.
    Fri 21 Feb 2020 4:44 PM by idknemore
    Points of Interest that apply to solo/duo/small man would be nice.

I am not sure zerging/fg's need any more "help."
    Sat 22 Feb 2020 12:13 PM by Taniquetil
    Sorry but if the current task system is left as is, no matter what we change, people wont change. The ease of afk rp gain needs removing. And the ease of hanging around so close to a safety net also needs to be discouraged.

I stayed afk for 4hrs the other day and gained like 25-30k rp for handing in branches and punching a guard every 30 mins whilst working inbetween. Its broken.

It’s like not needing to leave apk/mpk or dl and still gaining 6-7k rp/hr currently.

Lots of good ideas here but the current one MUST be removed to affect change
    Sat 22 Feb 2020 12:55 PM by Vindicator
    It's much like a wedding date, you will never make everyone happy, somebody will be be negative about a suggestion or find a reason it doesn't suit them. Sometimes you just have to take a chance and see how it pans out. Whatever change is made I and others appreciate your time.

From my perspective coast guarding solo, duo/trio, small manning, 8man and zerging all need to have attention without making it impossible to do any of them going forward but let's face it they are linked. It's always been a case of the bigger fish eats the smaller fish. Whether that's a rr9 sin killing a rr3 tank, an 8man rolling a smallman, Zerg devouring an 8man.

I think the key is in embracing it. When you get online you have to /opt in. This command looks at what rr you are first, then your group status. You are then placed appropriately into a tier task system. The task system for your tier is unique. You will be given a random set of tasks appropriate to your realm rank / group status and realms current combat effectiveness. (This is determined by current number of keeps/towers owned by each realm and any active BG that is up.

These tasks are varied random and involve certain Cris crossing of realms zones and solo->small->8man->zerg

I mean I'm not going to list out all the possible tasks but safe to say there are many and some don't have anything to do with 8man+ and the same said for a solo / small. You can't take a keep with a smallman so you just wouldn't get that task but it might still put you in the area of the keep to kill 50 players from the current keeps realm in the vicinity of the keep.

For example. Meaning that while an enemy bg might be following a task to take Nott, an 8man from another realm has a task of killing 50 midgardian players in the immediate area around the keep + towers. While a smallman might have a task in that area to kill 5 groups of 3+ enemy realm players and solo players simply have to kill 5 players solo in that zone (Odins).

It's not all keep/tower taking related but multiple tasks. You would always have a keep RvR main one active but the rest change to all sorts of interesting little tasks which feed on each other and while sometimes excluding certain big fish from them.

Another task which will occasionally come up for example is smallman zones in each realm rotate a buff meaning that they are triple realm points in the immediate area only available to solo->small men. If an 8man /bg is detected there the buff is not active there. Also the teleporters are useable and accessible to only solo/small and you don't have to die there to port. You must run to one the first time though. And still cool down on ports so you can't just spam it. Randomly dropped in it. Another task might be kill only Elves/Trolls/Britons. Or Kill the highest realm rank for triple points. A stealth/speed storm which disabled region wide for random amount of time.

There are so very many more mini tasks you can play with but the main idea is to have tasks which are separate for each type of play but that they still intertwine to some degree.

Discuss especially those not happy 🤣.
    Sun 23 Feb 2020 3:18 PM by Toadster
    My one ask with whatever we land on as the next thing here is that one of the tasks better utilizes the space of NF and attracts action to zones and areas that rarely see it currently. I'm so tired of fighting by keeps, on the coast lines or along the rivers when there are far more interesting areas that remain desolate 95% of the time.

I'd imagine that a version of the domination task or some sort of capture the flag system could accomplish this, provided that some thought is put into the point locations. I also think it's important that the points either be random, or that there be 3-5 different layouts that rotate randomly. In OF, everyone knew where the domination flags were and it became very systematic how players would zoom through it or totally roadblock groups when the numbers were out of balance.

It would also be great if we could find a way to fully utilize the opportunities with EV with something creative and engaging. Right now the zone is underutilized in part due to the lag that a lot of people experience as their PC's load up all of the content out there. Not sure if there is any way that you could alleviate that.
    Mon 24 Feb 2020 10:30 AM by Gohanssj
    Anything in EV will help massively, atm it's a dead zone that has the ability to split camp spots for stealth zergs so they're not all sat at the docks, you have the agramon bridge, mile gate and EV docks for a start.

Then the zone itself is great for roaming.

Would need a way to dissuade full groups from just farming solo/small man going to task though or all you will do is create a free buffet for the already over rewarded mindless zergs
    Tue 25 Feb 2020 1:35 PM by Shamissa
    Open EV /MK central keep and we will have some massive fights.
    Tue 25 Feb 2020 5:34 PM by Ardri
    Suggestion 1: Make relics worthwhile again. As a test for 2 weeks, change the bonus to 10% per relic, and then watch how it affects gameplay etc. Do a poll for "Keep 10% relic change?" Should be easy to implement as it's 1 static % bonus in relic code.

Suggestion 2: Make EV a point of interest to consolidate action. The bridges/milegates are good choke points to facilitate action. Can easily go around by taking a boat to enter via he dock.
    Wed 26 Feb 2020 5:26 PM by Killaloth
    Idea: increased task RPs in the task area if RPs are gained a bit further away from keeps and towers.

Coastguarding is something a lot of people don't like. But coastguarders don't like to die!

Reward bravery. That is, if you dare to venture the frontier even as a solo you get more rps; or get some rps even if your enemy dies after some time. Whatever makes it worth not sticking to the keep.

PS: I would not introduce further point of interest too far away from the task as we have already 4 points of interest: the task and the 3 closest starting point to reach the task for each realm. Imho the population is not enough to introduce something else far away from them (smallman labirinths and solo areas didn't work).

PS2: avoid spamming this thread with posts that are not ideas or suggestions, keep it simple. <3
    Thu 27 Feb 2020 9:37 AM by Jingo NZ
    EV point of interest

To create a hub of engaging RVR activity away from keep tasks that is satisfying for many different play styles and attitudes.

Step 1:
    Put NPC in the middle of EV that accepts soil/branch/snow and pays out a generous amount of gold in addition to the regular reward, AND 1.5X the exp.

Step 2: Place 4 buff NPCs equidistant around EV. These provide buffs with the following restrictions:
    a) Only provide you the bonus if you are in EV
    b) Only provide the bonus if you are solo or in a group of 4 or less
    c) You may only have one of these 4 buffs active (whichever was the most recent)
    d) Persist through death and last 20 minutes

Buff master 1: Combined forces pot at the level of red buffs

Buff master 2: Speed 5 pulse buff

Buff master 3: Determination 6

Buff master 4: Stealth lore

So depending on your class or group make-up you choose the buff that will give you the most benefit.
    For example, no Skald? Go for speed.
    Think you know where a stealth group is hanging out? Go Stealth lore (but expect that they might have red combined forces buffs when you find them).
    Got speed and buffs already covered? May as well get Det 6.
    Got a full group? Come to EV and see how long you can last against your buffed up enemies
    Thu 27 Feb 2020 10:10 AM by inoeth
    Killaloth wrote:
    Wed 26 Feb 2020 5:26 PM
    Idea: increased task RPs in the task area if RPs are gained a bit further away from keeps and towers.

Coastguarding is something a lot of people don't like. But coastguarders don't like to die!

Reward bravery. That is, if you dare to venture the frontier even as a solo you get more rps; or get some rps even if your enemy dies after some time. Whatever makes it worth not sticking to the keep.

PS: I would not introduce further point of interest too far away from the task as we have already 4 points of interest: the task and the 3 closest starting point to reach the task for each realm. Imho the population is not enough to introduce something else far away from them (smallman labirinths and solo areas didn't work).

PS2: avoid spamming this thread with posts that are not ideas or suggestions, keep it simple. <3

you need to say that you did all your rp with adding as a coastguarder lol
    Thu 27 Feb 2020 7:32 PM by Killaloth
    inoeth wrote:
    Thu 27 Feb 2020 10:10 AM
    you need to say that you did all your rp with adding as a coastguarder lol

No OT here mr horg, plz continue to use pvt msges, you seem proficient.

Sat 29 Feb 2020 8:25 PM by Taniquetil
    While we're going on suggestions. An appproach to balance group stealth should be looked in to.

Objective. Allow solos to have a slightly better chance at avoiding meeting a stealthzerg / Discourage groups farming solos.
    Encourage groups to fight groups more rather than actively hunting solos just to farm RP. not fun for anyone.

Possible solves:
    Stealth detection and stealth ability when grouped to be nerfed, and or solos be given a boost in viewing distances of grouped stealthers. Large enough to allow a reaction to turn around quite readily and avoid incing.

Not to say that groups of stealthers shoudnt be allowed, of course, if groups want to fight groups, go for it. In fact at the same time this adjustment could allow groups to still fight, possibly even making stealthzergs have an easier time finding each other, to have some fun gvg fights.

The only thing the above is intended to affect is groups hunting solos, or stealthers running in visi groups trying to pop solo stealths. Neither really a hugely positive/fun/skillfull/challenging part of the game for either party.

*Edit i should say that this should be looked at most likely based on the number of people in an area, rather than 'grouped' since you could easily circumvent it by just disbanding.
    Sat 29 Feb 2020 9:28 PM by thirian24
    I hope the do something soon. Only way to get albs out of Beno is take that keep. Then they just camp the next keep.

Do something to get these people out of their safe havens and into the action.
    Sun 1 Mar 2020 12:51 AM by gotwqqd
    Taniquetil wrote:
    Sat 29 Feb 2020 8:25 PM
    While we're going on suggestions. An appproach to balance group stealth should be looked in to.

Objective. Allow solos to have a slightly better chance at avoiding meeting a stealthzerg / Discourage groups farming solos.
    Encourage groups to fight groups more rather than actively hunting solos just to farm RP. not fun for anyone.

Possible solves:
    Stealth detection and stealth ability when grouped to be nerfed, and or solos be given a boost in viewing distances of grouped stealthers. Large enough to allow a reaction to turn around quite readily and avoid incing.

Not to say that groups of stealthers shoudnt be allowed, of course, if groups want to fight groups, go for it. In fact at the same time this adjustment could allow groups to still fight, possibly even making stealthzergs have an easier time finding each other, to have some fun gvg fights.

The only thing the above is intended to affect is groups hunting solos, or stealthers running in visi groups trying to pop solo stealths. Neither really a hugely positive/fun/skillfull/challenging part of the game for either party.
    Always wanted this in stealth system

If same realm players are stealthed within x(to be determined) units, detection is increased by y(also set by balance)
    Mon 2 Mar 2020 8:51 PM by Forlornhope
    /bump any sort of info/update on anything?
    Wed 4 Mar 2020 3:41 PM by Forlornhope
    /bump rr10 small mans doing nothing but zerging down solos at task keeps is getting old. any updates/info on any of these great suggestions? Test weeks, anything??
    Thu 5 Mar 2020 10:14 PM by kedelin
    I would like to see a quest system like live had... a series of rvr quest and you can only complete once per 24 hrs.

1. 5 solo kills with a minimum of 1 must be in solo zone area or maze.

2. 25 kills for roaming with friends. ( your group has to get death blow s this helps slow down some roaming zergs)

3. 25 kills in a keep or tower siege. (Must be on fire)

4. 25 kills on ev... also open ev porter for use all the time will increase action there..

Could also implement the buggane the rotates from ev to all 3 mazes every half hour... you kill buggane and then click on them and gives you 10 percent bonus rps for 1 hour...
    Sun 8 Mar 2020 12:26 AM by mattymc
    This game is kinda at the point of live, which is NOT a good thing -- decisions have driven the game to be one realm dominant ; doing the same things they did on live will just ensure the game stays in the <my opinion> sorry state in which it currently resides. Instead, perhaps revisit some of the 'balance' decisions made -- they were effectively wrong given the population flow; instead of makeing PvE for RP more available, how about punishing realm/relic hopping or massive population imbalances with no or <gasp> negative RP's.

Honestly only ACTIVE intervention will prolly work --- reset everything and when pops get out of balance -- go GOD mode and blow up the offenders; it's worth a shot.
    Mon 9 Mar 2020 4:00 AM by Forlornhope
    No word on even like testing?
    Sun 15 Mar 2020 11:33 PM by Uthred
    Check this thread for further infos --> https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=45&p=99088#p99088
    This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics