Albion 8v8 Group Setup

Started 24 Jan 2020
by Harvest
in RvR
Why does no one in albion run 8v8 Melee-Based Comps?

I mean things like:
1) Cleric
2) Cleric
3) Friar
4) Paladin
5) Reaver
6) Reaver or Mercenary
7) Mercenary or Armsman
8) Sorcerer

A side from Celerity Albion have pretty much everything that other Realms have, on top of a lot more Tankyness which give a huge advantage on Melee Comps, also have some of the Classes that deal the most Damage (Hello Reaver's Leviathan) or have a lot utility...

Here on Phoenix we also saw a lot of Buffs for Classes that were not picked on the original current Patch like Paladin and Friar, both now have a higher Damage Table, Paladin have a lot more Skill Points (Which make it possibile to max out pretty much everything you need without comprise) and Friar also have a Back Snare for Peel now and a Offensive Heal Proc for the entire Group which further increase the Tankyness of the entire group (Which is already the most Tanky out of the Three Realms).

I know that old habbit are hard to die, but I don't understand why people don't try these things in the current Server situation.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 6:45 PM by Lollie
Forgot the minstrel
Fri 24 Jan 2020 8:01 PM by Harvest
Lollie wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 6:45 PM
Forgot the minstrel

True, sorry! For a lot of group is mandatory...
Remove the 6) Reaver/Mercenary Slot, and add a Minstrel if a Group want to run it...
Fri 24 Jan 2020 9:15 PM by opossum12
Cleric
Cleric
Sorc
theurg
Minst
arms
merc
X

X being Pally, reaver, or Necro AF debuff.

The best group in beta was an alb tanker (necro af debuff) but they stopped playing that comp with the endo changes.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 9:22 PM by Harvest
opossum12 wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 9:15 PM
Cleric
Cleric
Sorc
theurg
Minst
arms
merc
X

The best group in beta was an alb tanker (necro af debuff) but they stopped playing that comp with the endo changes.
That's just more or less the classic Albion Caster Group, not a Melee Focussed one...

I think that people are so used to play on the original Patch (Which is 100% understandable and fair, since Paladin and Friar were HORRIBLE as classes), that they didn't even try new melee focussed setups with them now, since in this Server they got buffed so much...
Fri 24 Jan 2020 9:24 PM by Stimmed
Cleric
Cleric
Min
Sorc
Cab
Merc
Merc
Arms

Still gives you pets/cross debuff nuking ranged inturpts and tons of meele 2 demez. But people have proven any group can work played right. Just have fun it might not always be ideal but you can make it work!
Fri 24 Jan 2020 10:47 PM by thirian24
The other night, we ran

Cleric
Cleric
Merc
Merc
Merc
Arms
Reaver
Minst

And absolutely killed it. It was hilarious. No CC to speak of. No theurg rupts. Lol

I had a blast
Sat 25 Jan 2020 12:05 AM by Enyore
thirian24 wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 10:47 PM
The other night, we ran

Cleric
Cleric
Merc
Merc
Merc
Arms
Reaver
Minst

And absolutely killed it. It was hilarious. No CC to speak of. No theurg rupts. Lol

I had a blast

You are right, this kind of group is quite fun to play. Its a bit chaotic as the lack of CC means lack of structure but its a ton of fun.

In the beginning of the server we ran with:
Cleric, Cleric, Mins, Mins, Arms, Arms, Merc, Necro

have 3 or 4 fights of this kind recorded in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KGocE2xWCA
Sun 26 Jan 2020 1:30 PM by opossum12
Harvest wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 9:22 PM
opossum12 wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 9:15 PM
Cleric
Cleric
Sorc
theurg
Minst
arms
merc
X

That's just more or less the classic Albion Caster Group, not a Melee Focussed one...

I think that people are so used to play on the original Patch (Which is 100% understandable and fair, since Paladin and Friar were HORRIBLE as classes), that they didn't even try new melee focussed setups with them now, since in this Server they got buffed so much...

That's the classic alb tanker group. Sorc and theurg aren't dps, they are support classes in that comp (no cab)
Sun 26 Jan 2020 1:35 PM by Razur Ur
I think strong setup is:

Cleric
Friar
Minstrel
Minstrel
Sorc
Arms
Merc
Pala
Sun 26 Jan 2020 9:09 PM by Bentleyzsht
Was just thinking about leveling a Wizzy. Nvm, don't seem to have a need.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics